Had to turn off hardware acceleration.. whats wrong with my card?

Jaa-Yoo

Limp Gawd
Hey folks, i need some help... again. :D
I had some problems with up to date catalyst drivers for my 9600se and had to revert to an older one just so that i could run my system. I got my system up and running but all graphics and images suffered from tearing and jerkiness and windows was just overall slow. (Fade effects would take nearly 4 seconds to complete) Anyway, i started to dial down hardware acceleration and had to disable it all together just to get windows running smoothly.

Anyone know what could be causing my video card to suffer so much?

Keep in mind that i cannot upgrade to the latest drivers, my system will give a BSOD if i load them.
Im running a running a QBic EQ3901 with VIA K8T800pro, 3200+ A64, 2x256meg, 120gig HD, Pio DVD burner, and of course the 9600se.

Run driver cleaner for all of your drivers, then re-install the newest ones. If that does not work, use a restore point, or for absolute best results, back up and format, it seems like you need it if you get BSODs.

run check disk. search yur system for errors. i had a problem like that before. i did check disk n it repaired whatever it was that was wrong

Ive done all of that stuff already and none of it has helped. I was hoping someone knew something that i havent tried yet. Thanks anyway.
Ive come across some readings on the net that say there are issues with this ati chip and issues with via drivers. Looks like i chose a bad combination of hardware. :( I'll be dumping both this vid card and mobo for something better as soon as its available.

Check if ur card is running at AGP mode, make sure you install ur mobo agp driver and ATI GART driver is properly installed.

Back