H100i platinum + Commander pro questions

Hokies83

Limp Gawd
Never used icue, but curious if the fans on the h100 will sync with the case fans via commander pro?

depends on what case fans you have. If your case fans are ML RGB's and you have 4 or less, then you can just plug the 2 fans from the H100i to the Commander Pro and they will be synced the RGB effects.
I have the H115i Pro Platinum and a Commander Pro and use the ML140 RGB as the rear exhaust fan hooked to the RGB header on the H115 since my other 5 fans are HD Pro's and I also have Lighting Strips.
The second ML140 is still in the box.

you can't mix and match different series of fans on the rgb hub and lighting channels.

IMG_3516.JPG

icue-01.jpg icue-02.jpg icue-03.jpg

Instant Lighting (feature on the top of the menu) will change every iCue item to the color you select,

icue-04.jpg

Last edited:
depends on what case fans you have. If your case fans are ML RGB's and you have 4 or less, then you can just plug the 2 fans from the H100i to the Commander Pro and they will be synced the RGB effects.
I have the H115i Pro Platinum and a Commander Pro and use the ML140 RGB as the rear exhaust fan hooked to the RGB header on the H115 since my other 5 fans are HD Pro's and I also have Lighting Strips.
The second ML140 is still in the box.

you can't mix and match different series of fans on the rgb hub and lighting channels.

View attachment 190947

View attachment 190951 View attachment 190952 View attachment 190953

Instant Lighting (feature on the top of the menu) will change every iCue item to the color you select,

View attachment 190956

Yeah I have 3 HD120s and the ones on the h100 platinum.
Thought maybe they could be synchronized in kinda like you would the hd120s and Corsair Ram?

Yeah I have 3 HD120s and the ones on the h100 platinum.
Thought maybe they could be synchronized in kinda like you would the hd120s and Corsair Ram?

Looks like most of the Lighting Link modes work across all devices, Visor doesn't work and Color wave works but ML fan isn't in sync with the HD fans.
icue-05.jpg IMG_3537.JPG

Hey zephyr just got it all installed.
The h100 block colors are working fine, I have the fans plugged into the block power / rgb headers but the fans won’t change colors are will only display a static color?

Hey zephyr just got it all installed.
The h100 block colors are working fine, I have the fans plugged into the block power / rgb headers but the fans won’t change colors are will only display a static color?

Do you have the right fans selected in the Lighting setup in the software?
icue-06.jpg

And you can drag and select individual or a range of the LEDS and apply effects to the selected ones.

Make sure that you are selecting all the LEDs on both fans.

Here I have 3 modes on my Pump. Visor for the bottom row of LEDs, give it the Knight Rider look, Center has Temp, and the top 3 are Solid Green.

icue-07.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I have ML 120s selected,
Also only 1 fan shows up selectable for the rgb effects but both are spinning

Yea I have ML 120s selected,
Also only 1 fan shows up selectable for the rgb effects but both are spinning

unplug them and plug them back in, maybe the connection isn't solid.

F073779D-3492-47DF-8C4F-35DB388330FF.jpeg
6453CE76-EBB9-488A-ABF8-7F03BFB4233E.jpeg
40E9AB7F-58B7-4667-A237-A5819BA88946.jpeg
Only one fan shows up in icue for rgb control but it shows its rpm.

FD141B2D-41A5-4E5F-938E-31A0DBB23B76.jpeg
Yea I’ve un day plugged a bunch of times and swapped rgb headers still can only get one light to work on that rear one,

When I plug the other fan into that port it doesn’t have any lights.

I find it odd that you have 1 fan showing and 2 installed and I have 2 fans showing and only 1 installed.
Oh, maybe because I have the 2 HD140's hooked up up the the pump header so it's seeing that I have 2 fans hooked up.

do you have the both fan headers plugged into the H100 pump?

to clarify my setup, the ML has the RGB header hooked to the H115 and the fan header hooked to the Commander Pro since it's being used as an exhaust.
The 2 HD140's have the RGB hooked up to the Corsair Fan hub and the fan headers hooked up to the H115 since those are on the radiator.

Last edited:
Could it be because my h100 is plugged into my commander pros USB port?

I’ve read that it’s not supposed to cause any issues

And heck once the pc boots into Windows the one fans less go dark, and just that one has that one led.

Strangest stuff I’ve ever seen lol

swap the rgb headers between the fans, maybe you have a bum fan

swap the rgb headers between the fans, maybe you have a bum fan
Done that several times to.

Only thing left is plugging the icue plug from the block into the MB and not the commander pro

Done that several times to.

Only thing left is plugging the icue plug from the block into the MB and not the commander pro
ya, give that a shot. I have mine and the PSU hooked up to the commanders hub.

Looks like I got a bad one.... nothing seems to work,
Rma with Corsair or Amazon.... probably amazon...

Looks like I got a bad one.... nothing seems to work,
Rma with Corsair or Amazon.... probably amazon...
Amazon would be the fastest and cheapest as they will cover the shipping back and send you another one as soon as they get confirmation that you dropped it off at a drop off center.

Plug the pump in to the CPU fan header on the motherboard, & plug all the Corsair RGB fans in to the Commander Pro making sure that you stay in numerical order,ie 1-2-3-4 not 1-2-4-5 as the latter would only let the first 2 fans operate. In the iCue settings for the Commander, make sure each fan port is set to Auto.

Plug the pump in to the CPU fan header on the motherboard, & plug all the Corsair RGB fans in to the Commander Pro making sure that you stay in numerical order,ie 1-2-3-4 not 1-2-4-5 as the latter would only let the first 2 fans operate. In the iCue settings for the Commander, make sure each fan port is set to Auto.
Tried and still no go. Really is a shame the lian li dynamic Razer looks so good, hate to have takenit apart again and avoid finger prints

Attachments

• 3BA538A5-3542-4D11-989B-14A6FE787607.jpeg
    3BA538A5-3542-4D11-989B-14A6FE787607.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 0
Advance rma from amazon be here Monday, fingers crossed for no issues

Got my RMA today, lighting all works great,
But pump is very loud with a whine noise on quiet mode, has a gurgle sound in balanced and quiet in extreme mode,

Hoping it’s just some air bubbles and will work itself out over a few days.

if you flip the tubes up and then tilt the case back it should free up most of the air in the block. then run it for a bit with the tubes still up. once its quiet you can flip the tubes back down.

I gotta upload a current vid, this is from a couple of years ago when I got the Corsair Lighting Node Pro,

Lol love the music,
I thought about the rgb strips to light up the gpu, but I’m waiting for Corsair to do a solid light instead of independent ones, so the light isn’t broken up.

Also considering a RTX 2080 super waterforce as my next gpu, if I could get the aio under the cooler master bracket I know fan wont fit on one side of the rad, but will on the second side.

if you flip the tubes up and then tilt the case back it should free up most of the air in the block. then run it for a bit with the tubes still up. once its quiet you can flip the tubes back down.
Amazon gave me $40 credit to deal with it lol, quiet mode is unbearable loud, but now balanced mode has quieted down some, seems they may work themselves out in time,

Back