Half Life and Portal Writer is Back at Valve

I don't care if they change any gameplay, I would be happy to spend money on a new batch of high quality campaigns for Left 4 Dead. Although there are a few excellent independently made campaigns out there, most are throwaways. Package the new maps up and call it L4D3 and I'll be very happy, and Valve will have even more cash in their pocket.

Half Life 3 Silver.jpg

A writer can have some focus on game design but its not the tell all that the game will be good because of the writing. There are nicely written games that just have bad game mechanics and no amount of good writing will fix bad design.

Why does Valve even bother making games?
They take 30% of every sale. Look how many AAA games are on Steam. Thousands of them. And that doesn't include all the indie and other games.
Just Playerunknown Battlegrounds sold 36+mil copies. That averages on about €360mil in Valve pocket from only that game (best case scenario as this is calculated with full Battlegrounds price of €30, it's probably more like €250mil, but still).
This is also just one game. ONE GAME. And not even sold at AAA price.
Man, creating Steam was a dream come true. Generating income by itself. You just hire some support and fuck getting UI designers :rolleyes:

An old friend of mine that use to be an Army Ranger ( 13 missions on his coin when he broke his back after having to cut his static line at about 60 feet off the ground at about sixty miles an hour while taking fire in a pine forrest ( hey mike , remember at the tourney in Stockton when I tried to pay for taco bell with your mission coin that I won from you ? hehe) ) would constantly tell me; " I don't play video games, video games are for you egg heads " .

SO, one Saturday afternoon I dragged my rig to his house to challenge him to experience Half-Life. It cost me two bottles of Jack Daniels finest to sweeten the deal but he took the challenge.

About 12 hours later ( roughly 2 a.m. ), he had barely touched his (2nd) glass , but his wife and I were gravity challenged ( courtesy Jack ), she stumbled down the hallway past the guest room ( where the rig was set up ) and leaned in to tell mike she was drunk and horny and he should come to bed.

My buddy didn't seem to notice , or if he did he did not respond, he was in the Half-Life zone.

I kind of flowed in a few seconds ( minutes? ) later and asked if I could crash on the couch ( too drunk to drive ) . Mike said ( without interrupting his game play) , " dude , turn left go to the end of the hall , that's the bedroom . She likes long haired guys; stand in for me , it will fill one of her fantasy's and she will probably not remember enough to be guilty about it , just remember to crash on the couch ,

I, after waking up on the couch at about Five AM found mike was still playing; I asked ( the obvious ) 'you still playing' , he said, "I finished and started a new game"

I ; " so video games still just for Egg Heads ? "
M; " Dude, this is the only experience I have ever encountered that even comes remotely close to what it feels like to work on a special op: I want to play more games like this ..."

I; " Sorry my friend this game is currently one of a kind, there aren't any more like this one "

... the power of half-life
-----------------
Based on the dulce secret base story , and fashioned with a lot of creative ( unhindered by narrative control ) inputs, HL tapped into a myriad of primal elements in human nature at a number of different levels. Thus bonding it as a fundament to human culture in the same space/ class as star wars.
One can understand Valves reticence to a HL Renascence . BUt , then again, HL3 will earn a billion even if it's a smoking pile of crap . We can only hope Valve understands interaction better than Disney

Half life 3 steambox exclusive for some extra pocket money for valve.

It will be Artifact: The Half-Life edition, and The Portal Edition.
That is all guys.

I would love a new Half Life 3, but something tells me they would butcher the game with trading cards, loot boxes, ect.

I would love a new Half Life 3, but something tells me they would butcher the game with trading cards, loot boxes, ect.

I would rather see a Portal 3, those first two games were a blast. I finished them both but never finished any of the Half Life 2 games or Episodes.

would love portal 3 or l4d 3 more than halflife 3 but that just due to my current personali situation of waitng to paly with wife and dau

wouldstill love a halflice 3 ort hallflife episode 3 or anything to fininsh the story line

VR HL3, Portal 3, L4D3 coming right up

Epic is snagging Unreal engine games to be exclusive to their store and have the most popular game on twitch presently. I wonder if Valve is feeling some pressure to release a killer app on their platform. :) One can hope.
Actually this is a good reason to stop using Steam and use other services... light a fire under Valve's lazy/complacent ass? Maybe the folks at Epic are doing this because they too want HL3

Why does Valve even bother making games?
They take 30% of every sale. Look how many AAA games are on Steam. Thousands of them. And that doesn't include all the indie and other games.
Just Playerunknown Battlegrounds sold 36+mil copies. That averages on about €360mil in Valve pocket from only that game (best case scenario as this is calculated with full Battlegrounds price of €30, it's probably more like €250mil, but still).
This is also just one game. ONE GAME. And not even sold at AAA price.
Man, creating Steam was a dream come true. Generating income by itself. You just hire some support and fuck getting UI designers :rolleyes:

These are facts. Making a ton of gross profit with the least amount of development cost. But they know that Discord and everyone else will be coming for them now. HL3 and Portal 3 will make Valve great again. As far as the profit sharing with developers....most of them aren't releasing finished products anyways so should I really care? Valve has historically delivered when it came to Half Life and Portal. Even the episodic Half Life content was great for the cost.

These are facts. Making a ton of gross profit with the least amount of development cost. But they know that Discord and everyone else will be coming for them now. HL3 and Portal 3 will make Valve great again. As far as the profit sharing with developers....most of them aren't releasing finished products anyways so should I really care? Valve has historically delivered when it came to Half Life and Portal. Even the episodic Half Life content was great for the cost.

HL episodes and Portal was long time ago.
What do we get now?
Atlas, another card game in the sea in other card games, and this one costs money. And has Mixed reviews.
Imo, Atlas should have been a free, Steam exclusive game given to its users for their dedication to Steam.
If you ask me, Valve has lost touch with the gaming community.

Back