Had a chat with sprint :] (free airave)

SinShiva

Limp Gawd
I called sprint today to request a PRL Update. I ended up finding out that Sprint's Customer service/tech support can no longer flag accounts manually for the PRL update. i happened to explain to the guy on the phone that i had been trying to get one sent to my phone for the last like 6 months, but i get 0-1 bars of signal consistently at home. Guy creditted me the 100usd for an airave. i'll be picking it up in store tomorrow, can't wait to see it in action. I'll post more when i have more information.

That's nice but don't you still have to pay $5/month? If you are comfortable with that charge then :)

yeah, i believe i will. i can deal with it, though. i'm on a family plan with unlimited like everything; 5usd/mo to give 3 phones immaculate service is a small price in this house :]

Yeah that's sweet man getting that credit. I had good experience with sprint customer service like 6 years ago. They cut me a better deal in my plan because I wanted to change carriers so they hooked me up to stay. They knocked like $29 a month off my bill for the rest of my contract which was like 6 months.

man, femtocells and their marketing dept. are genius if the can make you pay for a unit that improves what should already be given and make you pay monthly for it. I hate it that people are willing to buy it because if they do then cell phone companies will make a huge push for it and that means that they dont really have to bother with upgrading their networks as they are saving money by making you pay for it and charging you for using your own broadband on top of the monthly fee.

back in the day when the htc apache 6700 came out I headed to an authorized sprint kiosk at my local mall. I wanted a new line with that phone, the kiosk told me they did not have the phone in stock yet. they gave me a free phone in the mean time. well turns out the never delivered on that promise and I was stuck with a crap flip phone, past the 2 week trial period. I contacted sprint to report this gross douchbaggery and a few phone calls later the overnighted my brand new htc phone and credit my account for 660 dollars, the full amount of the phone and 2 months service :eek:

man, femtocells and their marketing dept. are genius if the can make you pay for a unit that improves what should already be given and make you pay monthly for it. I hate it that people are willing to buy it because if they do then cell phone companies will make a huge push for it and that means that they dont really have to bother with upgrading their networks as they are saving money by making you pay for it and charging you for using your own broadband on top of the monthly fee.
no kidding, use your own bandwidth and pay us more!

Back