Halo 5: Guardians Opening Cinematic and Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
In case you missed it, here’s the opening cinematic to Halo 5: Guardians. I think it’s the one of the best openings I’ve seen in a while. Fireteam Osiris is the counterpart to Master Chief’s Blue Team in the upcoming game. There is actually a newer trailer I’ll also link to, though it’s pretty low quality since it was shot in a cinema.

one of them looks like that guy from that crappy halo nightfall movie

Halo 5: Please God buy our Xbox One edition. Now with still not on PC edition.

Doesn't matter, will have Fallout 4.
halo-reach-fanboys.png

The only Halo game I ever "bought" was Halo 1.. When my dad thought the first X-Box were still cool. At least he tried. He played it himself.

PC Master Race.

M$ will have to launch on PC eventually. PC gaming is making more and more money each year...

The female character with the red suit looked vaguely Samus-like...hmm.

I was expecting to see master chief pop up somewhere in that trailer. sad face at the end. John, where art thou?

one of them looks like that guy from that crappy halo nightfall movie

That is the guy from Nightfall. Agent Lock. Nightfall was supposed to give some back story on him. To bad I have no idea what the hell that actually plays into anything. I had to look up to figure out what they where fighting, then realized those are the things that make up the brutes. But it still made no point in the show / movie.

I'm pretty sure they were targeting a locked 60fps (no clue at what resolution), that's why splitscreen co-op was cut.

Yes it is 60fps

to bad it will be another console game running at 30 fps

May want to spend a few minutes and read up on the new consoles and what they are typically shooting for: 1080p and 6t0fps. Not every game makes it, but atleast this one its been stated numerous times,l they are running at it in halo 5. even the Halo 2 anniversary mp ran at 60fps .

Hmm... was that Nathan Fillion?

yup. He played sgt buck in odst, and in halo 5, Sgt buck joined the Spartan program and is a Spartan. Cant wait!

That is the guy from Nightfall. Agent Lock. Nightfall was supposed to give some back story on him. To bad I have no idea what the hell that actually plays into anything. I had to look up to figure out what they where fighting, then realized those are the things that make up the brutes. But it still made no point in the show / movie.

Yes it is 60fps

Same actor also played the drug kingpin in The Good Wife

Meh, four indestructible super bouncy soldiers.

Predicting they will drop a planet or black hole on one of them and it will bounce right off...

They have pump shotguns that far in the future? You'd think that nano-tech would eliminate the need for such an archaic reloading mechanism.

They have pump shotguns that far in the future? You'd think that nano-tech would eliminate the need for such an archaic reloading mechanism.

Feng Shi rules.. You get +1 damage if you cock the weapon audibly.

One of them went through a solid rock boulder at high speed and made it look like cotton candy. Having trouble suspending disbelief if the good guys are made of solid neutronium with total disregard for things like inertia.

Since so many people are just bitching about things here.

Let me be one of the few to say that I am looking forward to this game. Having played all the other Halo games I am interested to see where they take the story this time as they appear to be going for something very interesting. Halo 4 was an had a good new story line, game play got a little old after awhile though. But it was the new teams first go at the series so I was expecting a few bumps. Now they have that under their belt they can expand on that and make something greater this time around.

See: 1911, M2HB. Both weapons have been around for around a century, slated to keep right on going into the future. Shotguns have a dead-simple, reliable loading system and have a huge amount of versatility. Everything from non-lethal to HE rounds.

So they can make a trailer.

343 still haven't been able to prove they can make a good Halo game, so who cars?

Yes it is 60fps

Yes, and they removed local multiplayer to do it. So, yay, victory?

Yes, and they removed local multiplayer to do it. So, yay, victory?

To the pc master race that wants games to be more like their games, yes that is a win because that is what you get when you start worrying more about it being pretty than actually being playable.

This will likely cause me to purchase an XBOX one .... damn you Nathan Fillion

Back