Halo 3 Slanted for September.

As much as I would like to believe it, I still dont see Halo 3 making a September release.

Halo 2 was delayed several times for a total of 6+ months so I'd guess this game will be, too.

As much as I would like to believe it, I still dont see Halo 3 making a September release.

Why not? They have been doing closed beta testing for sometime now, and the large public beta should be coming soon. How much testing does one game need?

I dunno markets and marketing, but it seems like a halo3 release would be a huge boost to sales, and using that boost would be better at a time that's not the christmas holiday. That way you get two big sales boosts...halo3 in sept...sales spike....halo bundles for christmas a few months later...sales spike.

I dunno markets and marketing, but it seems like a halo3 release would be a huge boost to sales, and using that boost would be better at a time that's not the christmas holiday. That way you get two big sales boosts...halo3 in sept...sales spike....halo bundles for christmas a few months later...sales spike.

Exactly. They'll consoles and millions of copies of Halo 3 and then 2-3 months later sell even more copies, september is really the ideal time to release halo 3.

There's an interview with Shane Kim (head of Microsoft Game Studios), on gamevideos.com, and they discuss a lot of things, including launching Halo 3. According to him they'd launch Halo 3 if it was ready next week, and he's not concerned about launching it before the big November push, but of what you mentioned Technoob. They'll have big sales in September, and then in November, when the Holiday shopping season starts, they'll have those big sales again... or ideally, according to him, he'd like to see a nice steady line of sales, and not two sale "bumps."

Part I
Part II
Part III (Halo 3 talk)

Halo 2 was delayed several times for a total of 6+ months so I'd guess this game will be, too.

How could it be delayed when a date was never announced by the publisher/developer?

Oh, right... cause EB games said it was coming out earlier. :rolleyes:

off topic but why slanted and not slated or how the saying is. typo? i think others caught it too.

heh, was just about to correct him on the slanted thing. I think he just couldnt think of the word... its really not used too much around here.

September would be ideal for MS, as it would take steam from sonys completely unoriginal playstaion home or whatever it's called.

Why not? They have been doing closed beta testing for sometime now, and the large public beta should be coming soon. How much testing does one game need?

Its not the multiplayer im really concerned about, its the single player. Pretty much all I have heard about to this point has been about the multiplayer. Not much info has been released about single player, and not many screenshots.

It is possible that it will come out in September, I just honestly dont see it right now.

Its not the multiplayer im really concerned about, its the single player. Pretty much all I have heard about to this point has been about the multiplayer. Not much info has been released about single player, and not many screenshots.

It is possible that it will come out in September, I just honestly dont see it right now.

The reason why you haven't seen anything about single player is probably very deliberate. They dont want any details about the story to get leaked. Considering this is the last in the series they are probably being extra cautious about details of the story getting leaked before the game is released.

The reason why you haven't seen anything about single player is probably very deliberate. They dont want any details about the story to get leaked. Considering this is the last in the series they are probably being extra cautious about details of the story getting leaked before the game is released.

I hope that is the case, because for the second one I was all pumped for the single player and I was let down. The devs seemed to focus on the multiplayer. I remember initially all the previews about Halo 2 were about the single player, then slowly it started shifting towards the multiplayer up to the point were by release it was basically multiplayer news only.

I just hope 3 is what I wanted 2 to be.

Last in the series? You don't think Microsoft will continue to make Halo games for future consoles? It wouldn't make any sense. They make tons of money off of Halo games. From a sales standpoint, they'd be stupid to stop at Halo 3. (Imagine if Nintendo had stopped at Super Mario Bros. 3!)

Last in the series? You don't think Microsoft will continue to make Halo games for future consoles? It wouldn't make any sense. They make tons of money off of Halo games. From a sales standpoint, they'd be stupid to stop at Halo 3. (Imagine if Nintendo had stopped at Super Mario Bros. 3!)

Microsoft dont make halo.

A slanted game is not good in my eyes its like comparing apples to pears and oranges to apples.

JK

The main reason for Halo 3 in september / it would be smart because every dorm in the country would be wasting the whole college semester away hehe.

Bungie have stated that the Halo FPS series as we know it is a trilogy, no more after #3. They are branching out into other genres though with games like Halo Wars.

Bungie have stated that the Halo FPS series as we know it is a trilogy, no more after #3. They are branching out into other genres though with games like Halo Wars.

Bungie says: "Q: Is this the last ever Halo game? A: It is the conclusion to this story arc."

Doesnt mean last game just last part of this part of this story.

its going to end up like star wars

its going to have prequels

and then your going to play the whole story through as the enemy
etc etc etc

Bye bye Legendary Edition. I just saw how the price was announced as "$129.99 U.S. estimated retail." ebgames, and some other sites, had it listed at $99.99, and at the price I was considering it. I'm not getting it at 130. I'll just get the Collector's Edition, and if for some reason I can't find it, I'll just settle for the regular old Standard Edition, or whatever they call it.

its going to end up like star wars

its going to have prequels

and then your going to play the whole story through as the enemy
etc etc etc

LOL, more like, Halo 1-3, then prequels, then remakes of the origonal, and then remakes of the prequels... then lets do it all over again just because Halo is a cool title name. :D :p :D

Back