Halo 4 Sales Hit $220M On Launch Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Fan of the franchise or not, you have to admit $220 million day one sales is pretty damn impressive. :eek:

Microsoft Corp said its "Halo 4" video game racked up $220 million in global sales on its launch day, beating records set by previous installments of the hit series. Action-shooter "Halo 4," released last Tuesday, is on its way to reaching $300 million in global sales in its first week, making it the biggest launch in the decade-old Halo franchise's history, the company said.

Ive been a big Halo fan since the beginning, bought the limited ed. At midnight launch, the story is interesting, quite a departure from the previous halos, but the multiplayer is... Lacking, 343 needs to polish its MP experience. The armors are bland, gameplay is fast paced and lacks strategy or skill, pretty much whoever starts shooting the other player first wins, weapon balance is too uneven, seriously there is no reason to use any other weapon besides the DMR/BR

Ive been a big Halo fan since the beginning, bought the limited ed. At midnight launch, the story is interesting, quite a departure from the previous halos, but the multiplayer is... Lacking, 343 needs to polish its MP experience. The armors are bland, gameplay is fast paced and lacks strategy or skill, pretty much whoever starts shooting the other player first wins, weapon balance is too uneven, seriously there is no reason to use any other weapon besides the DMR/BR

You hit it dead on. There are glitches and exploits too. I've been playing since halo 2 and halo 4 is actually quite mediocre. They didn't do a public beta and I think that led it to be a far worse game then it should of been.

343 studios will always be remembered is "shitty bungie"

The sales would have been of 3 billion if not for those damn pirates! damn them!

I don't really care abou he multiplayer, I just can't play competitively on a console. I have always enjoyed the game for local coop and I did play through the campaign and it was definitely my favorite of the series.

I have never had any interest in halo MP I only play the SP. So far the SP is the best of the series. Also I am really impressed with the visuals 343 has been able to squeeze out of an aging system.

I can't for life of me understand the popularity of the halo franchise. *shrugs*

I have maybe played an hour total for all the Halo games. Just not a fan..

Graphics are impressive for the Xbox360. The storyline is well-varied and polished. There's maybe a touch too much time spent on cinematics, but was still decent.

Haven't touched the multiplayer, and really haven't done so in a halo game since the class/perk changes in Reach. I don't have the time to devote my life to multiplayer gameplay, so I'd rather play something where I'm not penalized for not playing. That's why Halo2/3 were good... hop in and play whenever you wanted, no pressure.

I can't believe the Xbox360 is still going this strong over a decade later. This actually saddens me for the gaming industry. Get these dinosaurs out of here already. grrrr! :mad:

I dunno. I was pretty sad when I beat the campaign in 5 hours. Shortest of the series. The big boss also looked like he was ripped straight from LotR.

I'm pretty disappoint.

Goes on the "List of things I'll play when/if people buy them for me".

I have too many Steam games I picked up for sub-$5 to spend $60 on a 5-6 hour SP campaign.

That being said, several reviews are claiming it's the best in the series, and I felt Reach was that way, even though I didn't care for Halo 3 or Halo 2's campaign.

oh and I beat the Legendary campaign under the 8hour mark, that is ridiculous, Halo 2 Legendary was ridiculously hard to the point of WTF/controller-thru-TV/nerd rage quit. Halo 3 also to an extent. Halo 4 was pretty much a breeze thru...

I must one of the few who gets extremely nauseous and dizziness/headaches from playing any Halo game. I don't know why, I can play other FPS games just fine. :confused:

Played it, had fun, doing the legendary run through now. Story was pretty damn good, ending was great, not the best out of the Halos story wise but I like this new direction.

Back