H80i worse than H50?

///AMG

2[H]4U
I just bought my H80i and installed it to replace my H50 as the pump was going out. Anyways first time I installed it it was performing worse than my H50 by 5c on idle but same on load. I reinstalled a second time and same results. So I went to corsair forums to see and apparently I installed the backplate wrong so I reinstalled the right way and temps went down 3c. But again its still worse than my H50 as my H50 idles around 37-42 and the H80i idles at 44c. Makes no sense, the stock fans that came with the H80i are also stupid loud. Am I doing something wrong? I mean I did have a 2 fan setup with the H50 but the fans I used for my H50 pushed considerably less air. So on paper the H50 should not be competing against my new H80i right?

To note: the H80i fans apparently have a RMA for them on all old 3pins like the ones that came with mine. Corsair is replacing them with 4pin PWMs that I am not sure perform any better or worse but are supposed to fix the high pitched noise.

Really depends. Even with lower RPM fans the H50 may have been able to push more air through the fins as it's thinner. Other than that I don't know, might be from bad fans with the H80i. Only once you get the new ones will you be able to tell.

Back