Half-Life 3?

This is news? It looks more like news regarding random speculation from unofficial sources, how is this even useful or relevant?

Valve has a couple announcements coming this year. I have no idea if HL3 is one of them, but you can expect to hear more from them soon.

Even if Valve were prepping an announcement for HL3, my guess would be not to expect anything of substance until E3. Also, I doubt the game would release this year. They would have had to keep incredibly tight lipped to be far enough along to release this year without a shred of information being leaked. Even if they do announce soon, I would expect a summer or fall 2013 release.

Hopefully I'm wrong :D

This was debunked a few days ago. All coincidence. The person who wrote that article must of not read the comments to that reddit thread.

Call me when or rather *if* there is a download page ever.

Valve has a couple announcements coming this year. I have no idea if HL3 is one of them, but you can expect to hear more from them soon.

What was he said 3 announcements? So 3 games most likely just don't know what. Dota 2 and CSGO coming out this year right? I doubt HL3 though. Everything Ive heard from Gabe interviews is they just literally just don't feel like doing it right now. I've moved on if they do it they do it.

Frankly, HL is unfinished/canceled, God canceled not just Dead Like Me, but also Pushing Daises and Reaper. I wish theyd quit dicking us around and bring on the apocalypse already.

I suspect it is more like why TF2 took so long in that they have not gotten a clear vision of what they want Half-Life 2 to be yet and enough of the game done to have an idea when it would be released.

They should have revamp CS:GO first before move on to HL3...

Everyone I talked to that plays CS:GO all said it feels like TF2/L4D with CS elements...
Not just graphical wise, the gameplay too....

I love how Valve can't even sneeze with out some one shouting, "HL3!"

3rd'ed

All caps, lack of a descriptive title and speculative original topic. Nuke this sucker :)

I love how Valve can't even sneeze with out some one shouting, "HL3!"

maybe that should tell them something about what their fans want. I don't care if we have to wait 5 more years, just tell us it exists and is in development, show us a mind blowing tech demo and then go home. No release date needed, no expectations of it coming out soon, just show us something.

Ugh more HL3 threads please :rolleyes:

Can't wait for Valve to announce this so we don't have random unofficial gossip creating new threads every day.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck?

Half-Life 2 was a bug-plagued disaster of a game when it came out. Everything from the ever-hated steam (Which was hated for the first 4 years of its existence) to stuttering sound bugs, to the crappy ending.

It wasn't anything near as spectacular as Half-Life 1.

When it was announced physics were cool and new, but by the time it came out games like Doom, Painkiller, and Far-Cry overshot it's technical capabilities.

I'm glad there isn't an Episode 3 or Half-Life 3, and I hope that there isn't one until the new generation of technological capabilities are ushered in and everyone's IGP has netaive tesselation.

So in 3-5 years.

We're getting trolled pretty hard with this shit. Something's coming.

I can see Gabe Newell getting all lathered-up in his office reading all the internet hype. Damn Krogan lookin' mofo.

Last edited:
Now the real question is, what will come out first: Black Mesa Source or Half Life 3?

maybe that should tell them something about what their fans want. I don't care if we have to wait 5 more years, just tell us it exists and is in development, show us a mind blowing tech demo and then go home. No release date needed, no expectations of it coming out soon, just show us something.

No, if they show us something then fans would just bitch and moan for them to "RELEASE IT ALRDY OMG ITS GANA BE OUTDATED FUUU" it's better if they just stay silent then one day "btw HL3 is out, gimme all ur monies".

Now the real question is, what will come out first: Black Mesa Source or Half Life 3?

My money is on BMS. The just opened up an official facebook account a month or two ago, and they have been actively updating it. They have also updated twitter more in the past two months than probably the last 2 years. I can't imagine they would pop up out of nowhere if something wasn't brewing...

My money is on BMS. The just opened up an official facebook account a month or two ago, and they have been actively updating it. They have also updated twitter more in the past two months than probably the last 2 years. I can't imagine they would pop up out of nowhere if something wasn't brewing...

BMS is dead, it has been for over 2 years. Most of the team moved on to other projects so don't expect anything polished if something were released.

No, if they show us something then fans would just bitch and moan for them to "RELEASE IT ALRDY OMG ITS GANA BE OUTDATED FUUU"

you mean exactly like they're doing right now at the even slightest hint of it? "OMG HL2 and HL1 equals HL3, ITS COMING!!11!!"

I don't know why I always click on any tread that has the words Half Life 3 on them...

Half Life fans know they are going to make a Half-Life 3 eventually. If you aren't concerned with a release date, and you know that they will make it eventually, why not shut-up about it already?

I heard black mesa was cancelled.
Leave it up to valve to remake the original HL I guess :confused:

Black Mesa should do a kickstarter deal.

They'd probably get a ton of cash and could finally finish the thing.......I sign up for $50 in a heartbeat.:D

Back