Halo 3 Limited - potential packaging woes

Supposedly a real problem, according to the thread there's a multi-page thread on the bungie forums as well.

A similar thing was said when Halo 2 came out, and the Collector's Edition versions had the two disks stacked on top of eachother, with the top one hovering above by a very small ammount. My disk came perfectly fine, so here's hoping that Halo 3 does as well.

It's a big problem, gamestop won't let me change my pre-order(I can't believe I even gave them my business, but I wanted to be guaranteed halo on day one :( )

Pre-ordering games is such a ripoff. My buddy almost always pre-orders games from eb/gamestop, only to find on launch day that the place he pre-ordered from doesnt have stock , and we just end up picking it up from target/walmart/bb/cc..

Pre-ordering games is such a ripoff. My buddy almost always pre-orders games from eb/gamestop, only to find on launch day that the place he pre-ordered from doesnt have stock , and we just end up picking it up from target/walmart/bb/cc..

Hows it a ripoff? You do not pay anything extra, you put $5 or so towards a game. Say the game is $50, you preorder it and put down $5, when you come to pick up the game its $45. If you do not want the game anymore you can cancel the preorder and get your money back. Hardly a ripoff.

Only reason I sometimes preorder is to get a good deal. I only have done it a few times though.

Did it with Halo 3 from Costco cause I saved $5 and I get it shipped to my door (which BTW, just got shipment confirmation :D )

I also did it with:
Forza to get the free in game car
Far Cry: Instincts to get another older game free
Crackdown to get $5 or so off and free delivery to my house
BF2142 to get free unlocks and a flash drive
some others, but not many and from a long time ago :p

The nice thing about preordering from places online is that they ship it to you and you have a great chance at getting a copy. gamestop and best buy instores (bestbuy.com ships to you) from my experience just set aside copies and they do not always allocate enough. I was POed when I preordered BF2142 at BB in store and they almost did not have a copy for me (i got the last one in that store which was just sitting out on a shelf).

Just got back from my local EB Games, where I pre-ordered.

Apparently, they know about the situation, and they'll be willing to exchange the game on the spot if I find a scratch, and if not there than 30 days later. When I asked how they could have enough copies to do that, I found out they were only selling to pre-orderers, and they ordered enough copies, even more than required to fill all the preorders, just in case. Those who didn't preorder would probably go to Walmart next door that day, until EB filled all the preorders.

I'm happy, and relieved.

First, you should try a different store of the franchise. I found a good EB, the guys there are nice and they put their customers in front of profits, even though all the other ones in Toronto are nightmares. Preordered before, got my copy on launch. Second, you don't pay extra for the game, it goes towards the final cost. Last, you sometimes get a few extras. Like a poster, a shirt or cap, a backpack, etc.

First, you should try a different store of the franchise. I found a good EB, the guys there are nice and they put their customers in front of profits, even though all the other ones in Toronto are nightmares. Preordered before, got my copy on launch. Second, you don't pay extra for the game, it goes towards the final cost. Last, you sometimes get a few extras. Like a poster, a shirt or cap, a backpack, etc.

Stores do very, especially with EB/Gamestop. There are two near me and the one sucks, but the other has 2 of the coolest managers out there. Great to talk to and both were really fair and nice about deals and such when I traded in a TON of stuff (paid for my whole 360 Premium with my PS2 Setup ;) ).

Back