H100i Pro will not sit flush

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got a H100i pro replacement from corsair for my H100i whose fans had started to give out but for some reason no matter how hard I try I cannot get the base to have good contact with the CPU, it barely touches and the processor heats up to 90c just idling. Reinstalled the retention plate couple of times, made sure everything is tight, replaced stock paste with AS5 etc. to no avail. Seems like it just won't make good contact at all. Have a xeon 1660 v5 e3. H100i was mostly fine apart from the fans. Any thoughts/ideas? Am tempted to just replace the fans with the new ones and use the old radiator to avoid wasting more time on it. Anyone else encountered something similar? The box for the new one was marked refurb fwiw and I paid for advance RMA....

Turns out was my bad : accidentally used the 2011 mounting stand offs from the H100i which are taller compared to the H100i pro. Back to normal now. Can't say performance has improved much in terms of cooling but stock fans are much quieter: may be the AS5 will cure some and temps will be lower than previously (just mad ended up having to toss the preapplied tim which is likely a bit better due to this mistake).Ah well...live and learn..getting old...

Just in time to get another 3-4 years of cooling. Of course if you use air cooling they don't fail in 4-5 years. On good ones even the fans last longer, and then it's only fan that can fail. Of course it might need an updated mount to use on a new system.

Back