HAF 912 extreme dust build up..

YamahaAlex37

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently "upgraded" my Rosewill TU-155 to the HAF 912, and I'm finding a lot of dust collects on the outside of the front of the case in front of the intake fans... It wouldn't be a big deal to just shoot it with air but then the dust would fly all over my room and I hate dust.

I'm damn near close to switching back to the TU-155 because I never had that issue. What should I do?

Last edited:
I guess I'll just have to switch back to my other case... when I cleaned it it was back within a week or 2, and I don't feel like grabbing the vacuum that often. I know I'm lazy.

Clean the room the computer is in more.
More fan, more pores = more "dust buildup", that's what happens :p

I had the same problem with my NZXT hades no matter how much I cleaned the front always had dust collected in it and the plastic grill on the front made it a real pain to clean.

Clean the room the computer is in more.
More fan, more pores = more "dust buildup", that's what happens :p

If I'm too lazy to clean the dust of the front of the computer, I'm definitely too lazy to clean the room. Anyways, the room is visually very clean, and the computer is 2 feet off the ground on a stand, and I'm not going to become a vacuum freak.

So, you think your case just created additional dust?

Yes, I think this HAF 912 is definitely in on some sort of conspiracy against me :mad:

Really though, I was just wondering if this was a common problem. I think the plastic bezel in front of my Rosewill case was genius and it's a shame I "upgraded" to this, and I'll probably be switching back to that.

Back