Haggling with Dell on a 2405FPW

fibroptikl

Supreme [H]ardness
I want to call Dell and see if they'll knock a few bucks off the 2405FPW, so it goes from $1019 to atleast $999, and save a few dollars.

Anybody had any success in "haggling" with Dell?

Yes, got double the RAM for an extra $20 back when didn't have any such offers; it was normally about $100 for my laptop. They can't go VERY low, but I believe their Small Business division has more flexibility. (My lappie is a Latitude, not an Inspiron.)

You want to haggle for $20? I would hope your aim would be a little lower than that :D

aphexii said:
You want to haggle for $20? I would hope your aim would be a little lower than that :D
That's my minimum, I'm going for as much as I can.

I agree, $20 is kind of a weak haggle. I usually get about 10% of the item cost out of dell without much effort. If you don't success with one CSR, just call back and talk to another. Some of them cough up credits right away.

By the way, I love my 2405fpw. Took three to get a perfect one. Not bad for a $750 monitor.

aphexii said:
Read the post again...He paid $20.00 for RAM that was usualy $100.00..

He saved $80.00..... Thats a nice deal in my book.

Crosshairs said:
Read the post again...He paid $20.00 for RAM that was usualy $100.00..

He saved $80.00..... Thats a nice deal in my book.

I was referring to the Original Post.

Wait a couple weeks and it will almost certainly be in the $899 range during some of that time. Just check hard deals etc.

Wayfare said:
Wait a couple weeks and it will almost certainly be in the $899 range during some of that time. Just check hard deals etc.
I've always been checking for deals, but no luck. They were $850 once, but I missed out. Haven't seen anything close since.

I ordered from small biz and received my 2405 for $819. I ordered it Tuesday afternoon around 2 and received it Thursday morning. I called and asked a rep if they had any special offers or coupon codes and after a minute he quoted me for $819 + free ship

Just got this this morning. Not the best price ever but... $899 + Free NextDay Shipping!

Date: 4/29/05 10:45:50 AM Customer Name: #########

TOTAL QUOTE AMOUNT: $899.25
Product Subtotal: $899.25
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Shipping Method: Next Day Total Number of System Groups: 0

cnick79, that's a steal. God, I really envy you. It is even lower price than when it first came out with kinda promotional price tag. Do you have a small biz account with Dell and if so, does it help for getting such low price?

Congrats!

fibroptikl said:
I want to call Dell and see if they'll knock a few bucks off the 2405FPW, so it goes from $1019 to atleast $999, and save a few dollars.

Anybody had any success in "haggling" with Dell?
Go to Dell and order a catalog, it's free and will show up a week later, and it will have a Big bucks coupon for $30-$5000 off. Apply for a Dell Preferred Account, that will give you 10% off at check out. I just bought my 2405 for $1019.15-$30 (coupon) =$989.15-10% DPA ($98.91) = $890.24 + Tax ($73.44) = $963.68 with free delivery. BTW, choose free delivery, it'll show in a day or two with ground delivery anyway. If you want a coupon right now, go to Ebay and buy one.

It's a good price but not as good as the original promotional price the first week it came out. It was $740/$750 then depending on the rep.

blix9 said:
cnick79, that's a steal. God, I really envy you. It is even lower price than when it first came out with kinda promotional price tag. Do you have a small biz account with Dell and if so, does it help for getting such low price?

Congrats!

mavalpha said:
... They can't go VERY low, but I believe their Small Business division has more flexibility. (My lappie is a Latitude, not an Inspiron.)

QFT - you'll find lower prices via the Small Business at Dell. Good example is the PowerConnect Switches - lowest price you can find anywhere. Our company falls into the Small Business and we get some sweet deals. They dont' have much room to adjust when they are runnign a promo, but when they aren't, they can help you out - in other words, they want you to by a Latitude over an Inspiron - which will hold up better in the long run.

Peace,
Tim

Any last comments before I call. Looks like I'll call small business and say that I've seen people get them for $850, and was wondering if I could get that deal.

Went to the web site before I called, and found out they are 3 weeks wait. I guess I could order it anyway.

I tried to haggle with Dell. Told them I had a stipend for my job to spend before June, that I was ready to buy immediately at the 800-900 range because I needed to also buy textbooks, and that I really couldn't pay anymore. The Dell rep twice 'talked with her supervisor' and was unable to drop lower than the website price of $1019 (15% off). I told her thanks, if another sale comes along please let me know. I tried once with Dell small business and once with Dell home. Neither worked. Of course, I, being hardware lusty couldn't wait so I went on the website and bought it that day for that price. Guess I won't be buying all those textbooks. Besides, I can always use next year's stipend for textbooks!!!!!! Oh, I ordered on the third, it said three weeks wait, estimated ship date June 1. Well today I check the website and it says SHIPPED where before it just hung at preproduction!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have it by next week!!!!! Can't wait. :D

I ordered mine on monday even though it said 3 week wait. It shipped out wednesday. I was able to get it for $959 from a DELL rep.

Back