Hackers Finally Post Stolen Ashley Madison Data

Probably signing up for legit dating, OkCupid, Match, etc. Probably be even longer for the sex only sites; as people mentioned, girl walks into a bar and can pretty much pick whoever she wants.

And, why again is this a .com url?

Why not? They proved a long time ago that you don't have to be an organization to get .org, a network to get .net, nor a commercial entity to get .com.

The only ones with actual hurdles are .edu/.gov and country based ones. They probably went with .com because it's inherently cheap compared with .info/.co (etc).

Read in another article there were tens of thousands of .gov and .mil addresses. If you seriously signed up for that with your military or government domain...but sadly not surprised.

Combine this, the OPM breach, let the blackmailing and espionage begin (or continue, I guess...)

Saw a few threads on 4chan last night already that were working on writing scripts to extract all the .GOV, .EDU, and .MIL email addresses and compile them in preparation for more data gathering.

In all fairness, they proactively faked female accounts (hiring models etc.) to attract men.

Ashley Madison honey potted men for the idea that they might potentially match or pair themselves with other married women or men for extramarital relationships. I guess I should buy Tinder stock then.

Do I think this is morally okay? No. I don't. People have the right to their privacy. And what goes on between a man and his wife is between the man and his wife. I say that even though I think people that cheat on their wives (or vice versa) are total scumbags.

Probably signing up for legit dating, OkCupid, Match, etc. Probably be even longer for the sex only sites; as people mentioned, girl walks into a bar and can pretty much pick whoever she wants.

You're overlooking the fact that the picking happens among a vast pool of bottom-feeders where bars are concerned. Sure if you don't mind slumming it or whatever, you can do something like that, but it's not a good thing for picking out higher quality company that can do something like enjoy reading the same book instead of screaming and howling at their TV as if it makes the person on it carrying a ball run faster.

To clarify, I meant that yes women are on dating sites for more quality relationships such as knowing they enjoy the same books.

But women have no need of a sex-only site, as if that's all they're looking for, they can walk into any public venue and walk out with a man willing to have sex with them.

People willing to bless privacy violations as long as it's something they personally don't do, and don't approve of. Shocking..

Really I have to side with the hackers here.
A site that enables people to cheat in on their spouse.
Bad for everyone.

And I'm sick of people saying "it's nothing illegal"
As if legality=morality.

But for a amoral society that is the rational.

Here are the issues I have with this... The Hackers decided to be Judge, Jury, and Executioner. They broke the law to get the data. They violated the privacy of those, whose data they gave away. How are their actions "moral?"
Their actions are no more moral, and definitely less legal, than those adulterers who used the website.

2 wrongs do not make a right. But, 3 lefts do...

I would highly caution typing any email address on this site. They are most likely being harvested for more spam.

I'm claiming BS on this as well. 32 million accounts. 95% men. 50% of US population is male. It means that 20% of men are cheating or at least looking to cheat?

Take a look around where you work and ask if that makes sense to you. Sure, there may be some guys you might peg as being that scummy, but 20%? I doubt it.

Forgot to add, 23% of Americans are under 18. Won't stop some, but brings the cheating population to >26% of adult men. Seems highly unlikely that 1:4 of people is doing that.

Factor in those over 65 years old (I could be wrong but they might not be the most likely to cheat). Now we're looking at 23 million accounts out of a possible user base of 100 million 18-64 year olds. So 33% of men are using the site, including freshmen in college, their dads and granddads.

Doubt it.

I'm not sure how accurate this is. I made up a few random addresses, including a few from a domain I just registered a few weeks ago and it said 3 of the 5 were on the list, lol.

Yeah, I never trust these websites that check your password hash, ssn, or email address. It seems there's no reason not to harvest data these days when people are willing to give it to you.

I would highly caution typing any email address on this site. They are most likely being harvested for more spam.

Exactly. A site set up by a group of people involved in illegal activities, I certainly wouldn't trust them.

Why not? They proved a long time ago that you don't have to be an organization to get .org, a network to get .net, nor a commercial entity to get .com.

The only ones with actual hurdles are .edu/.gov and country based ones. They probably went with .com because it's inherently cheap compared with .info/.co (etc).

You're missing the point. I think it's a fake set up to take advantage of insecure women who will flock to the cite to look for their man's info, or to rule out their man could be bad, whatever. It'll return nothing but I bet those emails addys get sold for a good penny.

Bad for everyone.

As if legality=morality.

Well, technically :
https://www.rosen.com/divorce/divorcearticles/alienation-of-affection-and-criminal-conversation/

In North Carolina, you may sue an individual who has caused a married person to suffer the loss of affection of their spouse, so long as the marriage was peaceful and intact at the time of the affair. In layman’s terms, you may sue your spouse’s paramour. To prove this case legally, however, you must satisfy the following:

You and your spouse were happily married and a genuine love and affection existed between you.
The love and affection was alienated and destroyed.
The wrongful and malicious acts of the defendant produced the alienation of affection.

That “malicious” part is presumed if there is proof of sexual intercourse.
BUT, malice does not always mean sexual intercourse.

As this cause of action has been around for nearly a century, there are numerous judicial opinions that have established more detailed rules with regard to NC alienation of affection and how to prove the elements above.

For instance, it is not necessary for you to prove that the mistress actually set out to destroy your marriage, simply showing that she engaged in acts that would have a foreseeable impact on your marriage is enough.

Additionally, for this claim to survive, you do not have to prove your marriage was perfect, completely blissful, and problem free. Showing that there was some love and affection between you and your spouse is sufficient.

This claim will also survive even if you cannot prove that the mistress was the one in fact doing the “luring,” and it was your spouse who initiated contact and pursued her. You have a claim if you can prove that the person you are suing was an active participant, initiated, or encouraged the affair.

Read in another article there were tens of thousands of .gov and .mil addresses. If you seriously signed up for that with your military or government domain...but sadly not surprised.

Combine this, the OPM breach, let the blackmailing and espionage begin (or continue, I guess...)

Why? All DoD retirees have a .mil address. It's how the government contacts them with benefits information etc. DoD Contractors who are not actually government employees also have .mil addresses. I would have to assume that Contractors for other Government organizations would either get .doj or .gov addresses as well.

I can easily see a civilian contractor employee use their government associated email address for this stuff cause their spouse would be unlikely to even know of it's existance much less gain access to it. Doubly so for a retiree.

Oh, but Twisted, you are correct about the potential for blackmail, but no more so then any other victim in the breach.

I'm claiming BS on this as well. 32 million accounts. 95% men. 50% of US population is male. It means that 20% of men are cheating or at least looking to cheat?

Take a look around where you work and ask if that makes sense to you. Sure, there may be some guys you might peg as being that scummy, but 20%? I doubt it.

It would be much higher than that. There are ~120 million married individuals in the USA. Let's just assume a 50/50 split. Assuming no duplicated emails, it would be more than 50% of married men on that site. Now sure, there obviously are duplicates, but I doubt your average guy is using 3 to 4 emails for a paying service. And that doesn't take into account men who are cheating or want to cheat who just aren't using that site.

Regardless, I think this is proof positive that we should just abolish monogamy and marriage altogether. After all, for all you women out there (and some men too), if this data is correct, you have better odds that your husband is cheating on you than he's faithful.

You're overlooking the fact that the picking happens among a vast pool of bottom-feeders where bars are concerned. Sure if you don't mind slumming it or whatever, you can do something like that, but it's not a good thing for picking out higher quality company that can do something like enjoy reading the same book instead of screaming and howling at their TV as if it makes the person on it carrying a ball run faster.

That's based on the assumption that the proportion of women looking for non-superficiality in men are greater than the proportion of men looking for non-superficiality in women. It's false. 99% of men look for one and only one thing in women: physical looks. 99% of women look for one or both of two things: physical looks, money. This is true of both men and women on dating sites and in bars/clubs/wherever else. Whether it is just sex, casual dating, serious dating, relationships, marriage, or having kids together, the decision is made on the exact same factors every time by 99% of both men and women.

That's based on the assumption that the proportion of women looking for non-superficiality in men are greater than the proportion of men looking for non-superficiality in women. It's false. 99% of men look for one and only one thing in women: physical looks. 99% of women look for one or both of two things: physical looks, money. This is true of both men and women on dating sites and in bars/clubs/wherever else. Whether it is just sex, casual dating, serious dating, relationships, marriage, or having kids together, the decision is made on the exact same factors every time by 99% of both men and women.

Naaa, I was taught to go ugly early :p

Never messed with the "married but looking" ladies...figured they had a screw loose (this is not a double entendre).

I never under stood people dating someone who is married, and wanting to marry them.
What would they get? Someone who cheats on the person they are married to.

As for the moral issues of the hackers leaking this information.
Would anyone care if this was a list of people who visited an ice cream shop and what flavor they bought? The answer is no. These people who have had their information leaked know they where doing something wrong/immoral, and are now afraid of the consequences.

I'm not sure how accurate this is. I made up a few random addresses, including a few from a domain I just registered a few weeks ago and it said 3 of the 5 were on the list, lol.

And now the ashleymadisonleakeddata.com site says this:

:(

I created this site as I believed that users should have the right to know if their email and data was compromised. Unfortunately I received a takedown notice so I will be shutting down this site, sorry for the inconvenience.

I smell an email harvesting scam.

In other news, journalists going through the actual files have found their first celebrity in the list: Josh Duggar.

moral of the story... do not cheat on your significant other lol... pun intended.

And now the ashleymadisonleakeddata.com site says this:

I smell an email harvesting scam.

In other news, journalists going through the actual files have found their first celebrity in the list: Josh Duggar.

Then that is a massive Libel lawsuit. Posting names which might be innocent could cause immeasurable damage to innocent people.

The problem with hackers releasing this information is they appoint themselves, "Judge" "Jury" and "Executioner"

Yet if you say, "But you broke the law breaking into computers and stealing data, so you would turn yourself in" they would shrug their shoulders.

In other words, they are hypocrites.

You eventually have to pay for personal indiscretions one way or another. A sinner have an accounting with someone. Unfortunately there's a lot of innocents that will be hurt because of this. And the hackers could care less.

And they were foolish. Whoever released this data will be rubbed out by a hit by someone rich and powerful, or who's life was destroyed by the data breech.

Then that is a massive Libel lawsuit. Posting names which might be innocent could cause immeasurable damage to innocent people.

The problem with hackers releasing this information is they appoint themselves, "Judge" "Jury" and "Executioner"

Yet if you say, "But you broke the law breaking into computers and stealing data, so you would turn yourself in" they would shrug their shoulders.

In other words, they are hypocrites.

You eventually have to pay for personal indiscretions one way or another. A sinner have an accounting with someone. Unfortunately there's a lot of innocents that will be hurt because of this. And the hackers could care less.

And they were foolish. Whoever released this data will be rubbed out by a hit by someone rich and powerful, or who's life was destroyed by the data breech.

What the hell you smoking?!

Bad for everyone.

As if legality=morality.

I think they just don't want to be held accountable for their actions in life after it all end. ;)
But now, they are definitely going to be held accountable by their spouses! :D

I never under stood people dating someone who is married, and wanting to marry them.
What would they get? Someone who cheats on the person they are married to.

As for the moral issues of the hackers leaking this information.
Would anyone care if this was a list of people who visited an ice cream shop and what flavor they bought? The answer is no. These people who have had their information leaked know they where doing something wrong/immoral, and are now afraid of the consequences.

Actually, you are wrong on a couple different aspects.

1st, not everyone who has an account on the site is married. The site markets it's services as secure and confidential and encourages married individuals to join, but you don't have to be married nor does the site check one's marital status.

2nd, the members are citizens from 46 different countries which means many different cultures are represented and it's a sure fire bet that in some of them, issues of fidelity are limited to quality audio recordings.

3rd, even a married indivdual who is from a culture where this miight be embarasing may not even give a damn if other people find out. They may just use the site because they find it a convient hook up with whoever it is they like hooking up with.

Hmm, this article claims that a meta-analysis shows that "34 percent of men and 24 percent of women have engaged in extramarital sexual activities." I find that really really hard to believe. The math on the number of relationships in which at least one partner is likely to have cheated seems insanely high.

I would assume not as the children wouldn't have their own credit card to sign up. He would have been on http://www.sesamestreet.org/

Probably not this site.... but apparently people are saying Avid Media (I think) the parent company also does children sex trades or whatever you call em. I think the hacker's original threat also states that.

Back