• Buy Alphacool Eisbare 360 CPU and Alphacool Eiswolf 120 GPX Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy EK Aluminum A240G Kit and add EK-FG 360 expansion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unter Dog

Limp Gawd
So i recently moved and my H105 Died. Not really keen on waiting on however long Corsair will take to complete the RMA. I don't like wasting money but have no real issue spending on any of these options. I'd sell my H105 I went with another option. Been thinking of adding an AIO to my graphics card so this is a good excuse to upgrade.

I'm relatively lazy for PC building as i design computers for a living so tinkering to me feels like work and not play.

My case is a Deep Silence 6 so it should hold any of the options. I'm cooling a 5820K currently at 4.2GHz, probably push more depending on options. Graphics Card is 1080Ti Founders currently stock but would OC on water.

Workload is gaming, encoding, and some power supply simulations. I live in Denver so any Micro Center options may be entertained also.

Thanks for the Input

You know, you could take the plunge and build a custom loop. If you a re considering adding a cooler to the GPU, why not?

Well, I was advised, then if going with EKWB aluminium kit, you need 2nd rad - no way you can OC CPU and 1080 Ti, single slim 240 rad will be enough. Also, if you go with aluminium, you will propably need 2080 ti FE edition, because they said, they will do only generic cards blocks.

But, if you add AIO toGPU and buy top end CPU AIO, you will be in price range of EKWB alu loop. Though, if you are too lazy, you can go with Alphacool Eisbaer/Eiswolf which are prefilled expandable AIOs and cost as much as a240g.

You know, you could take the plunge and build a custom loop. If you a re considering adding a cooler to the GPU, why not?
Mainly just laziness. An off the shelf kit is probably as custom as I'd attempt. That is why I listed the EK aluminum, since they are great bang for buck for water and I don't have to plan.

If I'm being honest with myself I probably should just slap in a D15S in and move on.

Mainly just laziness. An off the shelf kit is probably as custom as I'd attempt. That is why I listed the EK aluminum, since they are great bang for buck for water and I don't have to plan.

If I'm being honest with myself I probably should just slap in a D15S in and move on.

I would just add that if you're going to go Lego, skip the Duplos and get the real big kid Lego kit.

the alu kit would be the "sysem" sets not duplos. duplos would be aios, alu would be system and all copper technics/mindstorm.

Slapped a D15S on to just get running for now. Funny part is it runs cooler and quieter overclocked, at least for gaming, than my H105. That may have just been a poor instillation or ~3 year old thermal paste.

I may also wait for the bigger Rad Al kits from EK. I thought they were eventually coming out.

Following up, thanks for the help.

Went nocuta NH-D15 and I’m running 10C cooler.

Also went with an AIO from EVGA for the 1080ti, and is in the high 40’s gaming. Need to drive fan from motherboard to make quieter for a few deg C.

Note I don’t recommend the EVGA kit for the 1080ti due to the fan clearance issues. Had to dremel it like many others to keep the fan from rubbing on the shroud. For the price of that kit EVGA should be ashamed of the half ass product they put out.

Back