Half-Life 3 coming 2014?

The fact of the matter is in 2007 Eli Vance's brain was literally sucked out of his skull by an "advisor" and in 2013 I not only do not know what he died for, I don't even know if I'll ever know. This is a series utterly abandoned. If they do another Half Life it better be mind blowing.

this is the real reason theirs no HL3

Kecg5.jpg

gabe's on the womenator wagon again.

The fact of the matter is in 2007 Eli Vance's brain was literally sucked out of his skull by an "advisor" and in 2013 I not only do not know what he died for, I don't even know if I'll ever know. This is a series utterly abandoned. If they do another Half Life it better be mind blowing.

it was sucked out in the name of science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMWGXt979yg

I have a creepy feeling Gabe is watching this thread now.

this is the real reason theirs no HL3

Kecg5.jpg

gabe's on the womenator wagon again.

Fuck HL3. Go Gabe! Go! Try not to have a heart attack. No, Viagara does not taste like PEZ, and you should not be taking 10 at a time. Pace yourself man, pace yourself. The whole "walk down there and fuck them all" thing.

How did a post that links to an obviously fake (and several months old sourced) "story" manage to get 5 pages of replies?

I've always believed that the game would come out in October 2014...no way will it be single player only though...HL3 Deathmatch!

heh I don't know, HL2DM was made by 1 employee, Adrian Finol, in his spare time, they called CS the HL2 MP. So the way I see it, they will probably roll L4D in or something. Or maybe just give people trading cards to buy a loin cloth for dota 2.

Valve has done a decent job with a lot of their games but they have totally screwed over the deathmatch games. HL1 was just weird, released then never really touched to fix bizarre bugs no one cared about while leaving horrible bugs in the whole time. HL2 as I mentioned above, they totally abandoned it, then when Verizon made the FIOS tournament they patched in a half broken spectator and did some updates, then abandoned it again, only updating when they wanted to break it even further (orange box).

It is really a crying shame because I have played a lot of games and I can say after years of experience valve had the most amazing possibilities for game play in their games. But their total lack of even giving a sliver of a shit about them left them to die. A company as big as valve can afford to make a niche product (and honestly DM games were just way to hard for the masses of realistic shooter players to handle so they have to remain niche). Having a DM game based on the halflife universe would have been a great thing for valve to keep going at the very least as a way to tech demo their game. Its not like you show someone a game like CS and they say oh cool look at all those physics, but show people killing people with toilets, and they get it.

HLDM, gause + long jump. Unforgettable combo that to this day is untouched by any game that I have ever played.
HL2DM, Physic cannon + Orb + grenade, not as good as above but jeeze once again unbelievable possibilities for gameplay.
Throw in portal guns, and combine all 3 of those games into a multiplayer deathmatch, my god what an amazing game that could be.

Last edited:
I have given up hope for HL3, I am more excited for the prospect of a subcontracted studio rebooting the original Halflife and going all 'batman begins' making an even better saga.

KazeoHin said:
am more excited for the prospect of a subcontracted studio rebooting the original Halflife

Apparently you missed Black Mesa?

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

The lady on the right with the wedding ring really makes this picture amazing.

HLDM, gause + long jump. Unforgettable combo that to this day is untouched by any game that I have ever played.
HL2DM, Physic cannon + Orb + grenade, not as good as above but jeeze once again unbelievable possibilities for gameplay.
Throw in portal guns, and combine all 3 of those games into a multiplayer deathmatch, my god what an amazing game that could be.

I still think HLDM in all its variations was the most fun game I ever played.

Seriously tempted to run through the entire HL series after reading this. Miss those games.

the reason hl3 is coming out so slowly is because of different factors.

first consoles were not powerful enough to run the new half-life and valve want to release it for consoles because they realized that is where lot of money is at.

second is the game is most likely going to be double the size of half-life 3 in gameplay. Also the world should be even more open however doing a sandbox with a great story requires tons more work if there are not similar or lame missions.

third the game will be an achievement whore where it will have hundreds or more achievements.

Also valve might have thought of making the game into a pay to win type of game where it is free but you can buy weird weapons and stuff for real money.

At this point if they ever release it it would do better with no promotion/hype. It should be abruptly released, and better be amazing. After release it can be advertised.

first consoles were not powerful enough to run the new half-life and valve want to release it for consoles because they realized that is where lot of money is at.

Valves games on consoles bombed badly. Only CS:GO is the big player at the moment. PC still reigns when Valve is involved.

IMO, the Steambox and whatever performance it provides will likely dictate if we see a HL3 any time soon. If nothing else, it would make a lot of sense for HL3 to be a launch title.

Its not like you show someone a game like CS and they say oh cool look at all those physics, but show people killing people with toilets, and they get it.

I never was able to get the toilet achievement.

Valves games on consoles bombed badly. Only CS:GO is the big player at the moment. PC still reigns when Valve is involved.

they still earn extra profit by doing consoles. valve is a company afterall.

What? Wrong.
Left 4 Dead sold better on consoles.
Portal 2 sold better on PC. Orange box sold 1.5 million on console.

Valve sells on all platforms.

Can anyone tell me the possible requirements for HL3 ?? I've Intel Core i5 processor with Intel HD 3000 Graphics and 4 GB of RAM ?? will I be able to run it ?? :D *I know this is a stupid comment but still can anyone here help me???* :) P.S. - I can run Portal 2 on medium settings with 30+ fps :D

Can anyone tell me the possible requirements for HL3 ?? I've Intel Core i5 processor with Intel HD 3000 Graphics and 4 GB of RAM ?? will I be able to run it ?? :D *I know this is a stupid comment but still can anyone here help me???* :) P.S. - I can run Portal 2 on medium settings with 30+ fps :D

virtual simulator interface + gravity gun controller

lol why would you even care, HL3 is just a rumor it might release in 2014 or not, there is no reason to even think about the system requirements and performance.

When HL2 was suppose to release someone I know bought a 9800xt (I think) back then because valve said it was going to be optimized for AMD and then they delayed it. He actually sold me that card used by the time HL2 actually came out.

I think its pretty clear that hl3 isn't in production currently. There are interviews that set the mood that most of the teams at valve are simply not interested in making it. Source 2 is in the making as well as l4d2, it seems valve is heavily invested in community driven games instead of say hl3 where the amount of people playing it will dwindle in a couple of months after release.

I think its pretty clear that hl3 isn't in production currently. There are interviews that set the mood that most of the teams at valve are simply not interested in making it. Source 2 is in the making as well as l4d2, it seems valve is heavily invested in community driven games instead of say hl3 where the amount of people playing it will dwindle in a couple of months after release.

I think this is not clear, at all.

lol why would you even care, HL3 is just a rumor it might release in 2014 or not, there is no reason to even think about the system requirements and performance.

When HL2 was suppose to release someone I know bought a 9800xt (I think) back then because valve said it was going to be optimized for AMD and then they delayed it. He actually sold me that card used by the time HL2 actually came out.

thanx for the clarification man :) guess I was being too hasty :D

I've always believed that the game would come out in October 2014...no way will it be single player only though...HL3 Deathmatch!

so what do I win if my October 2014 release date prediction becomes reality?...the girl on the left in that photo-shopped Gabe pic sounds good

Back