Had a wierd BSOD I think I fixxed it.

Jarod888

2[H]4U
My computer specs are in my sig.
So yesterday I spent most of the day encoding some video, and burning it to DVD, all was well until about 8 pm.
Then I got my first BSOD. Memory_Management 0x0000001A.
Rebooted got back in to windows and uninstalled the last thing that had updated. Another BSOD 0x0000008E Win32k.sys.
Rebooted again, uninstalled Zone alarm Pro my year is up 31 January anyway, attempted to download Zone Free, another BSOD Page_Fault_in-nonpage_area 0x00000050 rebooted again.
this time the system stays on about 15 minutes. In that time I changed my page file size to 4092mb it was at 2086.
Another BSOD Irql_not_less_or_equal. so I completely turned off my system, an changed Dimm locations of my memory. I have 3 gigs of Corsair XMS Pro 3200 @ 3.3.3.8 timings. The last hardware addition I made was adding my the additional 2X512 sticks, I had a hell of a time finding them @ newegg in the 3.3.3.8 variety. So my origninal memory configuration was my 2 1 gig sticks in the Black dimms on my a8n32. This was the only way my system would fire up when I built it. So i added the new 2x512 to the blue dimms and it has been that way for about 3 weeks with no issues.
So I switched locations, 2x1gigs now in blue 2x512s now in black. Oh I blew off the bottoms of each mem module and blew out the dims themselves, but the was little dust in the inside of my case. My temps are fine. I restarted and decided to defrag my hard drive, I left it running all night it defragged fine and is still running. I need to finish the encoding I was doing last night so I hope I fixxed the issue. I also downloaded memtest86, I have to buy some cd's so I can burn it. I will run that when I have more time. Any other suggestions. Any possible reasons why? I sure hope that I don't have bad Memory.

Ok so I didn't fix it. As soon as I started the encoding it happened again. So I boosted my page file on all my hard drives again. I also reverted to an earlier version of a program I was using. I will be doing the memtest86 later tonight.

So I keep getting the Irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD.. I finally decided to remove the 2 new 512 mem modules and see if that helps. I am going to be really pissed if those brand new mem sticks are bad. I hope that NewEgg will work with me on them. Otherwise I think I am going to have to go through Corsair. So far so good, I am doing the encode now, which uses a lot of memory and cpu power. I was hoping to get some noticable improvement from the extra gig but I cant tell because I cant get my computer to run. By the way what is a good size for my page file, right now I have it at 13764 MB for 3 harddrives, 1 150 gig raptor and 2 400 gig wd.
Thanks

So I guess it must have been the memory, because my computer encoded the file fine. Now to figure out what to do. Maybe I will try and see if it works in another motherboard I have.

i can relate... had a similar problem too with some memory.. it didnt work well in one system but it worked well in my friends system!??! lol.. i had a dfi lanparty ut nf4 sli-dr board.... and it worked well in a regular athlon xp board..... so dont know why its like that? maybe my timings where too agressive? but thats what the ram was rated at.. i am thinking the ram can do those timings no more... and the default values for the SPD is good enough... since my freind was running the ram modules at that speed...

Back