Halo 2 for Vista.....

Sipster

Gawd
I am pretty excited about this game. I thoroughly enjoyed Halo 1 on the pc because I'm much better using a mouse and keyboard than a gamepad.

But......what I can't understand is why the hell is this game Vista only? I mean, it's only using DirectX 9 so I'm sure it would run fine on XP.

Any thought???

Possible scenarios.

1. The game dev doesn't want to test the game on the old OS and certify it to work with them. cuts testing time out if they are only "officially" marketing/testing to the one OS.

2. Microsoft is sacrificing sales of Halo 2, in order to boost the appearance of "need" for Windows Vista so all those people who are still hanging on to WinXP make the jump.

In either case, unless MS puts in some halt in the installer process, it may work just fine under XP. Will be interesting to hear when it comes out.

The huge push is the Live for Windows platform, which is mainly a Vista thing. This is the same thing Shadowrun is going into, since the 360 version will launch at the same time as the PC version.

The huge push is the Live for Windows platform, which is mainly a Vista thing. This is the same thing Shadowrun is going into, since the 360 version will launch at the same time as the PC version.

But I've heard that Halo 2 Vista players cannot play against xbox players.......is that true?

But I've heard that Halo 2 Vista players cannot play against xbox players.......is that true?

Not sure about that, but I did see something about players testing Halo 2 on Live on 360 and PC simultaneously..

That is true. There is no cross-platform play. They would have to spend a lot of time balancing
the gameplay and guess what? Halo 2 on the Xbox is already out and cannot be changed!:eek:

That is true. There is no cross-platform play. They would have to spend a lot of time balancing
the gameplay and guess what? Halo 2 on the Xbox is already out and cannot be changed!:eek:

They can change it plenty if they really want to, they just released a new patch for it this last week. I just don't think they really wanna spend the time it would take to balance it out when halo3 needs all the people it can to finish on time.

Back