Half-Life 2 ROCKS!!

tillyoubreakit

Limp Gawd
Well after the Doom3 Rocks thread, i am very far in Half Life 2 i guess and the soundtrack is kick ass. The weapongs kick ass, the story kicks ass and the graphics are kick ass too. :D

wow, HL2 has been out what? 6 months...

A little late here aren't ya?

Sheldron said:

um more like a year. But yes the game does kick ass.

I was kinda disapointed with the lost coast level they put out, it was just so short and kinda bland realy.

Whoa, is it November 2004? :eek:

J/K, it's a good game. I tried to play it again recently, but all it wants to do these days is crash on me. :(

Sheldron said:

Point? Some people buy games when they can, or if they hear good things about them. I just got Far Cry a couple months ago, so I guess im a year and a half late, and yet I still can post Far Cry Kicks Ass.

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
I was kinda disapointed with the lost coast level they put out, it was just so short and kinda bland realy.
Last time I checked, it was a tech demo, and not a 'level'.

Lazy_Moron said:
Point? Some people buy games when they can, or if they hear good things about them. I just got Far Cry a couple months ago, so I guess im a year and a half late, and yet I still can post Far Cry Kicks Ass.

And you'd be right! IMHO, Far Cry is the best FPS released in the last 5 years. Just an *awesome* gaming experience. It's too bad it didn't get the hype that Doom3 or HL2 did. Those are decent games, but FC is the *bomb*.

Jason

kellog said:
Last time I checked, it was a tech demo, and not a 'level'.

From what I read on the release notes valve said it was suppose to be a level in the game that they decided to leave out. It does feel much more like a tech demo tho, mabey it was and they just said it was a level, or mabey it was both.

I'm still waiting for some decent mods to come out, the original game and CS:S hasn't really appealed to me.

to each his own. i personally feel that FEAR owns all 3 in fun factor and eye candy. but every1 has their own opinion :cool:

Xeero said:
to each his own. i personally feel that FEAR owns all 3 in fun factor and eye candy. but every1 has their own opinion :cool:
Yeah, same here. The slow motion feature in FEAR was awsome.

OK just beat the game, and dammit why cant i get the girl into bed and save the world? :D
Lol, the end was kinda....mmh i dont know. Kick ass game nonetheless :cool:

Jeriko_Cherry said:
I'm still waiting for some decent mods to come out, the original game and CS:S hasn't really appealed to me.

yeah wtf is up with the hl2 mods.....it seems like every mod that started a year ago is going nowhere still. I wonder if this will be like HL1 with amazing mods coming out (both multiplayer and single player), or like almost every other FPS that comes out with mod kits that noone actually uses

edit- how long did it take until all the kick ass mods started coming out on hl1, like "they hunger"?

Xeero said:

I thought Fear was really disappointing in the eye candy department. The particle effects were great, but the textures were so low detail. Now that i'm 3/4 the way done with Fear, I honestly think Quake 4 was a much better game. Fear just gets really repetitive and it's not even scary to me.

tillyoubreakit said:
Well after the Doom3 Rocks thread, i am very far in Half Life 2 i guess and the soundtrack is kick ass. The weapongs kick ass, the story kicks ass and the graphics are kick ass too. :D

Couldn't agree any more!

bobthebaker said:
yeah wtf is up with the hl2 mods.....it seems like every mod that started a year ago is going nowhere still. I wonder if this will be like HL1 with amazing mods coming out (both multiplayer and single player), or like almost every other FPS that comes out with mod kits that noone actually uses

edit- how long did it take until all the kick ass mods started coming out on hl1, like "they hunger"?

Not everybody has all day, every day, to spend on a hobby.
Jeriko_Cherry said:
Day of Defeat : Source is the single, best multiplayer game available.

Xeero said:
FEAR has terrible graphics in comparison to HL2, and slightly worse than Doom 3, quite a bit better than Far Cry's dated graphics, however.

Great game, but the weapons suck monkey nuts. I wish someone would make a cool weapon pack...

I enjoyed fear. Not as great as HL2 but still fun to play. The story really comes together toward the end. It's like a japanese horror flick. The enemies are very repetitive though.

The most intense part was the nuclear explosion. I loved that. They should have done a bunch more with it. Like you had to find a shelter or something y'know. Such wasted potential.

Eh, fear and half-life cant be compared, if the fear engine was made to run in the HUGE outdoor enviroments of half life everyones computer would scream for mommy. Even the helecopter parts made my machine crawl, eh....half life kicked ass.

bobthebaker said:

Yeah Garry's Mod is going nowhere, yeah. Oh and that Dystopia, yeah that's hardly a mod right? Battlegrounds 2? Last time I checked Plan of Attack was pretty far along. MINERVA Sp mod is a must d/l. But hey, you know, who cares. After all, these mods are going nowhere right?

HL2 is the best gaming experience I have ever had.

I can't wait for Aftermath.

I really liked Doom 3 tho. Too bad the replay value is zero. I found the whole "Boo - AHHH!!!" experience thrilling, but something that you can only do once. If I could erase my memory of where every monster comes from, I would play it again.

NumbLock said:
HL2 is the best gaming experience I have ever had.

I can't wait for Aftermath.

I really liked Doom 3 tho. Too bad the replay value is zero. I found the whole "Boo - AHHH!!!" experience thrilling, but something that you can only do once. If I could erase my memory of where every monster comes from, I would play it again.

Completely agree, good thing my copy of Doom 3 wasn't purchased! :D

Back