Hackers banning legit BF3 players?

People are willing to pay $25 a month for that shit? That's just so fucking sad.

Just so lame.

People are willing to pay $25 a month for that shit? That's just so fucking sad.

Just so lame.

LOL are you serious? And I hear gamers bitching about having to pay $15 a month for their favorite MMO's...what a fucked up world.

what a wonderfully fucked up stance you have on this. "i don't like this game so nobody should enjoy it!" seems like the sort of tantrum a 14 year old girl would throw.
It is what it is. I'm just grinning wryly as EA's own greed and incompetence tears the game apart.

The mod kit they teased (but never delivered) would have allowed players to plug their own map exploits, or design their own anti-cheat mods. EA made no bones about this game being a blatant cash grab, and this is just one of the ways that they're reaping the rewards of what they've sown. They really, truly deserve this, and so do the people who helped make the game profitable (myself included).

It's time for Battlefield 3 to die so EA and DICE can ask "where did we go wrong" and raise a good game from its ashes.

It is what it is. I'm just grinning wryly as EA's own incompetence tears the game apart.

It's time for Battlefield 3 to die so EA and DICE can ask "where did we go wrong" and raise a good game from its ashes.

Mmmm well said, I totally agree with this.

LOL are you serious? And I hear gamers bitching about having to pay $15 a month for their favorite MMO's...what a fucked up world.

That cost covers the deployment of massive servers that have to managed by an IT staff and then there is a phone support staff and there IT management and also web site management and bandwidth cost and overhead plus all federal , state and local tax issues and finally power costs for running 24/7 with Air Conditioners blowing at max to keep the servers from exploding. If you have millions of players you have to make back ups of your back ups of your back ups (some of them even have total off site back up solutions so that if there is a flood/fire/act of god all the data is stored safely) so you basically need 2 different server farms online ready to handle if one or the other nukes.

There is a fucking reason why the largest MMO's have monthly subs , comparing them to charging for hacks that will 99 percent of the time get you banned and possibly entirely from the game altogether and completely negate the point of game play to begin with online in a competitive MP game is not only pointless its just laughable.

Last edited:
What is the reason for DICE to use client side hit detection as opposed to server side? What would be the reason for that other than to offload xyz coordinates to the clients PC? Are multiple 6 core Xeons not able to process this? From the developer blogs the physics are done on the client side as well. Along with the audio processing. Maybe I am being silly; but what does the server do?
Not much.

I managed a BFBC2 server. The official docs from EA said that it should load up 50% of 1 core from a quad core xeon 5xxx series. The server companies then virtualize and run several game servers off of 1 box. I can't imagine there being much difference between BFBC2 and BF3, especially if everything is still client side. I still have the PDF somewhere on my hard drive. I will have to dig it up, it was a fun read.

Last edited:
It is what it is. I'm just grinning wryly as EA's own greed and incompetence tears the game apart.

The mod kit they teased (but never delivered) would have allowed players to plug their own map exploits, or design their own anti-cheat mods. EA made no bones about this game being a blatant cash grab, and this is just one of the ways that they're reaping the rewards of what they've sown. They really, truly deserve this, and so do the people who helped make the game profitable (myself included).

So because BF3 is a success, yet you think it sucks, BF3 should die? and to top it off you are happy that people who are enjoying the game they paid for are having a hard time? I cannot use the words which best describe you, without getting banned from the forum.

So because BF3 is a success, yet you think it sucks, BF3 should die? and to top it off you are happy that people who are enjoying the game they paid for are having a hard time? I cannot use the words which best describe you, without getting banned from the forum.

Agreed. Some of stupidity that gets posted here is embarrassing.

Its unfortunate that my words offend the sensibilities of the EA Defense Force, but that's the way it is.

EA screwed up badly, and players are having a hard time as a result. Cheating is rampant unless you have admins on your server watching like a hawk. If EA had even just released the mod tools they hinted at (which we know now was a falsehood they spewed just to snag a few more preorders), there would be dozens of player-designed solutions by now, and more coming every time a new hack or exploit showed up.

Now all of EA's customers are paying the price while EA laughs all the way to the bank. 90% of the game's sales are done in the first three months and they know it. They also know that people will forget what a terrible game they made next round and go "This time they won't screw it up! It will be great for sure!". And the cycle will continue.

Until people quit buying crap, this is what they're going to have to put up with. This is what we all get for rewarding mediocrity.

EA dicked over their customers first. Why are the customers getting mad when some hackers dick them over a second time?

Last edited:

Hi Wabe.

Peter King...is that you...?

Yes, BF3 was a success for them financially, and yet it sucks because of all the issues that have gone largely un-addressed, not to mention all the little things that were inexplicably omitted from the PC version of the game which were no-brainers to carry over from BF2.

The fact that hackers are now brazen enough to do all this crap openly is the icing on the cake and hilarious.

They have no answers for all the issues, yet they have plenty of time to dilly dally around and modify a few values on some guns to "balance" them, tweak some attachment values and call it a patch.

Perhaps you should take your frustrations out on EA/Dice. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You know...these types of hacks have been around forever? Why are people upset about this now? Regardless of the cheat method used, this stuff has been used for years. I can remember these subscription based hacks or pay-to-hack programs existing back in '03.

Either people forget or they just weren't around. But come on. Regardless of the cheat detection used, people will always find a way to cheat. Deal with it or stop gaming. I bet if someone cheats at a board game, some of these guys would be the ones who flip the table saying it's the games fault. :rolleyes:

Honestly, this is really a multi-faceted issue. Punkbuster, EA for using Punkbuster, and the cheaters. So, let's get some perspectives here. Because people are really turning a blind eye to simple truths in this thread to use it as a way to validate whatever beef they have with the game itself.

You know...these types of hacks have been around forever? Why are people upset about this now? Regardless of the cheat method used, this stuff has been used for years. I can remember these subscription based hacks or pay-to-hack programs existing back in '03.

Either people forget or they just weren't around. But come on. Regardless of the cheat detection used, people will always find a way to cheat. Deal with it or stop gaming. I bet if someone cheats at a board game, some of these guys would be the ones who flip the table saying it's the games fault. :rolleyes:

Perhaps, but what I've noticed is the frequency and prominence of cheating in this game is rather alarming. Just the fact that this game is most people's first ever personal encounter with a cheater says it all.

For a game of this magnitude you would think DICE/EA/PB/ANYONE WITH ANY SENSE OF ACCOUNTABILITY would've done something to save their own reputation and nip the issues in the bud before it snowballed into it's current state-out of control.

That cost covers the deployment of massive servers that have to managed by an IT staff and then there is a phone support staff and there IT management and also web site management and bandwidth cost and overhead plus all federal , state and local tax issues and finally power costs for running 24/7 with Air Conditioners blowing at max to keep the servers from exploding. If you have millions of players you have to make back ups of your back ups of your back ups (some of them even have total off site back up solutions so that if there is a flood/fire/act of god all the data is stored safely) so you basically need 2 different server farms online ready to handle if one or the other nukes.

There is a fucking reason why the largest MMO's have monthly subs , comparing them to charging for hacks that will 99 percent of the time get you banned and possibly entirely from the game altogether and completely negate the point of game play to begin with online in a competitive MP game is not only pointless its just laughable.

Umm...I understand all that. I just found it funny (as yourself) that someone would actually pay a subscription fee for a hack when game subscriptions to play monthly are even less.

I bought BF3 and the DLC, and I have had around 110hrs of gameplay. Connection problems up the wazoo, and if they don't fix the problems soon, I will not buy BF4 or whatever.

Perhaps, but what I've noticed is the frequency and prominence of cheating in this game is rather alarming. Just the fact that this game is most people's first ever personal encounter with a cheater says it all.

For a game of this magnitude you would think DICE/EA/PB/ANYONE WITH ANY SENSE OF ACCOUNTABILITY would've done something to save their own reputation and nip the issues in the bud before it snowballed into it's current state-out of control.

I have to say that I've been quickly changing my mind about the state of cheating. I've previously stated that it was on the super rare side, but I think part of that was due to the inconvenience for some people finding cheats, and the servers I tend to play on had an active community and mods who would enforce the rules.

Not to do with BF3, but several other games I have been playing lately have shown me that cheating is far more rampant, and that services such as Punkbuster are a necessary evil. Even on consoles, the numbers are the same, if given an opportunity to cheat without enforcement of the rules.

My latest gaming addiction has been Dungeon Defenders, and quite honestly, even on the 360, I have yet to be in a multiplayer game without at least one person who brazenly cheats, and the multiplayer only supports 4 players. (Granted, I'm only talking about 50 games with around 150 other players). MS doesn't do anything about it, the developer on the PC seems to be lax on it, and even in the games themselves, people are asking how to cheat, etc.

Its unfortunate that my words offend the sensibilities of the EA Defense Force, but that's the way it is.

EA screwed up badly, and players are having a hard time as a result. Cheating is rampant unless you have admins on your server watching like a hawk. If EA had even just released the mod tools they hinted at (which we know now was a falsehood they spewed just to snag a few more preorders), there would be dozens of player-designed solutions by now, and more coming every time a new hack or exploit showed up.

Now all of EA's customers are paying the price while EA laughs all the way to the bank. 90% of the game's sales are done in the first three months and they know it. They also know that people will forget what a terrible game they made next round and go "This time they won't screw it up! It will be great for sure!". And the cycle will continue.

Until people quit buying crap, this is what they're going to have to put up with. This is what we all get for rewarding mediocrity.

EA dicked over their customers first. Why are the customers getting mad when some hackers dick them over a second time?

Peter King...is that you...?

Yes, BF3 was a success for them financially, and yet it sucks because of all the issues that have gone largely un-addressed, not to mention all the little things that were inexplicably omitted from the PC version of the game which were no-brainers to carry over from BF2.

The fact that hackers are now brazen enough to do all this crap openly is the icing on the cake and hilarious.

They have no answers for all the issues, yet they have plenty of time to dilly dally around and modify a few values on some guns to "balance" them, tweak some attachment values and call it a patch.

Perhaps you should take your frustrations out on EA/Dice. :rolleyes:

two of the most ridiculous, sensationalist posts i've seen in a long time. no rational thought whatsoever.

two of the most ridiculous, sensationalist posts i've seen in a long time. no rational thought whatsoever.

:confused:

sensationalism [sɛnˈseɪʃənəˌlɪzəm]
n
1. the use of sensational language, etc., to arouse an intense emotional response, especially in writing, journalism, or politics.

hmmm I fail to see how my statement is sensationalist? I haven't said anything that was not true or grossly exaggerated.
If you don't think the problems in this game are rampant and out of control, then hey fine ignorance is bliss right, you've blinded yourself to obvious problems, so be it.

After 290 hours I've lost motivation to play daily, yet the hilarity of this whole situation still engrosses me. For me, this game is that lamborghini in an accident on the side of the highway that everyone is slowing down to get a better look at.

Seems rather rational to me, albeit a little emotional...doesn't make his points less true.

the sensationalist remark is directed at fattypants' post. the only thing you said that i find moronic is "The fact that hackers are now brazen enough to do all this crap openly is the icing on the cake and hilarious." a bunch of pent-up teens fucking with people's accounts and hiding behind a veil of 'fighting a greater cause' is nothing to cheer for. they're doing it because they're bored and want to fuck with people. nothing more.

i don't like volkswagens, that doesn't mean i want VW owners to get their shit broken into because some dipshit decided it was the best way to expose a flaw in VW's security system. that example is over the top, but a better one escapes me. you get the idea.

LOL. Yes, they will realize their mistake in leaving you and come crawling back. Just keep waiting for it, I'm sure they must realize at some point.

Back