Halo 2 Gone Gold! Sweet!

wow soooo coool, considering theres been an offical release date since e3 who gives a fuck that its gold?

Ahhh yea! Been looking forward to this for a while. More than D3 and HL2 combined!! :) :) The next 29 days are going to be like a countdown to Christmas when you're 12 years old!

Now all we need is a pc version :(

I have an xbox, and i might end up getting it, but id rather play it on my computer

corran_horn314 said:

I have an xbox, and i might end up getting it, but id rather play it on my computer

Yeah... kind of disappoints me.

corran_horn314 said:

well see one in about 2 years i guess. im sure someone will do a sorta-conversion for halo: custom edition.

GrumpusVonPuffyB said:
well see one in about 2 years i guess. im sure someone will do a sorta-conversion for halo: custom edition.

Yeah but it still isn't Halo 2. I still hate Microsoft for taking Halo away from the PC. Now they screw all the PC people by releasing shitty ports 2 years after the fact.

Well I'm glad it's coming out. It'll provide me and the rest of my dorm floor with some fun lanning.

I like my xbox.... :)

There's a new gadget for the xbox that lets you hook a keyboard and mouse up to it. That has me actually thinking about the Xbox and Halo2. Anyone already have this gadget? Any reports on it?

Buy for Xbox, then buy the keyboard/mouse adapter and just fucking own controller nerds.

Man, I think it's sad that I clicked this thread thinking it was HL2 that went gold. I guess it's pretty atypical that you see a thread on a console game going gold. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. :p

I'm still excited about Halo 2 though.

The sequal to the most overated game this side of Counter-Strike. I can't wait. Oh, but I get two guns, what am I thinking, this will be awesome!

:rolleyes:

heyheyhey said:
The sequal to the most overated game this side of Counter-Strike. I can't wait. Oh, but I get two guns, what am I thinking, this will be awesome!

Why do you think it's overrated? :confused:

Because I have more fun with a toaster. I have played the XBOX version with friends, alone, same with the PC version. I never saw anything "revolutionary" about it, and didn't find it very fun at all.

heyheyhey said:
Because I have more fun with a toaster. I have played the XBOX version with friends, alone, same with the PC version. I never saw anything "revolutionary" about it, and didn't find it very fun at all.

Well it did have vehicles :p And you have to admit, it blows every other console FPS out of the water.

I think the problem is you're comparing a console game to PC games. Which we all know isn't fair :) At least in the FPS department.

And when it first came out (what? 2 - 3 years ago?) it had damn nice graphics, and way better A.I. than a lot of computer FPS's....

I'm the Dude said:
There's a new gadget for the xbox that lets you hook a keyboard and mouse up to it. That has me actually thinking about the Xbox and Halo2. Anyone already have this gadget? Any reports on it?

Is it out yet? I can't wait for it.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
What's the point in bashing people who like to use controllers? :rolleyes:

Because every Halo freak I've ever met says they are "it." They claim nobody can kill them, I tell them... let me play with a kb and we'll see :) They always say.. sure.. but that'll never happen, and if it does I'd own you.

Common Sense
kb & mouse >>>>> controller (for FPSs atleast)

So I get to own everyone who thinks they're 'good.'

I bet my left nut that Halo2 will lag like a b1tch in MP, better get use to 12FPS.

this weekend i'm gonna go to my local sam goody and pre order the halo 2 special edition and then order me one o them fancy keyboard and mouse converters. and if i have enough money i may also get the component video plugs and the box to let me play my xbox on my pc monitor, wow that will whoop some ass. i'll spank my box up next to my computer and hook myself up some live and play with kb/mouse just like i'm playing cs. haha this will be fun. i also have to get one of those new halo 2 plantronics headsets, maybe i can find one for cheap on ebay or something, dunno if i wanna spend 50 bucks on an xbox live headset
my headset broke a few weeks ago, i have it ghetto rigged up right now, kinda sux. i'm definately getting a halo 2 one eventually.

theNoid said:
Because every Halo freak I've ever met says they are "it." They claim nobody can kill them, I tell them... let me play with a kb and we'll see :) They always say.. sure.. but that'll never happen, and if it does I'd own you.

Common Sense
kb & mouse >>>>> controller (for FPSs atleast)

So I get to own everyone who thinks they're 'good.'

alright.....so what's the point in bashing controllers? Everythings fair if everyone is using one.

So your problem is you suck with a controller or what?

Who's to say they can't kick your ass if they were to use a keyboard? Just because someone is good with a controller doesn't mean they a stupid console kiddie who doesn't know how to use a computer. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see how the plot unfolds in Halo 2 like...
What beef does the Covenant have with humans?
What are "The Flood"?
How come there's only ONE spartan?
etc, etc, but you get my point, I'd like to see my questions answered. I don't think about them much, but wen i think about halo, i think of those questions. :confused:

I still hate Microsoft for taking Halo away from the PC.

It started on the Mac. It was an RTS on the PC. Bungie flip-flopped several times before Microsoft purchased them and set them in one direction.

So predictable. A PC elitist bashing Halo is like a hobo begging for money...it's just their nature, I suppose. Unfortunately, they compare it to the games of today without considering any of the following;

1: Halo was released three years ago.
2: Halo had little to no advertising official before or after release.
3: Halo has better AI than many PC games of today have (I'm looking at you, Doom 3)
4: Halo's graphics were every bit as impressive as the PC games of the time.
5: Halo for the Xbox has pushed four-million units (Guess all those who bought it were just blind console !!!!!!s, right :rolleyes: )

I bet my left nut that Halo2 will lag like a b1tch in MP, better get use to 12FPS.

They've spent the last six or seven months polishing that very aspect of the game.

Woohoo! Cant wait! I want this more than HL2 ATM! :D I really like console games, they're something different. Its nice to have some variety....seems like all you people like is PC PC PC PC PC! And if you're gonna play this game ( or halo 1 ) with a bad attitude just because its a console game...well...what do you expect? Halo was the only console FPS done right ( well, next to goldeneye :D ) I'll have my copy on day one w000t

WickedAngel said:
It started on the Mac. It was an RTS on the PC. Bungie flip-flopped several times before Microsoft purchased them and set them in one direction.

So predictable. A PC elitist bashing Halo is like a hobo begging for money...it's just their nature, I suppose. Unfortunately, they compare it to the games of today without considering any of the following;

1: Halo was released three years ago.
2: Halo had little to no advertising official before or after release.
3: Halo has better AI than many PC games of today have (I'm looking at you, Doom 3)
4: Halo's graphics were every bit as impressive as the PC games of the time.
5: Halo for the Xbox has pushed four-million units (Guess all those who bought it were just blind console !!!!!!s, right :rolleyes: )

They've spent the last six or seven months polishing that very aspect of the game.

glad to see I'm alone on this one. :)

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
glad to see I'm alone on this one. :)

Trust me, you're not. Go on over to HL2.net though, i've never seen so many anti-halo 2 !!!!!!s in my LIFE! Argh, that site makes me sick. Guess those nerds dont like competition? :p

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Trust me, you're not. Go on over to HL2.net though, i've never seen so many anti-halo 2 !!!!!!s in my LIFE! Argh, that site makes me sick. Guess those nerds dont like competition? :p

yeah apparently not. Oh well though. Not my problem they're missing out :p

In my area, Halo lans are the easiest and most availiable thing around here... north idaho.

I mean, we got a four day weekend this past thursday - sunday and there were four 12-16 player lans this weekend that I knew of. I only made it to one (all very good friends) and I had a blast.

I would say that this is pretty good for a town of 6,000 people... :eek: :D

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Woohoo! Cant wait! I want this more than HL2 ATM! :D I really like console games, they're something different. Its nice to have some variety....seems like all you people like is PC PC PC PC PC! And if you're gonna play this game ( or halo 1 ) with a bad attitude just because its a console game...well...what do you expect? Halo was the only console FPS done right ( well, next to goldeneye :D ) I'll have my copy on day one w000t

Rare followed up Goldeneye with Perfect Dark, which in my opinion was also a dam good game. I was the first in this thread to whine about there not being a pc version at launch. I did it not because i hate consoles, but because i love games in all forms, its much more inconvinient for me to play my xbox right now(its hooked up to the shared tv in my dorm), and modern computer graphics are much better than 3 year old xbox graphics(i'm talking about the xbox being old, not that they havent updated things for halo 2).

Halo was a good game, maybe a little overhyped but it deserves much of the praise it got. Halo 2 doesn't look like a revolutionary leap, but it does look like a worthy sequel.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
yeah apparently not. Oh well though. Not my problem they're missing out :p

I just want to add this... You have not experienced Halo till you play on ]|[ Marin']['in ]|[ 65" Wide Screen and the Yahama Sound System, 8 vs 8 CTF is the best at his house, gotta love the hour long kill festivals :) GO HALO!!!

P.S If you bash Halo, you just cant play so you gotta bash it

Halo was one of the best FPS games to ever come out. If you haven't played it because it was out on the "lowly" Xbox, then you're missing out on a great game. And why is Halo and Halo 2 the target of disgust as to a delayed PC port? I don't see people pissing and moaning that the GTA and Final Fantasy series comes out for the PS2 first, nor that the Gran Turismo series is still a Sony-only series. Microsoft wants to sell Xbox consoles. Keeping game exclusive helps that greatly. On one hand you want to complain that the Xbox is "just a PC" yet get angry when Microsoft then has to go out of their way to convice you with game titles that that's not the case.

If you are upset you don't own an Xbox, go out and buy one. It's only $150. People on these forums will spend $300 to $500 for a new video card to play an extremely mediocre game (Doom 3), yet balk at paying $150 for an enitre system which will actually give you a wider range of games to play.

iZero said:
Halo was one of the best FPS games to ever come out. If you haven't played it because it was out on the "lowly" Xbox, then you're missing out on a great game. And why is Halo and Halo 2 the target of disgust as to a delayed PC port? I don't see people pissing and moaning that the GTA and Final Fantasy series comes out for the PS2 first, nor that the Gran Turismo series is still a Sony-only series. Microsoft wants to sell Xbox consoles. Keeping game exclusive helps that greatly. On one hand you want to complain that the Xbox is "just a PC" yet get angry when Microsoft then has to go out of their way to convice you with game titles that that's not the case.

Halo/Halo 2 aren't the target of disgust more than Micro$oft and Bungie are for the way they handle it. For example, take the new Grand Theft Auto. Right now, it's already known that a PC port is being worked on, and they've already got a release time of second quarter of 05. Compare this to Halo 2, in which both companies have stated that at present time NO PC PORT is planned. Now, this very well may change, but right now that is where it stands. And if we take the methodology of Halo PC and apply it here, we've got:
1) A port that isn't even being done by the company who wrote the game
2) A port that will put the release of Halo 2 PC at some time during 2007.
Compare this again to Grand Theft Auto, where there is a several month lead time between console and PC versions as opposed to a several YEAR lead time, and the 'port' being developed by the persons who developed the game itself.

No one is, or at least I am not, arguing that keeping Halo/ Halo 2 exclusive to the Xbox helps greatly. Hell, my opinion is that pulling it with Halo was a major factor in the success of the Xbox. However, I get miffed because of the apparent lack of concern that Microsoft has for the rest of us. They've got every right to run their company as they see fit, just as I've got every right to call them on their backhanded treatment of those of us who choose not to shell out for their console system due to a preference for personal computers. Doesn't mean they are wrong, nor does it mean that I'm right. But when smaller and less well funded companies can do it better and faster, it begs the questions. Then again, I hate to say it but more of my ire went to M$ for the exclusivity crap with JSRF than Halo....

If you are upset you don't own an Xbox, go out and buy one. It's only $150. People on these forums will spend $300 to $500 for a new video card to play an extremely mediocre game (Doom 3), yet balk at paying $150 for an enitre system which will actually give you a wider range of games to play.

Not upset that I don't have an Xbox....never wanted one.

whoami? said:
Not upset that I don't have an Xbox....never wanted one.
Apparently you are since you take issue with Halo 2's release on the system. All I know is that I'll be playing Halo 2 with my controller while everyone else on here will be watching Steam "pre-load" four megs of encrypted sound files for Half-Life 2 *OMFG, DOOD*.

You know, anytime I see Micro$oft or M$ or Bill Gate$, I groan. It comes off more as "I hate Microsoft because they are richer then me". Even if that isn't the goal.

What backhanded treatment?

>But when smaller and less well funded companies can do it better and faster, it begs the questions

Yeah, Poor Sony is barely able to stay solvent.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Well it did have vehicles :p And you have to admit, it blows every other console FPS out of the water.

Got Goldeneye? Me and my friends still get together and play Goldeneye every now and then, and its what? 6-7 years old? Best part is though, we probably have more fun with it than most of our PC games, so no, I'm not a "0m65 pC r0x0r5 j00!!1" !!!!!!, I just know an overated game when I see it, and Halo is exactly that.

Back