halo 3 getting boring,what else to get

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I am starting to get bored of playing halo 3.
I just bought my 360 not long ago.I have halo 3,cod4 and the arcade games that came with the 360.Needless to say I feel cod4 is a way better game and it is getting most of my time,matter of a fact about 90% of my time is going to cod4.

Me and the wife play uno the other 10%

I can get around $25 for halo 3 and I am looking to get something else.I have to stay at $25 before tax on this.
I am looking for something prefer a racing game that is long,will take a long time to beat,has high replay value.Realistic body and mechanical damage would be nice but not necessary.

Someone said PGR4 or Forza 2.I dont know how these games are.Can you guys chime in on these.I will look into any other kind of game except for RPG.I cannot stand those kind of games.Please help me out guys I need something new to play and to keep me busy for a long time.

crackdown
mass effect
dead rising

all can be had for less than 15 used at gamestop

Forza 2 is very very good, but only if you like racing sim type games, which I do not. You can get it really really cheap though.

Forza 2 is a good buy, it's similar to the GT series in that you buy a cheap car and build your way up buying more cars and upgrading the ones you have. It's fairly realistic as far as console games go and is a good buy since you can find it for dirt cheap used. It has fairly realistic body and mechanical damage, if you hit a wall it will mess up your steering and the car will start to pull to the left or the right.

PGR is a more relaxed series as far as the controls go, I haven't played it much so I can't say what it's like. Another good racer is DIRT, but it seems hard to find these days. It also has a sequel coming out in the near future I believe.

My favourite shooter series on the 360 is Rainbow Six Vegas and it's sequel. Not the greatest graphics but I like the balance of realism and fun, and it's good coop.

Call of duty franchise is my number #1 shooter game.Infinity ward has their shit together and treyarch sucks.As long as infinity ward makes cod I will play it.

In forza can you do mechanical upgrade or do you just buy new cars?I know PGR4 you are using stock cars.I would like to be able to change paint,change engines,tune gear ratios and shit like that.

How long is the career mode in forza 2 tho?

Forza 2 lets you do mechanical upgrades as well as tuning, and the upgrades put you into different performance classes depending on how much you upgrade. You can also change the paint to pretty much anything you like, and with the decal system you can design pretty much anything you like as long as you have patience. Not sure how long the career mode is because I didn't finish it, but it's long.

Do you think it will take more then 30+ racing hours to beat the game?

Anyone have a clue of how long the game should take to beat?

It's hard to say how long it takes to finish career mode, but I'm guessing 50+ hours easy. I have no idea how long it would take to get one of every car and max your driver level to 50. I would say though that Forza 2 is cheaper than GRID, plus it's deeper, has more replay value, and a larger following.

Forza 2 is the way to go. You can change gear ratio's, shock dampening, spring rate, sway bars, tire pressure, etc.

Career takes a long time, especially considering the endurance races that take at least an hour to finish per race, and theres 5~ of them? can't remember.

Sweet forza 2 it is.
Left for dead is out of my price range man.

How are the graphics on forza 2?

Alright I am gonna go and get it now.I have to get a 1 month xbox live card also.I dont have enough to get the whole 12 month of live.

Hopefully forza is good,I mean it is cheap and I hope it lasts a long time.
Forza 2,1 month of live card,xbox live arcade unplugged here I come.

advise looking for $30-40 deals on a year subscription to live soon, so in the next month you can upgrade... saves a lot of money in the long run.

If you don't care about buying used games check out an EB-Games or Gamestop as I remember used Forza2's going for really cheap as they were given away with the premiums/pro's for a while with marvel ultimate alliance.

Should be able to find it for real cheap used. Great game, and quite long. If only Microsoft would let another FF wheel like the g25 come over to xbox land =(. I couldn't deal with the MS wheel and wasn't about to go through 3+ of them to find one that felt right.

Well I went to a gamestop today and left with the following

Crimson skies
Xbox live arcade unplugged (geometry wars baby)
Forza 2 marvel unltimate alliance disc
1 month live gold card.

I didn't have the money to get a 1 year subscription.I still have a month left on my current account so I am good for another month.

depending on pace, if you like slower pace i'd suggest rainbow 6 vegas, and if you like faster i'd suggest gears of war.

both are shooters, 3rd person, but really fun because of the cover system.

I dont need a new shooter.I am fine with cod4.See the thing was I got so bored with halo 3 as I liked cod4 better,so I only played cod4.

I want to get some other games besides shooters that take a while to beat.I hope forza takes up alot of my time as we have until 11-10-09 for cod mw2.

I want other games because sometimes I get really pissed off playing cod4 and I need a break for awhile.Between geometry wars and forza 2 I should be in good shape.I played crimson skies and while the graphics are not the best the gameplay is great

I am tapped out on games for a while.I have other hobbies too and they are alot more costly then 360 gaming.

Gotta start buying parts for my 9mm 1911 build I am doing.That is expensive hobby guys

If you buy forza 2 its only $20 brand new. Don't buy the used copies because the new ones contain all of the downloadable content so that you don't have to buy them. My gf got it for me and I love it.

There's a bunch of good games. If you've been held up by halo 3, I feel bad for you.

Halo 3 was getting boring and I was never playing it.I was only playing cod4.

I am playing a lot of geometry wars now.I cannot wait for 11-10-09,then I will lose interest in every game I have for a long time

If you haven't already bought it, there's a demo for Forza 2 that you might want to check out.

If you want something more arcadey, Burnout Paradise is a great time. I've put well over 100 hours into it, and the crashes make it fun even when you mess up.

I don't play fighting games much, but just got Street Fighter 4 and it's super addicting online. I haven't had this much fun since playing cod4 online for the first time. Match making is super fast (if you choose auto match mode thing). Only trouble is finding the sold out mad catz joystick.

I didnt play fighting games alot either, but SFIV sucked me in just like COD4 did a year ago. I also didnt much care for RPGs until I played Fallout 3, then I picked up Fable 2, then Oblivion and am now running through Shivering Isles. These are all games that can bring faith to an entire genre.

On the cheap you can look for these used: Skate, Battlefield Bad Company, Far Cry 2, COD2, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia.

Back