Half-Life 2 on sale at the Best Buy in Niles, IL

evildre

[H]F Junkie
Specifically, it's on sale at the Best Buy on the southwest corner of Golf Rd. and Greenwood Ave. in Niles, IL, across the street from Golf Mill Mall. I'm not supposed to know this, but my gf got it for me :D No pics, because she left here with it about 10 minutes ago and I'm not supposed to know about it after all :(

So, for those of you who live in the Chicago area and really, really need your half-life fix, GET YUO SOME

<edit> Pics on Page 2

evildre said:
Specifically, it's on sale at the Best Buy on the southwest corner of Golf Rd. and Greenwood Ave. in Niles, IL, across the street from Golf Mill Mall. I'm not supposed to know this, but my gf got it for me :D No pics, because she left here with it about 10 minutes ago and I'm not supposed to know about it after all :(

So, for those of you who live in the Chicago area and really, really need your half-life fix, GET YUO SOME

pics .......pics u gotta post pics ..........

logan1 said:
pics .......pics u gotta post pics ..........

I'll get my gf to take a pic and email it to me ... she's about half-way home right now :p

Kevin003 said:
Oh man i wanna see some pics :D

Where in IL are you? Seriously, go there tomorrow morning ... I'll see if she'll take a pic of the box/receipt for me when she gets home ... I'll also make sure she writes "evildre is not supposed to know about this" somewhere near it ;)

I hope this is true as valve is supposed to unlock it if it leaks arent they.

Vriess said:
I hope this is true as valve is supposed to unlock it if it leaks arent they.

I haven't the slightest clue.

I saw two small box designs and a big one. One of the small box designs had the G-man from HL1 on it (that's the one that my gf bought ^_^ kekekeke),. and the other had a chick on it. I don't know who the chick was. There was also a big box design that was the "Special Edition" or whatever that cost like $75, and it contained HL2, CS:Source, and some other program ... and a T-shirt.

There are several places being reported about breaking the release date. The problem is no one can play it because it needs to be activated by steam. HAHAHA...I hear Gabe saying to everyone OWNED! :p

Okay, she's home ... she's not a big computer user so I'll have to walk her through taking the pics and e-mailing them to me.

I've asked her to take pics of the receipt showing the store's address and the box itself. She will not open the box, though, because she wants me to do it.

that is soooo tight! release the game now valve now!!! before it is cracked!

-warsaw

You know in all the threads accross the internet about this topic theres always some fucking retard who posts:

"HA TOO BAD NO ONE CAN PLAY IT OWNAGE SUCKER!!!!1111"

The point, fucktard, is that supposedly Valve said that if street date was broken, Valve would unlock the game EARLY? Get it yet?

kre62 said:
You know in all the threads accross the internet about this topic theres always some fucking retard who posts:

"HA TOO BAD NO ONE CAN PLAY IT OWNAGE SUCKER!!!!1111"

The point, fucktard, is that supposedly Valve said that if street date was broken, Valve would unlock the game EARLY? Get it yet?

I don't think they would do that. I mean that is just un-Valve like. LOL it would be awesome if they did unlock it but i kind of doubt it.

sanosuke2999 said:
Posted in another forum. Some guys friend I forgot his name, allegedly from IL aswell
Well, obviously his name is Tim.

Pics coming soon.

lol that guy just inspired me to work at best buy so i can release games to the public early... im seriously going in for an application tomorrow guys wish me luck!

-warsaw

warsawtag said:
lol that guy just inspired me to work at best buy so i can release games to the public early... im seriously going in for an application tomorrow guys wish me luck!

-warsaw
Good Luck!!!! I found it easy to get a job there....filled out the app online, got a call next day, interview, drug test, and then I was out sellin PCs to clueless customers..You DO NEED our PSP I swear to GOD! If not your PC WILL break in a week...ahh I dont miss that shit.

Holy shizat I live 5 minutes from there. II'm goin tomorrow biatches!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 :) :) :) :)

This is a real sore thread at the Steam forums :) Mods are DELETING threads left and right about pre release

my post
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=173263&goto=newpost

Man I can not believe this, but some Nazi mod here was afraid of my post. What happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH ?

"You cant handle the truth"

The truth is BestBuy has sold HalfLife2 early and they need to unlock the game, thats what Valve told us would happen ?

Half-Life 2 on sale at the Best Buy in Niles, IL
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=831389

Hm... that's too far of a drive for me. Well, I'm too lazy at least... at least the Chicago Fry's is 10 minutes away.

Hopefully with all these people getting HL2, Valve will bring up their registration server and unlock the game so I can play right...

five... four... three... two... one...

NOW

*loads steam*

Damnit! Curse you Gabe, curse you!

Hey, a bit off topic, but any Chicagolanders here going to Turkey-con?

hl2installing.jpg

Edited to protect identity and to fix spelling errors ;)

hl2receipt.jpg

hl2box.jpg

Looks like I'm not supposed to know about a couple other things too, eh? :eek:

Im about 5 mins away from this same best buy and know friends who work there. So this means I can go get a copy tomorrow?

Wow... just wow...

I think BB got sick of Valve screwing everyone so they decided to screw Valve... LMAO

Mincemeat said:
Im about 5 mins away from this same best buy and know friends who work there. So this means I can go get a copy tomorrow?
Most likely ... you can see the time on the receipt was 19:30, about 4 hours and 15 minutes ago. My sister bought a couple things too ... IIRC a Toby Keith CD and a 24 CD case, but that's irrelevant.

100:1 says Valve still keeps it locked until the release date. They've already shown little to no interest in their fanbase.

logan1 said:
oooo my god the pirates r @ work already

HL2BT.jpg

Holy shit d00d :eek:

I can tell you who it wasn't, because the copy I'm not supposed to know of is approximately 42.1 miles from me at the moment.

Do you have any word on if all of the collectors editions were sold out and could you validate the following pic for everyone as being from this best buy in our neck of the woods:

tim_hl2.jpg

Mincemeat said:
Do you have any word on if all of the collectors editions were sold out and could you validate the following pic for everyone as being from this best buy in our neck of the woods:

[img ]http://img14.exs.cx/img14/3607/tim_hl2.jpg[/img]

I posted before, that guy does look familiar. IIRC there were 4 or 5 copies of the Collector's Edition left when I left that aisle to go look at the iPod Photo.

Back