Hacking Team CEO: We're The 'Good Guys'

HardOCP News

[H] News
This story just keeps getting better and better.

Vincenzetti told the publication: "The geopolitical changes rapidly, and sometimes situations evolve. But we do not trade in weapons, we do not sell guns that can be used for years. We're the good guys."

selling exploits to government agencies makes you a good guy?

what is this bizzaro world?

No, you do not sell "weapons" in the old sense of the word. However, you sell the "tools" which can lead to the easy use of weapons.
You sell the tools which can, and probably do, lead to war, unrest, arrests of opposition, and death.

Get off your high horse, you are no better than an arms dealer.

I love this response, especially when looking at the emails where they discuss sending a death squad to kill the Lead Technologist of the ACLU. Oh the irony.

Best part of the story "In related news, Adobe has promised a patch this week for two new zero-day vulnerabilities in Flash Player, only discovered due to the leaked Hacking Team file cache."

Hehehe sarcastic or not I loved it

Hacking Team had true weapons of mass destruction. Ironically, hackers have taken their weapons and dispersed them for all the world to use.

which in the end may help everyone since security and application firms will hopefully patch the exploits.

At first I was supporting them until I researched more on them and how they sell services to governments that oppress speach and hunt down folks that disagree with them (not just used as anti-hacking/self defense etc).

Back