Half Life 3 ladies and Germs

fightingfi

2[H]4U
Pc Gamer Page 18 Number 193 Nov 2009 Issue States that Valve is working on HL3 and it will be released in sometime of 2010...fyi :D

Wow, 2010? Isn't that kinda optimistic? heh

I guess an entire 3 would be better than another episode but I would really like it to wrap up so we can save Earth and they can sell movie rights.

If they say 2010, we all know god damn well it means 2011. EP3 in 2010 maybe. MAYBE, but no way they'll release HL3.

How is HL3 coming out in 2010 when Episode 3 doesn't even have a trailer yet? I highly doubt they are building a new engine for it.

For correction and clarification, I'm looking right at the blurb and it states "Half Life 2: Episode 3" coming.

It seems to take Valve as long to release the Half-Life 2 Episodes as it takes most companies to create a full game. The HL2 Episodes are entirely too short given the time we have to wait for them.

It seems to take Valve as long to release the Half-Life 2 Episodes as it takes most companies to create a full game. The HL2 Episodes are entirely too short given the time we have to wait for them.

Valve have (and had) more on their plate than just Half Life 2 Episode 3 to work on. Slow and steady wins the race.

Besides, the Half-Life games are worth the wait. I'd rather wait a long time for an excellent game than play a rehashed version of a title every year (*cough* COD series, NFS series, Madden *cough*).

Yes, that means you EA.

at least they gave us portal, tf2, left for dead in the interim between episodes, lol

I honestly don't care anymore when these games get released. None of the games have answered anything about the story and they just end with more question than answers. Or if the questions get answered, the amount of questions are doubled. They need to really just tell us whats going on and why and then focus on gameplay which Half Life 2 was great about.

Episode 3 isn't even out and you think they're going to announce HALF-LIFE 3?

Seriously, think before you post.

I hope its as good as episode 2 was... well other than adding a new character and having all the NPC's act like they were there all along.

I honestly don't care anymore when these games get released. None of the games have answered anything about the story and they just end with more question than answers. Or if the questions get answered, the amount of questions are doubled. They need to really just tell us whats going on and why and then focus on gameplay which Half Life 2 was great about.

Ever read a decent book? Good plots take time.

Episode 3 isn't even out and you think they're going to announce HALF-LIFE 3?

Seriously, think before you post.

There was a rumor floating around that HL2:E3 was actually HL3 ...

at least they gave us portal, tf2, left for dead in the interim between episodes, lol

Left 4 Dead AND a sequel. That shows how well this "episodic" content thing is working out for them. Seriously Half Life is their best property and they are just pissing it away. So few people even care anymore.

Left 4 Dead AND a sequel. That shows how well this "episodic" content thing is working out for them. Seriously Half Life is their best property and they are just pissing it away. So few people even care anymore.

I highly doubt that ... just the mention of a new installment in the Half Life series will send veteran PC gamers into a frenzy ... the hype surrounding HL2 was enormous, and The Orange Box was even bigger ...

There was a rumor floating around that HL2:E3 was actually HL3 ...

It would be cool if they were working on HL3 the whole time while using the episodes to:

1.Give us something to hold us over.
2.Give them time to create a new engine
3.keep people and release dates off of there backs.

Regardless though I have a hard time believing 5 years have passed and they were only able to get two short episodes out the door with the same engine,I'm not saying Crysis is better because it isn't but it only took like a year for Crysis warhead to come out after Crysis and Crysis 2 will be coming out next year on a new engine.(probably before Episode 3)

Valve kept pretty quiet on HL2 until fairly close (valve time) to its release.

I would be fine with them finishing HL2 up with eppy 3, then build the new engine and start with HL3 talking about the information eppy2 gave us at the end. Answering some questions would be good. I have a feeling eppy 3 will be more about the journey and some teasers to the Aperture science place.

I have always enjoyed the story and the way it is told in HL, but I would like a few more answers :D

They posted about TF2 (brotherhood in arms) a LONG time ago. Took like 6 or 8 years before TF2 came out and I am very happy with it. They keep busy and I cannot complain with the amount of game play I get from them.

So much for"episodic gaming"..Show of hands..who remembers how HL EP2 ended??(without googling;) )

I remember how HL2EP2 ended, but I don't want to spoil it....

I think Valve needs less Team Fortress/Left 4 Dead and more Half-Life...

so there's HL2, HL2 e1 and HL2 e2?
BRB paying for the same game 3 times.
Every single post of yours that I've seen has been a threadcrap. Please knock it off.
Valve kept pretty quiet on HL2 until fairly close (valve time) to its release.
Not really, there was a lot of info and plenty of screenshots around for several years before the game was released.

I'd rather wait a long time for an excellent game than play a rehashed version of a title every year (*cough* COD series, NFS series, Madden *cough*).

Yes, that means you EA.

Like Left 4 Dead?

Seriously, I'm expecting Left 4 Dead 3 in November 2010, using the same graphics engine from 2004.

they can milk it all the fuck they want if the quality is anything like the previous ones.

My point exactly.

They posted about TF2 (brotherhood in arms) a LONG time ago. Took like 6 or 8 years before TF2 came out and I am very happy with it. They keep busy and I cannot complain with the amount of game play I get from them.

Agree 100%. I have logged multiple hundreds of hours in TF2 and it rarely gets old. The fact that they're STILL adding new material, game modes, and maps to the game two years after its release is just incredible..

Like Left 4 Dead?

Seriously, I'm expecting Left 4 Dead 3 in November 2010, using the same graphics engine from 2004.

really? any pics? lol jk.

the gaming industry has become like the film industry. sequelitis galore ftl - not that a sequel in itself is a bad idea, but it is getting kind of ridiculous. but it has become a big business, so what can you expect, eh? and what happened to cheap expansion packs to enhance/ improve replayability of a game? that practice seems to have diminished greatly. i guess that just means more ridiculously priced dlc.

Episode game play and L4D2 are the biggest scams. If it wasnt for Steam Valve could bite my shiny metal ass.

I dont know why everyone complains about episodic gameplay. They always package it with other good titles. 2 quit bitching about L4D and its lack of DLC, i remember when games had expansion packs you had to pay for...Let them take there time for the DLC they're giving you for free. And 3, according to GAMEStm there incorperating l4d in l4d2 so as not to split the community, who knows maybe those us who bought the original will get a coupon(everyone loves coups) for something.

I dont know why everyone complains about episodic gameplay. They always package it with other good titles. 2 quit bitching about L4D and its lack of DLC, i remember when games had expansion packs you had to pay for...Let them take there time for the DLC they're giving you for free. And 3, according to GAMEStm there incorperating l4d in l4d2 so as not to split the community, who knows maybe those us who bought the original will get a coupon(everyone loves coups) for something.

i have no problem with free dlc, just that some aren't. and the dlc usually doesn't provide as much value as an expansion pack would, generally speaking. but if it's free, then no problem. another thing though is when sequels come out that are pretty much just glorified expansion packs, imo. but that may just be me.

I think valve overshoot their targets by about 8-10 months on average so I wouldn't expect it in 2010

Back