Half Million Dollar Abstinence Simulator

[RIP]Zeus;1036008566 said:
You Sir! Have won the ignorance award. :eek:

Really? Go have sex with someone with herpes, or try to prevent HPV with them if you are a girl.

Tell us the results smart ass.

And again, condoms break, and are not fully protective against the things it's made to protect, like HIV. And hiv can also be contracted thru the mouth as well.

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/insite?page=ask-01-02-25

HAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAhhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahaahahahahahhahhahahhaha

Stop it, you're killing me! You get a gold star for passing abstinence training! :D

And you need a darwin award.

Let me ask you fools something. Do you trust a piece of plastic to stay alive for a long time?

Yet you trust a piece of plastic over your cocks to protect your VERY LIFE?

This is degrading to women. F--- your religious programming.

What teens need to know about sex are the risks of not using protection, the responsibility of bearing a child, and that a woman has the right to choose when she's ready to become a mother.

Abstinence and religion don't go hand in hand so this has nothing to do with religious programming. Other than that I agree that preteens and teens should be taught about protection.

And I know some fools will try to call me gay or some other nonsense...

But truly sorry to say, but only abstinence works perfectly at preventing births and stds. Condoms can HELP, but the fools on here who think it's there salvation are kind of like someone building a plastic fort to protect themselves froma giant meteor.

You simply can't go around having sex with anybody with stds and expect that you won't ever get anything.

HAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAhhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahaahahahahahhahhahahhaha

Stop it, you're killing me! You get a gold star for passing abstinence training! :D
Yeah, that kind of thinking is based more on stubborn, faith-based ideology than on practical results. Abstinence only sex ed or not, young people are going to have sex. They can't just exclude inconvenient data points as they often try to do. Condoms and birth control use do prevent unwanted pregancies and severely reduce the transmission rates of STDs.

The only sure way of not getting an STD is to have no sex. Protection is not 100% certain but it is close to it and it would be a good to encourage to use it. A girl barely in her teens who gets pregnant will most likely live a screwed up life as will her kid.

Yeah, that kind of thinking is based more on stubborn, faith-based ideology than on practical results. Abstinence only sex ed or not, young people are going to have sex. They can't just exclude inconvenient data points as they often try to do. Condoms and birth control use do prevent unwanted pregancies and severely reduce the transmission rates of STDs.

That's funny, because I don't do anything faith based. I take care of my body and go to the gym. I eat right and I work out. I do things because I know I'm not immortal.

My brother eats too much, is way to fat, but probably wouldn't do anything about his weight issue until he has a stroke. Which is kind of like what I'd expect some of the people arguing here to do.

Faith based? I'd call some of the arguments here based around faith on a condom faith based.

The only sure way of not getting an STD is to have no sex. Protection is not 100% certain but it is close to it and it would be a good to encourage to use it. A girl barely in her teens who gets pregnant will most likely live a screwed up life as will her kid.

I mean early teens and preteens.

You see though, when you go about talking to teens about using 'protection', you should let them know that all it is 'help'. You can't tell people to put their trust in the condom like it's their God.

And I know some fools will try to call me gay or some other nonsense...

But truly sorry to say, but only abstinence works perfectly at preventing births and stds. Condoms can HELP, but the fools on here who think it's there salvation are kind of like someone building a plastic fort to protect themselves froma giant meteor.

You simply can't go around having sex with anybody with stds and expect that you won't ever get anything.
Making blanket generalizations like "condoms don't protect against STDs", and then making a bunch of inflammatory responses when people call you out on it? 10/10 Trolling.

And I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that only abstinence can prevent births and STDs. People aren't going to stop fucking though, especially teenagers, so you might as well educate them properly, rather than trying to scare them out of having sex.

Really? Go have sex with someone with herpes, or try to prevent HPV with them if you are a girl.

Tell us the results smart ass.

And again, condoms break, and are not fully protective against the things it's made to protect, like HIV. And hiv can also be contracted thru the mouth as well.

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/insite?page=ask-01-02-25

there are no known records of wet-kissing on its own causing aids. the only known reported case involved a couple with awful teeth and both with bleeding gum disease. sores in the mouse with have to be open and actively bleeding to actually spread hiv. These are things i learned when my anxiety lead me to believe that kissing actually COULD transmit, and I was proven wrong by people who this has hit closest to home.

also, condoms + birth control = you are a freaking idiot and can't read the manual if you get someone knocked up by using both...seriously...something is fishy if it happens. also, most households have coat hangers if an accident really gets made :D

that said, common sense is even better than abstinence, you can have your cake and eat it (out) too!

there are no known records of wet-kissing on its own causing aids. the only known reported case involved a couple with awful teeth and both with bleeding gum disease. sores in the mouse with have to be open and actively bleeding to actually spread hiv. These are things i learned when my anxiety lead me to believe that kissing actually COULD transmit, and I was proven wrong by people who this has hit closest to home.

also, condoms + birth control = you are a freaking idiot and can't read the manual if you get someone knocked up by using both...seriously...something is fishy if it happens. also, most households have coat hangers if an accident really gets made :D

that said, common sense is even better than abstinence, you can have your cake and eat it (out) too!

sorry, hiv goes up there was rushing

Making blanket generalizations like "condoms don't protect against STDs", and then making a bunch of inflammatory responses when people call you out on it? 10/10 Trolling.

And I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that only abstinence can prevent births and STDs. People aren't going to stop fucking though, especially teenagers, so you might as well educate them properly, rather than trying to scare them out of having sex.

People aren't gonna stop eating burgers too, so by your logic people are scaring them about the dangers of being a fat ass and having diabetes and strokes.

OR you could buy the wrong condom with a tear. You could have an accident. It's not as simply as reading a manual, you are still putting your trust in a condom.

Yes, common sense is better. Common sense would tell someone they aren't invincible, a piece of plastic will only do so much and you better be ready for the consequences if something happens.

OR you could buy the wrong condom with a tear. You could have an accident. It's not as simply as reading a manual, you are still putting your trust in a condom.

Yes, common sense is better. Common sense would tell someone they aren't invincible, a piece of plastic will only do so much and you better be ready for the consequences if something happens.

does having a coat hanger in a glass case that says "in case of emergency break glass" work for being ready :D? i really need to snap a pic of that

Condoms? STDs? These are pre-teens, where are the chapters on "Avoiding priests" and "How to refuse a drink from Roman Polanski"?

No one is claiming condoms are perfect. They're just the most practical solution for the forseeable future.

Yes, abstinence obviously is safer than a condom is, but teens abstaining from pre-marital sex is a laughable idea at best. It's not so much that we think condoms are the holy grail, we just aren't sticking our heads in the sand.

we just aren't sticking our heads in the sand.

Is that right? Then why are people so for condoms as 'protection' and call such things as teaching kids what happens 'scaring them'?

Because no matter how 'scary' things are, you eventually have to take responsibility for them.

And btw, I'm for abstinence first, but If condoms are taught, people should be taught how poor single moms live, they should be taught what happens to people who get diseases, and graphs should be shown showing that condoms are not perfectly safe and could still give you diseases.

And btw, I'm for abstinence first, but If condoms are taught, people should be taught how poor single moms live, they should be taught what happens to people who get diseases, and graphs should be shown showing that condoms are not perfectly safe and could still give you diseases.

What kind of sex ed program did you go through? Of course those things are taught. I'm still scarred for life from them showing us pretty graphic ghonorrhea pictures, lol.

When I went through sex ed, they taught abstinence. But because it wasn't abstinence ONLY, we also went through birth control and use of condoms and everything else. This was in public school in Washington state. I don't know how it is elsewhere.

I remember a discussion from my 8th grade sex ed class. Our teacher told us that abstinence was the only 100% sure way of not getting pregnant, and he pretty much spelled out to us that that's what everyone should be doing. We must have spent like a whole week talking about abstinence. But you still go through everything else because, while that is what everyone should be doing, it isn't what everyone will be doing.

What kind of sex ed program did you go through? Of course those things are taught. I'm still scarred for life from them showing us pretty graphic ghonorrhea pictures, lol.

When I went through sex ed, they taught abstinence. But because it wasn't abstinence ONLY, we also went through birth control and use of condoms and everything else. This was in public school in Washington state. I don't know how it is elsewhere.

I remember a discussion from my 8th grade sex ed class. Our teacher told us that abstinence was the only 100% sure way of not getting pregnant, and he pretty much spelled out to us that that's what everyone should be doing. We must have spent like a whole week talking about abstinence. But you still go through everything else because, while that is what everyone should be doing, it isn't what everyone will be doing.

I realize this, just showing that I believe in what is pretty much taught, for all the people who think I'm crazy.

Abstinence and religion don't go hand in hand so this has nothing to do with religious programming. Other than that I agree that preteens and teens should be taught about protection.

Not quite sure about that.

- The Philippines

- For years, as long as i can remember, officials have been trying to make Sex Ed a part of the school curriculum. The Catholic church blocked them at every turn.

- Condoms and Birth control are considered taboo. Government programs for public awareness and govenment subsidized birth control supplies are shot down. The church has been trying to pass a law that makes them illegal as a matter of fact.

- Everything related to birth control or sex education is considered heretic under the eyes of god. Abstinence is the only accepted birth control.

- Result? Squatters that live in the rails or under bridges have 8+ kids per family (upper class has 2-3) before they're even thirty. The government is starting to panic but can't do anything about it because of the church.

Ummm

I volunteer to pose naked and we just put a hat on the girls heads with a arm that has my picture in front of their face when they think about sex.

If that doesn't make them immune to it, hell I dunno what will. My own hand rejects me 4/7 nights at least :p

You see though, when you go about talking to teens about using 'protection', you should let them know that all it is 'help'. You can't tell people to put their trust in the condom like it's their God.

It is kind of a double edged sword, If you tell people, especially young people, about the high failure rate of condoms, they will just not bother using them at all rather than practicing abstinence. People, especially young ones, are dumb like that. I know that it can undermine abstinence education, but protecting themselves as best as they can should they choose to have sex must be taught as well.

I think the real way is a two prong approach.

1) Shock Tactics. Videos and Images of the effects of STDs
2) A week simulating bringing up a baby. Changing nappies, no life, no sleep. Show vids of C section births, breaches, etc.

Ahh fuck it. Herp for everyone. Trade it like pokemon.

17% of the population in the US already has Herpes sv2, and only About 3% of them know it. :(
Luckily, it will not kill you. :)

People aren't going to stop stealing. Might as well let them do it.
People aren't going to stop hating. Might as well not teach them anything about tolerance.
There are always going to be racists. Might as well not bother fighting it.
Some people will always be stupid. Might as well do away with trying to teach them.

Many things can't eradicated, but they can be minimized.

As far as I'm concerned, it really doesn't matter, the whole teen sex thing has been going on since time began (my grandfather told me it happened quite often even in the 40's and 50's).

As far as I'm concerned if these stupid bastards want to get some chick pregnant, drop out of HS and keep providing the fast food joints and Jiffy Lubes with employees, than far be it for me to dispute that.

I've just made it very clear to my kids that if they want to go and chlorinate their own gene pool by fucking anything they can get in a horizontal position, and contract something, then its their business and their sexual organ, but in the case of my boys, I can take that off too if required (and I still have two swords put away in the closet). As far as my daughter, fear is a good tool to use upon her guy friends, and she won't be alone with one until she is over 16 anyway, but she knows that if she winds up pregnant, I am going to go back to treating her as little more than a toddler, and "daddy" will not be allowed any-fucking-where near my daughter and his kid until he has a real job, a real home, and a reliable vehicle.

As long as they have training for them to say yes once they come of age =P It's hard enough to get laid as it is lol. Nothing against this though. There should be no sexy time for pre-teens.

And with idiots thinking that abstience=sex is bad, instead of it being about protecting your body, it's no wonder 25% of teens have an std...

Noone is sayoing that abstinence is bad, only that abstinence only education is completely ineffective.

Teenagers are notoriously rebellious and do stuff they are not supposed to anyway, even before you add in the extreme hormonal sex drives during puberty.

Essentially, as much as we may not like it, teenagers are going to ahve sex either way, so it's better to teach them about how to protect themselves, than to to teach them abstinence which they are not going to obide by anyway.

Yeah. For some people, abstinence is bad because they want to get laid. But when they grow up to have their own daughters, then abstinence isn't quite so bad anymore. I know I can't control everything my daughters decide, but I most certainly will be teaching them about the abstinence.

Back