Halo 4 Coming to PC via The Master Chief Collection Come November 17th

erek

[H]F Junkie
"If you clicked through, here's a short love letter to Halo 4 from this writer: I am a Halo fan (but not a fanboy). Halo 4 is a game best experienced after playing the other mainline Halo games, due to its heavy story-centric nature. Some of the most emotional parts of the game come from the idea of players having bonded with the franchise over the years; it is, for my money, the best narrative in a Halo game ever (even counting with the excellent Halo 2). Halo 4's attention to graphics, audio, and storytelling deliver the most rewarding narrative-focused Halo. It is the franchise's release that's closest to a space opera, and it broke ground in the Halo universe (which counts with an extended narrative through more than thirty books, comics, one animated anthology series and two live-action series). Halo has been with me since I was ten years old, and it has given me some of my most cherished memories in gaming (Halo 5: Guardians notwithstanding). Go forth, Spartans, and find the true story behind humanity's conflict. I'll see you on Requiem."

https://www.techpowerup.com/274425/...he-master-chief-collection-come-november-17th

Wtf is wrong with this guy? Halo 4 was by far the worst. Ok, I haven't played 5 to compare it to, but 4 was absolute trash compared to 1, 2, and 3.

I don't remember much about the actual game/gameplay but I do remember being blown away by the graphics in the intro scene. I remember googling if it was live action, CGI or some kind of combination.

Still looks great!

Wtf is wrong with this guy? Halo 4 was by far the worst. Ok, I haven't played 5 to compare it to, but 4 was absolute trash compared to 1, 2, and 3.
Chill dude. People are allowed to have opinions different than yours.

I didn't play a ton of Halo 4 but what I did was alright. Not amazing, but not terrible either. It didn't really do much to make me want to keep playing though. I'll probably give it another shot after the PC release.

I'll play it. I'm sure it is worse for various reasons, but the original games were very light on the story anyways. It was barely present. I think nostalgia carries Halo 1-3 / ODST/Reach.

I agree I think Halo is pretty over rated. Only reason it got so popular cause it was one of the only decent OG xbox games and it was the first console fps that did online well.

The music is what made the first halo great, imho (well, that and multiplayer/lan parties). Same thing which hooked me on c&c and a few other great games. Sure, the story was okay, and gameplay wasn't bad, but the music was fantastic (the composition, timing, and emotion).

Might pick it up. Haven’t played Halo since CE, which I enjoyed as a kid.

So Halo 4 was released 8 years ago on the 360, re-released on the Xbox One as the The Master Chief Collection 6 years ago, is now finally coming to PC. Yea... I don't feel confident about Microsoft owning Zenimax. How many years before we get Fallout 5?

So Halo 4 was released 8 years ago on the 360, re-released on the Xbox One as the The Master Chief Collection 6 years ago, is now finally coming to PC. Yea... I don't feel confident about Microsoft owning Zenimax. How many years before we get Fallout 5?

The new Halo is releasing on pc and xbox at the same time, I'm sure it will be the same for any Fallout and Elder Scrolls games.

The new Halo is releasing on pc and xbox at the same time, I'm sure it will be the same for any Fallout and Elder Scrolls games.
The only reason it is because right now the Xbox One has failed. With the release of the Xbox Series, that may change and if it does then who's to say that Microsoft won't go back to several years before releasing a game on PC? Has Microsoft made a store on PC to compete with Steam and Epic? Besides the Microsoft Store which they do sell games there, but it isn't comparable to Steam, Origin, or Epic. Releasing games on PC and Xbox is a temporary thing for Microsoft, until Xbox can gain more market penetration again.

Has Microsoft made a store on PC to compete with Steam and Epic? Besides the Microsoft Store which they do sell games there, but it isn't comparable to Steam, Origin, or Epic. Releasing games on PC and Xbox is a temporary thing for Microsoft, until Xbox can gain more market penetration again.
They made gamepass for PC that let people use steam if they want, it depends how much gamepass on PC is popular vs piracy, if they ever achieve to put a lit on piracy it is hard to think of a reason why they would not consider releasing an xbox exclusive.

The only reason it is because right now the Xbox One has failed. With the release of the Xbox Series, that may change and if it does then who's to say that Microsoft won't go back to several years before releasing a game on PC? Has Microsoft made a store on PC to compete with Steam and Epic? Besides the Microsoft Store which they do sell games there, but it isn't comparable to Steam, Origin, or Epic. Releasing games on PC and Xbox is a temporary thing for Microsoft, until Xbox can gain more market penetration again.

No, it really isn’t temporary. Not with their GamePass push. Even if they get a head they’ll still do PC releases. You keep talking about Microsoft now as if it’s exactly the same as the old MS. You have to remember that there are different people in charge of the company and it’s divisions. They’re not going to suddenly drop a large revenue stream for no reason. That would be stupid.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
No, it really isn’t temporary. Not with their GamePass push. Even if they get a head they’ll still do PC releases. You keep talking about Microsoft now as if it’s exactly the same as the old MS. You have to remember that there are different people in charge of the company and it’s divisions. They’re not going to suddenly drop a large revenue stream for no reason. That would be stupid.
I hope you're right. Sony could also put their exclusive games on PC and make nearly twice as much money, but they probably won't. It makes logical sense but without exclusives then consumers have less of a reason to buy that platform.

I hope you're right. Sony could also put their exclusive games on PC and make nearly twice as much money, but they probably won't. It makes logical sense but without exclusives then consumers have less of a reason to buy that platform.
Sony thinks their games need to be completely exclusive to sell consoles.

Microsoft thinks they just need to be exclusive to other consoles.
How many people are going to buy Halo on PC that would have bought an Xbox just to play it? MS is betting they'll make more money selling on both Xbox and PC than whatever that would net them. The fact that if you buy it on the Xbox store you own it on both Xbox and PC means it might lead more people to buy an Xbox, especially if they're considering both Xbox and PlayStation.

Maybe that could fall apart and they'll stop selling on PC, but I'm not worried about that for now.

Back