Hackers Break HD DVD Copy Protection

Am I the only one that has the "DONT COPY THAT FLOPPY!" tune raging through my head right now? :D

ahhh, the usual " but it is so expensive" so get a dam job

i got a news flash for you, you wont be able to buy everything you want in life, you wont lik %100 of movies released, so that "%70 is crap" is crap,

$20 for a DVD of a mvie i like and will watch over and over is pocket change for me and i will gladly pay it

i think more of todays problem is people WANT everything for free, these are the same people who complain $50 is too much for that new video game, but just dropped $500 on a new 8800GTX and $300 on 2G;s of ram to play said $50 game,

People seem to think they have a 'right" to own anything and that everything should fit i their budget and price range.

You dont like X movie, dont spend your $20 on it, think $20 costs too much, then you go and produce a movie and sell it on DVD for $5..... let me know when you file for bankruptcy so i can laugh at you.

The "$20 for a movie is too much" argument is flawed above and beyond the "stealing is wrong" rebuttal.

Just wait a year and go to Target. If it's still $20 it's very likely worth it. More likely it will cost much less. Can't hack the wait? That's your problem.

Or, get it on cable or On Demand or Netflix when it's out, and watch it for a few bucks. After all, if the quality of the movies are SO bad, they're not worth watching more than once, right? Plus, there's no pressing need for you to own that terrible movie either. Right?

Piracy sucks. So does DRM (and the MPAA and RIAA) but it's mostly a consequence of piracy.

You're right, we can just rent. I don't pirate movies anyway.

ahhh, the usual " but it is so expensive" so get a dam job

i got a news flash for you, you wont be able to buy everything you want in life, you wont lik %100 of movies released, so that "%70 is crap" is crap,

$20 for a DVD of a mvie i like and will watch over and over is pocket change for me and i will gladly pay it

i think more of todays problem is people WANT everything for free, these are the same people who complain $50 is too much for that new video game, but just dropped $500 on a new 8800GTX and $300 on 2G;s of ram to play said $50 game,

People seem to think they have a 'right" to own anything and that everything should fit i their budget and price range.

You dont like X movie, dont spend your $20 on it, think $20 costs too much, then you go and produce a movie and sell it on DVD for $5..... let me know when you file for bankruptcy so i can laugh at you.

Alright wise guy first of all, I'm far from broke. Second of all, $20 isn't pocket change to everyone, and even if it is for you, that still has NO bearing on whether something is well-priced or not. Just because $400,000 is pocket change for Bill Gates doesn't make a fucking ferrari a good deal either.

And just because a movie doesn't appeal to my personal taste, doesn't mean I can't tell when absolutely no effort was put into its making. The Matrix and Snakes on a Plane were both $10 to watch in the theater, but one obviously costed a lot more to make, and had a lot more effort put in to it.

I understand where you're coming from with, "you need to fucking pay money if you want to fucking get stuff." Since I was working in retail until recently, I had to deal with people constantly bitching that "$300 for a computer package with a pentium 4, 15" lcd, and photo printer is so expensive!! What a scam!!" so I'm not disagreeing that people nowadays feel they're entitled to get shit for free, and that shit should always fit in their price range. People don't understand the fact that even if they're paying $800 for a computer, we only make $100, sometimes $50 profit off of it, and NO we shouldn't throw in a bunch of crap that costs us $200.

But you can't seriously try and tell me that if they charged less than $10 the movie companies would go broke? Yeah that's why fucking untalented actors who never did an honest days work can make tens of millions of dollars and continue their spoiled lives! The profit margin for the theaters themselves is razor thin, yes. I'm not arguing that. I'm speaking on the actual movie companies that charge the theater so much for the rights to play the movie, and charge us twice as much for the dvd. Are you seriously saying that they have thin margins!!??

In conclusion, no $20 isn't a big deal. But would it make sense if a steak dinner and a mcdonalds value meal were both $20? Try to understand this. SHIT THAT COSTS THE SAME SHOULD BE OF THE SAME QUALITY. THAT'S ALL I'M FUCKING SAYING.

I agree, not all movies are worth $20, those are the ones i wont buy, but what isnt worth $20 to you, might be to me.

$20 isn't pocket change to everyone, more my point was the people who complain about the prices of some things are the same ones who will drop the $500 on a video card and then think $20 is expensive for a movie.

Sure the studio's prob could charge $10 for a DVD, i think pending on how much the movie makes in theaters should reflect a retail price, but chances are if a movie flops in the threaters, people wont buy the DVD either, which would make them rethink their crappy movie.

Back