Half-Life2 Muliplay:Great or Reheated Gameplay?

davidj

Gawd
PC Gamer August 2004 edition has an article about E3 that quotes the following. "Wiith one more show with which to shock the world, Valve came through in spades- announcing that with Half-Life 2 it would be making Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic and the origianl Half-Life available in the new Source engine".

So we will get TFC, CS & HL1 single player bundled with HL2.

Are you looking forward to playing any of the above on the new HL2/Havocs engine?

Do you fell that CS is sooo dead that not even a new engine can revive it?

IMHO:
1)Valve knows that they will sell a Massive number of copies world wide without ANY multiplayer content. So they would clean up selling HL 2 alone.

2) Part of me feels like Valve is uber milking these games. But these are business decisions.

3) HL1 SP should be a blast with the use of Havocs physics.

4) I wish the darn game was here already so I could test it out :D

As long as I could skip the HL1 intro, I'm all for it.

CS is not dead at all especially since Condition Zero was released... I have actually gotten back into the game because of Condition Zero and I have playn CS:Source and let me tell you this, the game is going to be huge when it comes out with HL2! Go to www.halflife2.net and read the forums a couple pages back if you don't believe that I played it. I even got a screen shot of it. The thread is about 800 posts long and I answer lots of questios about CS:Source in it.

-warsaw

I'm extremely excited about this. I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoyed CS while I played it, and that I'll happily play it again with the new engine. More than that though, I'm giddy about the chance to play through the original game again with updated visuals.

PS.
Do you fell that CS is sooo dead that not even a new engine can revive it?
Why try to turn this into a rant about CounterStrike? That topic is very played out.

Is there any new multiplayer content? I'd rather not get blasted by a punch of counterstrike players who have been playing for 5 or so years.

Here is a scan of that article.

HL2.jpg

http://www.csbanana.com/csb_faqs.banana?showfaq=5

according to that cs:source isn't going to be bundled with hl2. hl2 will have it's own multiplayer.

*edit* i really wish people would stop saying cs is dead. there are still more cs players in the world than any other multiplayer game. people are making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year at cs tournaments. even subway sponsors cs teams.

I'd play HL1 with the new engine, that sounds like a good idea.

I don't do multiplayer, so I could care less about CS or TFC.

TFC on source would own, I would love it a lot more than tf2. BTW cs is not dead, it has 10x as many players as tfc, which has 5x as many players as tf, and tf isn't dead :p . Really, long after the average gamer moves on to new games, there will be hardcore players still playing matches in leagues.

I'm looking forward to all of them..and more.... HL2 is supposed to be very easy to make mods for... so expect a lot of cool mods a long with a lot of the good ones that work with HL1.

I can't wait to play newier versions of...

Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat
Natural Selection
Death Match Classic
TeamFortress Classic
Snark Wars
... Just to mention a few :)

Wow I had totally forgatten about Natural selection and Day of Defeat.I am remeinded of alot of fond good ole days gaming.

Sven Coop anyone???

Sven Coop will be just another great reason for this anticipated release. Coop on the HL2 engine will be a blast.

This is getting better and better. Release the game already, please. :)

It would suck if the version of CS for HL2 is just the orginal CS with the new fancy graphics. But if it was a whole new CS, it would be great. Otherwise it will bey the easy way out. They need to revamp the whole CS game, and make it all new with all new maps and weapons etc. Same thing goes for TF.

pistola said:
It would suck if the version of CS for HL2 is just the orginal CS with the new fancy graphics. But if it was a whole new CS, it would be great. Otherwise it will bey the easy way out. They need to revamp the whole CS game, and make it all new with all new maps and weapons etc. Same thing goes for TF.

if by "they" you mean valve then i hope they never touch cs other than the engine transfer. no one but gooseman and his team should be making a sequel to cs. for cliffe to continue to butcher the game wouldn't do justice to cs.

i remember playing counter-strike way back when and I just got back into it a few months ago.... now that it will be on the hl2 engine, this only fuels the desire to play counter-strike...

who knows, maybe it will even be the longest played most popular game of all times? :) Its deffinately earned its points for the most popular...

Baker said:
I'm looking forward to all of them..and more.... HL2 is supposed to be very easy to make mods for... so expect a lot of cool mods a long with a lot of the good ones that work with HL1.

I can't wait to play newier versions of...

Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat
Natural Selection
Death Match Classic
TeamFortress Classic
Snark Wars
... Just to mention a few :)

pfft those mods cant hold a candle to runaway train!

oh wait im the only fan of that mod. well maybe they will port it to source

this has to be the most poorly thread made without researching anything before hand...

Non of those games are dead, and as soon as WON dies off this summer and everyone finally makes it to STEAM thing shall be on a more lively note than recent months, but the games are far from dead.

Only the topic starter asked if anyone though it was dead. I know it's not and thats my fear... that I'll be playing people that could walk through the map with their eyes closed. I just hope something is popular that is new content.

The main purpose for this thread is to inform gamers about the "NEW" CS among others. I feel the more that know about the upgrade, the more popularity these great games/mods will have.

Some where never CS junkies but may try it again with the new look and feel(like me).

Some did drop CS , yet many are holding down the fort.

Yes there is a smaller group that will tell you CS is dead and that is their opinion like it or not.

I have been away from CS for a long while. I'm glad that some hung in there and kept it alive for the rest of us.

So yes I have learned that CS is still alive IMO. But dead in the opinion of some others.

I'm suprised that it's lasted as long as it has. I don't think any other multiplayer FPS has come close in popularity or longevity. CS Source should definitely extend that lifetime.

Back