H2O Cooling for evga 680 MB?

theseeker

2[H]4U
Curious to know if any one has done any H2O cooling for this MB? I am about to build a new system with this MB and I would appreciate any input you may have.

As for watercooling it, danger den has blocks that will cool the two chips. Not the most elegant but functional.

You might want to think twice about the board...... but that's another thread all together.

Sorry for the OTP...

Wow! My two favorite people in the same thread! So what's a 680? (Just goggled it) What in the world do you want a 775 for???

As for watercooling it, danger den has blocks that will cool the two chips. Not the most elegant but functional.

You might want to think twice about the board...... but that's another thread all together.

I have checked the MB from A-Z and it appears to be the best solution. In the event you have a better answer, please let me know. I will PM you with my e-mail.

has Top Nurse been hybernating in a cryogenic compartment for the last couple months or something?

No... but I am getting ready to start doing some modding again! Been busy building a vBulletin forum and a Joomla! site for the last year.

BTW, what's so good about the EVga 680 MB? Am I going to have to ditch my A8N-SLI without even using it?
bit-smilie-cry.gif

No... but I am getting ready to start doing some modding again! Been busy building a vBulletin forum and a Joomla! site for the last year.

BTW, what's so good about the EVga 680 MB? Am I going to have to ditch my A8N-SLI without even using it?
bit-smilie-cry.gif

Take a stroll on over to the Intel forum. The new Core 2 Duos are tearing it up.

What software is capable of using a dual processor chip?

Take your pick.

Almost any new or recent game.

Photoshop, encoding programs, folding, my ATM program I made for my programming class...

Just about everything is multi-threaded these days, and if it isn't that just means you can multitask and run two non-multithreaded programs on two different cores.

I have checked the MB from A-Z and it appears to be the best solution. In the event you have a better answer, please let me know. I will PM you with my e-mail.

Strongly advise you wait for new board, they are just starting to appear now.

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28369

This post is not an Evga flame, actually I think its awesome customer service on their part, but does highlight the fact there is something "not quite right" with the current design and a new buyer would be wise to hold off just a bit.

I picked up the evga MB, C2D CPU and the new memory today. The evga MB is a very sexy Mb to say the least. I am relegating the old dually system to pure server duties back at the office.
The new system will have dual loops, one for the CPU and one for the GPU's. I am awaiting the arrival of the Aquaduct 360 and the AquagraFX 8800 GTX coolers and it appears that I will be waiting a good while longer. The good news is that I have enough fittings, tubing and other miscellaneous parts left over from the Tempest days that I will not run out of parts! BTW, I have been playing around with a dual Aquadrive in the dually and it works much better than I expected. Unfortunately, the Aquadrive does not work with Raptors as they are a bit to wide. Having said that I have three dual Aquadrives still in bubble wrap that have never been opened, so let me know if any of you Aqua addicts want one.

Hey, long time no see, eh? Just wondering, what happened with Tempest?

Hey, long time no see, eh? Just wondering, what happened with Tempest?

I started Tempest as a hobby for my retirement. I truly enjoy computers, builing models and working with metals and wood. However, my passion is power and protecting the environment, so when duty calls I always answer the phone!
http://www.huntonenergy.com/index.htm

When this project is completed the Tempest may resurface. RS

Here's my water cooled 680i when it worked:

74256962.jpg

Danger Den 775 TDX and a Danger Den 680i chipset block. I'm selling the TDX if you're interested.

I wish you luck on the EVGA 680i venture, mine has spent more time down than running, I received an rma board today and it made it 1 hour before dying. I'm beyond 30 days, so I'm stuck with this steaming pile, but you still have time to get out of it!

I've got mine on water, including the southbridge. I have a TDX on the E6600, the D-Den 680i block, and a D-Den DFI Maze4 on the southbridge, although using this here blocks the top PCI-E 16x slot. I'm running the 8800gtx (with a D-Den block, but don't buy these) in the bottom slot, even though everyone tells me that its impossible and in doing so I'm breaking the third law or something.

I just bought a AC Twinplex Pro SLI to replace the maze4 so that I can use the top slot (SLI :D ) I'll let you know how that works when it arrives.

Back