Half-life source

Steel Chicken

Supreme [H]ardness
I just played Half-life source all the way through recently (finnaly), the game has aged pretty well. It also seemed like they added some additional content...a few scenes/levels I dont remember. Most of the textures are original, but they did add some soundtrack stuff too.

Not as dated as you would think!

Are you sure about the extra content? I thought it was just a straight port with the additional features the engine itself offered (ie: ragdoll physics, better looking water, ect)

If that's the case, I might want to actually replay it again...

I've played through HL:S and there are no additional scenes... But it's still worth playing through, because Half-Life... is awesome.

It be could im just old and forgotten alot of it. I could have sworn there was stuff in there I dont remember. But its still an awesome game.

Isn't the upcoming mod Black Mesa the HL1 campaign but redone completely in source, so it plays like HL2 and not just a port...I could be wrong....

Blakestr said:
Isn't the upcoming mod Black Mesa the HL1 campaign but redone completely in source, so it plays like HL2 and not just a port...I could be wrong....

Supposed to be.

Actually, I'm playing throught he original HL and for it being a 8 year old game it has aged well. It still looks damn good. I'm at the end of the game now, next up, Opposing Force. Then Blue Shift and then HL2.

Back