HAF X + 2600K + Triple GTX 580 Water Cooled

WozniakMac

[H]ard|Gawd
I have just finished my latest build, and I can now post a picture of the final result. Comments and criticism welcome. Components listed below.

Components:
1. Intel i7 2600K @ 5.0GHz w/ EK Full Nickel WaterBlock
2. Maximus IV Extreme B3
3. 3 x eVGA GTX 580 Black Ops w/ EK GTX 580+ WaterBlocks
4. 16GB (4x4GB) G Skill 1600MHz DDR3
5. Swiftech MCP355 Pump with EK Rev 2 Top and Phobya Pump Mount
6. I and H 225mL Resorvoir
7. XSPC RX360 Radiator
8. 3 x 200mm Cooler Master MegaFlow Fans and 4 x Akasa Apache Fans (Dead Silent!)
9. AX1200 PSU, custom sleeved in Red, black, and white.
10. 2 x 240GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSDs in RAID 0
11. Plextor DVD+-RW Drive

Thank you for looking again!

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

Temps!

Load (10 Minutes):
LoadTemps.png

Idle:
IdleTemps.png

Last edited:
Will post more pictures and temps tomorrow. It's been a month long process, and I wanna play with it now. lol.

It looks incredible, but I am surprised a 360 radiator can handle all of that.

My idle temps are low 30s and while I'm gaming I get around 45 on everything. When I run Prime 95 for 1 hour, my cpu temp jumps to around 60-65 across all cores. Pretty good considering all that I am cooling.

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that a single 360 would be enough, but I guess that as long as you are just gaming it's fine. Try running Intel Burn Test instead of p95 and run Furmark at the same time. I'd love to see what your temps would look like then.

Will post more pictures and temps tomorrow. It's been a month long process, and I wanna play with it now. lol.

I know the feeling, I've been working on a new rig for almost a month now and it is killing me! Kudos on the sleeeving job, looks super professional.

Also, what type of rad setup are you using (push/pull)? Can't tell from the picture but that's what it looks like. Those are pretty good temps considering its a cpu+ tri gpu loop.

I am using push pull. I have 3 akasa apaches pushing and 2 x 200mm Cooler master MegaFlows Pulling. What's the point in running Furmark and IBT at the same time? If I never stress my system that much EVER, then why would I worry about that? Just saying.

I am using push pull. I have 3 akasa apaches pushing and 2 x 200mm Cooler master MegaFlows Pulling. What's the point in running Furmark and IBT at the same time? If I never stress my system that much EVER, then why would I worry about that? Just saying.

+1

good job man!

now if you would only make to a lan party once in a while :D

Great setup. I'm surprised that a single 360 rad could handle all that heat though. Have you tried those puppised on Furmark or does Nvidia throttle the power when it detects furmark now? (I think they did something about it). ^_^

I have tried furmark, but only 1 card got hot. GPU1 was around 45-50 after 10 minutes of furmark. My main goal was not to see how cool I could get things, but rather how quiet. Temps are a plus for me being that the RX360 is such a good radiator that it is all I need. The matte black finish sucks bad though. It chips so easily. My whole system runs at less than 20db total. I am very happy for once, and hopefully nothing breaks. :)

What is the EK thingy that spans across the 3 cards? I didn't even know they made parts like that.

That connects the 3 cards in serial so that I don't have to run tubes and fittings in all the cards.

My only criticism is that there are not nearly enough pictures. How dare you tease the forum with that you arse.

I will provide more pictures once I get my camera back from Canon. My 5DMarkII has a big spot on the sensor and my 50mm 1.2L won't behave on anything other than the Full Frame.

Nice lens too! Sucks to hear about the camera though, my one experience with Canon was pretty spot on though, they rush shipped it and everything.

Any reason you picked serial instead of parallel? I plan on getting one of those this summer, and was wondering which one to get, hence why I ask.
I would also like to know. I plan on running them in parallel.

Perhaps he doesn't trust the physics behind it?

Btw what is the speed (RPM) of you fans? You say it is silent, but something is telling me they don't run at minimum.

Sweet! I wish I could build something like that, but I can tell this would be completely out of my league.

Beautiful work.

Love that you took your time and got it perfect.

Very powerful specs.

I'm counting up a figure of just under $4k.

Silver, and others...
Whoops on the 4x2GB Error. It's 4x4GB is what I meant.

Aerial...
The Akasa Apaches are running around 1200-1300rpm and they definitely are silent and at full speed. My system idles in the low to mid 30s, and never goes above 50 on anything when gaming. Not sure why no one believes me that it is all being cooled with a single RX360 while being silent too. My ambient temperature is around 68-70F in my house. Maybe that is why. We keep it fairly cool.

SixFootDuo...
I went through just adding everything up retail prices, and came up with around 5200 new, but I did not pay retail. I have had my Vertex 2's since they came out, I bought the board, CPU, and RAM from a local computer store my buddy owns for a good price, I already had the case, Bought 2 of the GTX 580 Black ops with my American Express Points + 123 bucks, and got a good deal on all the watercooling stuff from Sidewinder Computers. They really are the best water parts store on the net. They are very nice, and actually answer the phone when you call.

You are probably close though, around the $4,000.00 mark.

Everyone...
Thanks for all the nice comments, and I really am finally happy with a computer build after years, I don't want to touch the damn thing to upgrade it. It just works as it should.

Very very nice. I've got almost the exact system and I'm also thinking about adding those water cooling components.

A question:
9. AX1200 PSU, custom sleeved in Red, black, and white.
How did you do this? (the custom sleeve I mean)

Last edited:
Beautiful work. Any chance of delving into Surround? You certainly have the horsepower to drive it. ;)

I'm also curious about the sleeve work too. Where did you get your sleeving from? MDPC-X?

Back