H8QGL-IF+ in Blackhawk Ultra case?

plext0r

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Is anyone currently running a quad G34 inside a Rosewill Blackhawk-Ultra? I had been considering running naked, but I'd like the rig to be self-contained and clean-looking. NewEgg has a $20 rebate on the case bringing it down to $149 with free shipping.

I'm starting with musky'fied 212+ coolers, but might upgrade to water cooling in the future. Is there a better case for the same money that works well with quad G34?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Is anyone currently running a quad G34 inside a Rosewill Blackhawk-Ultra? I had been considering running naked, but I'd like the rig to be self-contained and clean-looking. NewEgg has a $20 rebate on the case bringing it down to $149 with free shipping.

I'm starting with musky'fied 212+ coolers, but might upgrade to water cooling in the future. Is there a better case for the same money that works well with quad G34?

Thanks.

That is a rebranded Xigmatek Elysium...
So yes it fan fit... As that is where harbringer resides...with its 3 radiators.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1619088&highlight=harbringer

Haf 932 can fit the board using the cases existing mounting holes.

SWTX will need more holes no matter what...
You will find that some holes usable but not enough to securely mount a board.

So yes a GL will fit but its not like dropping in an ATX board.

Halfway down in this thread there is a HAF shown with the holes that line up and the ones that don't...
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1652906

Last edited:
SWTX will need more holes no matter what...
You will find that some holes usable but not enough to securely mount a board.

So yes a GL will fit but its not like dropping in an ATX board.

Halfway down in this thread there is a HAF shown with the holes that line up and the ones that don't...
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1652906

Your right I forgot about the three in the middle, I cut the thread off three spacers (stand-offs) and glued them to the case.

The two at the top right can be attached without modification though, if you stack 4 spacers (stand-offs) and bend two (one for each hole) of those U shaped bis of metal in the case you can attach a nut on the other side.

The sideways U shaped things between the grill and the main tray, right above the red dots.
HPIM2527_1.jpg

Thanks guys. I had read the 2P and 4P system guide, but somehow glossed over the HAF 932 piece. It wasn't clear to me what the red vs. blue ovals meant. :)

I like the interior of the Blackhawk since it's so huge and allows for internal rads, etc. Considering the price of the two cases is similar and I'm not too concerned about the size, I'm leaning toward the Blackhawk.

I find the blackhawk nice and big, but on the cheap side of construction.

That's comparing my Corsair 6650d to it.. A $170 case vs $200.

Thanks guys. I had read the 2P and 4P system guide, but somehow glossed over the HAF 932 piece. It wasn't clear to me what the red vs. blue ovals meant. :)

I like the interior of the Blackhawk since it's so huge and allows for internal rads, etc. Considering the price of the two cases is similar and I'm not too concerned about the size, I'm leaning toward the Blackhawk.

I have Internal rads on my Haf 932, I have a 120x240x40mm (most rads are 25mm thick) on top and a 120x120x40mm at the back, both inside the case.
I could have fitted a 120x360x40mm or 120x360x25mm Rad at the top
Both are inside the case.

If I find a camera I will take pics.

Though If you have the space and the ability to move a larger case I see no point in not getting a bigger one.

Back