Half Life 2 Fans Unite!!!

Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
11
Bungie is cheating on gamespy's poll. Half Life 2 fans please visit the site and vote for half life 2 in the bottom left of the page. HL fans need to fight back because that poll is advertised on bungies site which is totally unfair to HL.
 

WickedAngel

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
2,644
So it's Bungie's fault that they are a community-oriented company while Valve simply couldn't care less about their fans? I'm not sure I see the logic.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
11
That isnt the point. The point is that they have horrible fans and that valve has at least a little style to not cheat and effect public polls.
 

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
5,536
SuperiorPCsfreak said:
That isnt the point. The point is that they have horrible fans and that valve has at least a little style to not cheat and effect public polls.
What proof do you have to back up this 'point'? I'm a fan of both series, does that make me horrible? Or does it make you a fan-boy?
 

WickedAngel

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
2,644
I agree but it is just getting really annoying how bungie encourages this sort of thing making half life 2 look like a worse game when it is actually a better game proven by pc gamer.
This is easily the funniest shit I've read all week. Keep it coming.
 

corran_horn314

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
445
yeah, 1 magazine PROVES that one game is better than the other. Just like my vote was the only one that should have been counted one Nov. 2.

So what if Bungie linked to a poll that can't possibly be fair and valid in any situation. A poll like that is designed to give a very unscientific estimate of the community enthusiasm, if Bungie can get their fans excited - more power to them, if you can get Half Life 2 fans excited - the same... but don't call them cheaters and call Halo fans horrible.
 

pbguy434

n00b
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
40
SuperiorPCsfreak said:
I agree but it is just getting really annoying how bungie encourages this sort of thing making half life 2 look like a worse game when it is actually a better game.
1. What if I think Halo 2 will be better than Half-Life2?
2. I find it funny you edited out your post after someone quoted you
3. Who cares if Bungie linked the poll on their site, has this become some sort of a contest?
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
11
In reply to number 3, yes it has become somewhat of a contest in some peoples eyes. If you dont think so then why do you think that poll was created in the first place?
 

Dijonase

Gawd
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
946
SuperiorPCsfreak said:
In reply to number 3, yes it has become somewhat of a contest in some peoples eyes. If you dont think so then why do you think that poll was created in the first place?
Gamespy's polls are jokes. There was one a long time ago that pitted a double barreled shotgun against a cheeseburger (I know I'm way off here but I do remember that they pitted a double barreled shotgun against something ridiculous).

I can't beliebe that you were so concerned that you had to organize a movement against Halo 2. Calm down my man. The Gampesy poll means absolutely nothing.
 

adam7488

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
303
Since when is a review considered fact.

You can't assume two games that neither of you have played; are better than one another based on a review, and then use that review as proof of that, so called, "fact."

Gimme a break?

Adam.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
11
I can't beliebe that you were so concerned that you had to organize a movement against Halo 2. Calm down my man. The Gampesy poll means absolutely nothing.

You are right, I should calm down.
 

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
Joined
May 15, 2002
Messages
9,235
I coudnt care less about the pole, in fact I'm gonna vote for Halo2 to smite you...prepare to be SMOTTEN!!!



[EDIT]


 

MrWoot

Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
530
are you honestly gonna get upset about a poll? grow up. I voted for Halo2 to smite you as well :D
 

Kevin Lowe

Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
766
Spite, guys, not smite. Unless you're actually killing him.

And what's with the rampant !!!!!!ism? I mean, with as much time as people spend bickering about which game is better, you could've put in a few extra hours at work and just bought both.

Bicker all you want - I'll be too busy playing both to join some petty clash of the !!!!!!s.

Edit: mods, come on. I only know one dirty word that starts with "f", and it doesn't end with "anboy".
 

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 5, 2001
Messages
10,232
You need a hobby... or something else more productive to do, seriously.

Edit: That was pretty amsuing kuyaglen... :p
 

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
1,392
i already voted... i dont care because i know hl2 is gonna be the wickedness

-warsaw
 

finalgt

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Messages
5,506
...the poll isn't even asking what the better game is, it's which one are you more excited about, and you're getting upset. Sweet sassy fucking molassey get a job.
 

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Messages
11,039
i think the fact that anyone is sooo damn excited about either is scary... video games and the internet will cause the demise of humanity.. hear me.. the end is near!
 

ZMTToxics

Gawd
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
686
I hate halo 2! I hate the generation that likes it! Long live half-life and quakkeeeeee1!!!!!!111oneoneone
 

corran_horn314

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
445
ZMTToxics said:
I hate halo 2! I hate the generation that likes it! Long live half-life and quakkeeeeee1!!!!!!111oneoneone
Based on your excessive letters i will assume you are being sarcastic. But I hate people who think that Half Life is the good old times and Halo is a bunch of stupid kiddies. If you have ever played Couter Strike online you know that imature retards are everywhere.
 

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
4,663
yeah I voted for Halo 2. While they will both be very awesome games.

I personally wil be having more "fun" with Halo 2, due to xbox parties and stuff.
 

Visable-assassin

I <3 Hybrids
Joined
Aug 8, 2000
Messages
20,928
SuperiorPCsfreak said:
I agree but it is just getting really annoying how bungie encourages this sort of thing making half life 2 look like a worse game when it is actually a better game.


Now please oh he who can play games from the future tell us how HL2 is better than HALO2? I wanna hear this...PC Gamer or online reviews do not count.....have you played HALO2 yet? I have and its a blast... Have you played HL2 yet? no you havent...so how do you know its better?
 

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
4,663
Visable-assassin said:
Now please oh he who can play games from the future tell us how HL2 is better than HALO2? I wanna hear this...PC Gamer or online reviews do not count.....have you played HALO2 yet? I have and its a blast... Have you played HL2 yet? no you havent...so how do you know its better?
over 61,000 people are enjoying Halo 2 right now (on xbox live) :cool:
 

Visable-assassin

I <3 Hybrids
Joined
Aug 8, 2000
Messages
20,928
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
over 61,000 people are enjoying Halo 2 right now (on xbox live) :cool:


I need to get off my ass and start using those "free months" coupons I have...I think I have like 4 of them LOL
I still wanna know how I can be a fan of a game that isnt out yet.
 

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
4,663
Visable-assassin said:
I need to get off my ass and start using those "free months" coupons I have...I think I have like 4 of them LOL
I still wanna know how I can be a fan of a game that isnt out yet.
Yeah I wanna be one too :(

78,000 people on steam now. Of course that will surge when HL2 comes out
 

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
7,438
WickedAngel said:
This is easily the funniest shit I've read all week. Keep it coming.
I'm with you... hahah good laughs in this thread.
 

Visable-assassin

I <3 Hybrids
Joined
Aug 8, 2000
Messages
20,928
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Yeah I wanna be one too :(

78,000 people on steam now. Of course that will surge when HL2 comes out


Thats on steam...that doesnt tell us what game they are playing..ill bet its CS :p
yeah once HL2 is released thatll go thru the roof...especially for those who have to DL the damn thing !
 

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
4,663
Visable-assassin said:
Thats on steam...that doesnt tell us what game they are playing..ill bet its CS :p
yeah once HL2 is released thatll go thru the roof...especially for those who have to DL the damn thing !
Counter-Strike 53,764
Counter-Strike Condition Zero 9,716
Counter-Strike: Source 5,855
Day of Defeat 5,057
Natural Selection 1,330
TeamFortress Classic 1,098
Half-Life DeathMatch 363
The Specialists 360
Digital Paintball 248
Sven Co-Op 240
Earth's Special Forces 136
Firearms 109
zp 86
Vampire Slayer 77
The Battle Grounds 70
Natural Selection v3.0 (beta) 59
Adrenaline Gamer 57
Opposing Force 55
Hostile Intent 53
International Online Soccer 46
The Trenches 36
Science and Industry 23
Deathmatch Classic 17
Frontlineforce 17
Pirates Vikings and Knights 16
The Ship 16
Ricochet 13
gangwars 12
Action Half-Life 11
csv15 7
HalfLife-Rally Beta 1.0 6
cs13 4
Desert Crisis 4
Stargate TC 3
penemy 1
dod_31 0
OZ Deathmatch 0
Sands of War 0
 

archevilangel

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2003
Messages
1,824
giant douche or turd sandwhich! 04 part 2; just kidding...

Seriously, I doubt anyone will base their purchasing descision on this, and since they don't why would it matter. If a few thousand fans more fans for halo turn out does it mean you have to play halo? (This is of course much different than a general election where apparently a few percent either way can swing it and you have to live with the results)
 

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
4,663
archevilangel said:
giant douche or turd sandwhich! 04 part 2; just kidding...

Seriously, I doubt anyone will base their purchasing descision on this, and since they don't why would it matter. If a few thousand fans more fans for halo turn out does it mean you have to play halo? (This is of course much different than a general election where apparently a few percent either way can swing it)
no none of these statistics matter at all. I just think it's interesting. :)
 

WickedAngel

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
2,644
78,000 people on steam now. Of course that will surge when HL2 comes out
That isn't too impressive, considering that Steam holds dozens of games (And that is an accumulation of the players of all of them).

As of now, there are 76773 playing Halo 2. That is one game. That doesn't include all of the other people playing other games on Xbox Live. Not too shabby.
 

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 5, 2001
Messages
10,232
WickedAngel said:
That isn't too impressive, considering that Steam holds dozens of games (And that is an accumulation of the players of all of them).

As of now, there are 76773 playing Halo 2. That is one game. That doesn't include all of the other people playing other games on Xbox Live. Not too shabby.
There's around 70k between CS/CS:S/CS:CZ, mostly all in CS itself, just pointing it out in case you missed the breakdown game by game that was posted above... Not that any of this means a thing whatsoever but yea.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
11
WickedAngel said:
That isn't too impressive, considering that Steam holds dozens of games (And that is an accumulation of the players of all of them).

As of now, there are 76773 playing Halo 2. That is one game. That doesn't include all of the other people playing other games on Xbox Live. Not too shabby.

Considering the darn game is over 6 years old I say it is doing pretty damn well.

Half Life 2 will own Halo 2.
 
Top