Half Done Project: Japanese Tea House.

Russticle

n00b
Here ya go. This is my third try, all the others were unsuccessful due to the use of recycled and scrapped wood from previous projects. So I put 25 dollars into some Oak, and Pine wood and snagged a couple of twice used 1"x1 1/16" sticks to make this...

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

My plans for the future of this empty box will be to put a sheet of plexiglass on eachside. The hole in the bottom is for a Red LED fan which will illuminate the bottom of the house and be covered by a Motherboard so the light doesn't seep into the room. I'll have two plack lights inside the room to make everything glow and the added effect of my blue glowing PSU in the back.

I've bought everything, I just need the time now to finish it. I know this project isn't as Amazingly complex as some of the others I've seen, but I felt like I would share it with all of you.

oh man, haha my friend was making fun of me that if i posted mine up, someone would say something about it being a bird feeder. god damnit.

You should put secret ninjas inside to protect the important components!

oh man, haha my friend was making fun of me that if i posted mine up, someone would say something about it being a bird feeder. god damnit.

Hope you didn't lose the bet!

Are you going to keep the plexi glass transparent, or are you going to make it opaque? My suggestion is to make it opaque, kinda paper coloured like the walls of this kind of building. Then on the walls put silhouettes of ninja's....having tea ;) .

For the money shot you gotta put some bonsai trees next to the case. Good luck!

I thought about doing that to it, but I have barley enough time as is to complete it, but what I am going to do is take these 1/4 x 1/4 strips I cut and make paneling in front of the plexiglass so it looks somewhat like sliding doors. That or I'll just put a big hole in the front for the birds to enter..

Even at this early stage, it looks great. Keep it up! I want to see the finished product!

Here, I havn't had much time to work on this case as I'd like, and don't feel like picking up any more tools after work, but here is what I've put into it in the past couple of days...
Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

I've put the Plexiglass in, glued all of the previous pieces together, and started on the window paneling. I have only done the horizontal paneling cuts so it's not perfect or straight 90deg square windows yet. Hopefully it's starting to look less like a Bird Feeder and more like a home for my computer.

Tell me whatcha think, and if I should add or change anything. Thanks

Looking pretty interesting so far. Can't wait to see updates.

Why not go with a larger fan on the bottom? The photo looks like a 80mm?

Any updates?

And on a less serious note: have you got the ninjas on order yet? :D

I see the fan on the bottom, but I believe you said you were going to cover that with the motherboard. What are your plans for cooling this case? I would imagine the wood and Plexiglass could keep in some heat without any ventilation.

I see the fan on the bottom, but I believe you said you were going to cover that with the motherboard. What are your plans for cooling this case? I would imagine the wood and Plexiglass could keep in some heat without any ventilation.
The materials from which the case is built have little to no affect on how effective the cooling is. A vast majority of the cooling is performed by the airflow, and very little of the heat is dissipated through the sides of the case, whether they be of wood, aluminum, steel, plexiglass, styrofoam, or thatched roof.

Back