Half life 3 Underway Coming soon

Never give up hope! I thought for sure Shenmue 3 would never happen. 14 years later, it's supposed to be delayed this year... i mean released this year.

While I agree, the circumstances around Shenmue's resurrection is very different. Shenmue 3 was at least crowd-funded... It would be amazing if somebody bought the Half Life IP from Valve and decided to crowd-fund Half Life 3. I guaran-fucking-tee it would raise more money than Star Citizen.

While I agree, the circumstances around Shenmue's resurrection is very different. Shenmue 3 was at least crowd-funded... It would be amazing if somebody bought the Half Life IP from Valve and decided to crowd-fund Half Life 3. I guaran-fucking-tee it would raise more money than Star Citizen.

I can't friggin' wait for Shenmue 3. Totally pre-ordering it blindly, just because.

I wonder what they'd want for the IP...

I can't friggin' wait for Shenmue 3. Totally pre-ordering it blindly, just because.

I wonder what they'd want for the IP...

You know, after this many years it feels as though Half Life is to Valve as what Silent Hill is to Konami. They have their hands on a incredible IP that people fucking salivate after, but decide to do nothing with it and won't sell it.

Not sure how much the IP would go for but I am thinking in the 9 digits.

You know, after this many years it feels as though Half Life is to Valve as what Silent Hill is to Konami. They have their hands on a incredible IP that people fucking salivate after, but decide to do nothing with it and won't sell it.

Not sure how much the IP would go for but I am thinking in the 9 digits.
Its better off dead then made by another company. Would you really want someone like EA or Activison getting their hands on the Half Life IP? Valve made games have a certain 'character' to them and that would be ruined if another company tried to make HL. I used to get antsy every year about new HL3 info, but now i dont even care anymore. Valve makes way too much money with steam and CS:GO skins that they dont even care about games anymore and are going after new innovations like SteamOS and the Vive. Valve used to be one of my favorite game developers as they never let me down, but now they are just another huge corp that let the money make the decisions, same with Bethesda. We will never get an elder scrolls like Morrowind again as they now make all their new RPG's for the masses and very casual. I hope to god we dont have our character speak in the next TES.

/rant

3 out of the Big 4 writers have left Valve over the past few years...HL3 is dead...Eric Wolpaw, Marc Laidlaw and Chet Faliszek all left Valve...only Jay Pinkerton is left...Valve is solely a distribution platform now

Reading this thread and realizing 2005 was 12 years ago...

4898037.jpg

Resident evil 4
Call of duty 2
Fear
Jade empire
2005 games pretty bad year for launches.

Without Valve? Doubt it. Some indie dev making Half Life 3 doesn't interest me.

For the love of god even Twin Peaks is coming back. I never thought I'd see Twin Peaks Season 3 and Donald Trump as President of the United States before finding out what the hell is going on at the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

It isn't even Half 3 that is is the problem, it is the lack of Episode 3. I mean finish the god damn story.

And where is the follow up to Team Fortress for that matter. I mean make some games, gaben.

Resident evil 4
Call of duty 2
Fear
Jade empire

Only in your opinion it does. Try to remember that the world doesn't revolve around you and people all have different tastes in games. It's not only about what you like.

Resident evil 4
Call of duty 2
Fear
Jade empire
call of duty 2 launched the call of duty series. Every successive game was a derivitive of that engine+gameplay. Fear is still one of the scariest games today.

I owned 3 of those games they were ok but I never would go back to them again. Call of Duty 2 was bascially the 360 console selling game they had demos in all the stores.

Games I really liked came out either before 2005 or slightly after....

2001 Dark Age of Camelot

2008 Warhammer Online

2004 Everquest 2

fightingfi I'm sending you a copy now, check your pm

Only in your opinion it does. Try to remember that the world doesn't revolve around you and people all have different tastes in games. It's not only about what you like.

I'm not sure what that meant to be honest. Resident Evil 4 is lauded as one of the best ones in the series. CoD2 was a huge step forward for the series (and multiplayer shooters in that specific style).

I didn't realize that guy died, thanks for spoiling it :(

Gaben, Louis Gosset Jr. and Kurn from Star Trek are waiting to voice more vortiguants. USE THEM, GABEN.

Holy shit, talk about beating a dead horse with all the HL3 or EP3 discussion. Just let it go.

Gaben and Co. don't seem the type to sell off unused IP's. Valve makes plenty money so its no incentive or motive for them to come out with a game anytime soon or even in the afterlife after Gaben is dead.

Back