Half life 3 Underway Coming soon

Steam works perfect over here. I had one problem, but it turned out it was on my end. Im sure most [H]ard members, problem shoot themselves, before blamming the product, well at least I hope they do.

And contray to what most tinfoil hat wearing users say, Valve is not a Nazi terror cell and steam is not the anti-christ, sent to destory you and your entire family.

Yeah Steam works fine for me, I've installed it multiple times on the comp in my sig. I've also installed it on my parents machine for when I visit them, and a comp at work. No trouble so far what so ever.

XamediX said:
wow, i read all of this and wow..... you people are.. wow.... wickedangel, why do you come back to this thread if all u gotten was negative feedback from people. why come back? And Kyle's disciplinary actions kinda confused me also. oh yea;... I NEVER had a problem with steam i couldnt fix within hours. i went through 3 different brands of motherboards, nv ->ati ->nv gpu's. I like steam, i actually like steam.

"never argue with a fool, because from far away it difficult to see who is who." - Jay Z

Why come back? I'm not going to leave because I'm not wrong. It's as simple as that.

Do we really have to cover the "I don't have problems with Steam so it must work for everyone" line of thinking? Hasn't it been covered enough? Yet another person insenuating a lack of intelligence with a paragraph full of bad grammar and punctuation.

Despite your silly sarcasm bonkrowave, I never said Steam was "evil". It's a good idea that doesn't always work. That's fine on paper, but you shouldn't make a wide-scale release of necessary software unless it works for everyone. Microsoft learned this with their XP authentification. They fixed their problems. Steam still has 42 pages of troubleshooting issues, most of which should and could have been implemented into the software automatically already.

phoderpants said:
it's not nice to call people idiots when they're trying to help you. it won't get you very far, as you can see from this thread. i don't understand where your overreaction came from.

ryanmule wasn't helping. He said the problem was user error (Which is an insult). Below.

ryanmule said:
maybe its just you. steam works fine for most people.

The Xbox comment was just as well, considering he has flamed every single Xbox thread to date (He prefers Nintendo).

WickedAngel said:
Despite your silly sarcasm bonkrowave, I never said Steam was "evil". It's a good idea that doesn't always work. That's fine on paper, but you shouldn't make a wide-scale release of necessary software unless it works for everyone. Microsoft learned this with their XP authentification. They fixed their problems. Steam still has 42 pages of troubleshooting issues, most of which should and could have been implemented into the software automatically already.

Wow get off your high horse, not everything is about you. The post was not even aimed at you. Like you I was posting my history with steam, and then adding a little humor to the already over blown situation.

I would think that common sense since no where did you say steam was a nazi terrorist cell. It was aimed at the webpage where they copied steams layout and then added nazi symbols, jackboots etc...

:rolleyes:

wicked, well the only person that can tell you you're wrong is you and you just did. if these people were wrong than you should have no problem not posting anymore. you know you're right... right? so leave those idiots to their own devices in this thread and find one more supportive of your goal. that was what i meant when i asked, why come back. not that i think you're wrong but you dont seem to be fulfilling anything here.

WickedAngel said:
Why come back? I'm not going to leave because I'm not wrong. It's as simple as that.

Do we really have to cover the "I don't have problems with Steam so it must work for everyone" line of thinking? Hasn't it been covered enough? Yet another person insenuating a lack of intelligence with a paragraph full of bad grammar and punctuation.

ryanmule wasn't helping. He said the problem was user error (Which is an insult). Below.

The Xbox comment was just as well, considering he has flamed every single Xbox thread to date (He prefers Nintendo).

"maybe it's just you, steam works fine for most people" sounds like a suggestion rather than an insult. he was saying that maybe you were not considering that it was on your end AND this was before you went into everything about trying on different computers and such.

who cares if he prefers nintendo? that's the comment that started it all. if you hadn't said that, this whole thread would have been limited to like two pages...and maybe you would have gotten some help.

and out of 42 pages, how many questions are the same thing and just written out in a different way? and how many are easy fixes or client side problems with routers or operating systems, or people not even meeting the minimum req. and still asking "Why don't it work??!!!"

about 40 pages

the only serious problems steam has is "the memory could not be read" and "steam.exe failed to open" something or other, and sometimes people connect to a bad content server and it will tell them "the steam network is too busy to handle your request"

other than that, all the fixes are out there, steam forums & google :)

(i also have had 0 problems with steam & all of its games)

it will never come out...so much for my decade 12 years thread..... 4-30-17 and now i officially lost hope...

i know how half-life 3 will go.

game opens with gordon standing in a hardware store holding a crowbar suddenly he is shaken out of his daydream.

Gordon: "man, that was weird."

credits.

:D

NecroThread.jpg

Holy shit, the sad thing is that I remember this thread from 2005

Usually the rise of another Half life game, imo, brings about a new engine / new technology and all that jazz. We'll probably see Hl2: aftermath, then a Opposing Force variant, then Blue Shift variant. after those there will probably be Team Fortress 2. Only after those they can make HL3.

HL3 Will probably have god like graphics whenever it comes out, 2013 :p
u

Lol

At least Black Mesa (including Zen) will be completed "this summer"....

Which means 4th quarter 2020 heh

I'm honestly amazed that this thread was still archived on the servers! You'd think at some point they would just delete old crap.

Damn, I had to look.....

Sadly, it's never going to happen...............but we can still hold out hope I guess.

Why are necros so frowned upon? I'd rather have one large "HL3 is coming OMGZ" thread than a new one every time a gaben fart is reported

There is no difference. It'll be interesting to see how many more pages this thread gets from this.

Why are necros so frowned upon? I'd rather have one large "HL3 is coming OMGZ" thread than a new one every time a gaben fart is reported

It doesn't bother me if the new info is relevant and interesting.

its Prolly being bundled with amd gpu\cpu i bet since they did that with hl2 and aka ATI :)

If Gaben farts in the office and nobody is around to hear it....does it make a sound?

If Gaben farts in the office and nobody is around to hear it....does it make a sound?

Yes! It sounds like the whisper of a dying elf saying "Half-Life 3 confirmed."

But because no one is around to hear it, it cannot be confirmed, and we won't get HL3 until then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never give up hope! I thought for sure Shenmue 3 would never happen. 14 years later, it's supposed to be delayed this year... i mean released this year.

Back