H100 noise while pump is horizontal.

FM_Fixxxer

Limp Gawd
Hi all. I've had an H-100 for a while now. My first one had that terrible pump grinding, and I had it RMA'd and this one has been flawless. I moved from a standard half tower case to a Cooler Master HAF XB today, and now there is this tiny rattle from the pump. When i tap the pump a few times, or flick the tubes, it goes away for a few seconds. When I tip the case up, and leave it like that, with the rad/front panel in the air, it also goes away. However when I leave it in the normal horizontal motherboard position it has the rattle. Is this just an air bubble? Do you think that letting it run over night in the normal case position will allow it to eventually work its way to the rad?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Your first H100 was probably never flawed that you RMA'd. The main flaw to the H100 is that it makes that loud ticking sound when you have the power plugged into a GOOD psu that delivers a tad more than 12v to the 12v molex power connector. Your only two solutions are to plug it into something that interrupts the power a bit (like a fan controller) or use an older/shittier PSU that only delivers 12v or a tad less over the molex connectors. I know this from experiencing when switching from a Corsair AX1200 to an older Flextronics 1200w.

I know why and how the first incident happened. It was a block of serials that was effected. And they shipped me a new one, which I then used with the SAME PSU, with out the fan controller and it didn't make the sound. There was a flawed batch, and my first unit was from said batch. This is a solid unit only making sounds in a horizontal position and not vertical. I said I had a bad one, and that this was a good one. I have a Corsair HX1000, it's a good PSU, and the new H-100 that was sent to me (this current one) didn't make the noise being hooked up to the same psu that the first (noisy) one was on. It was clearly a defective H-100. Also It's not even CLOSE to the same sound as the flawed H-100s. That was loud as hell. This is a tiny snipping bubbling sound. I just want to know if other people have experienced this.

All that aside, if you don't have an answer for my actual question, I don't need a history lesson on the H-100.

Well then don't say "any advice would be greatly appreciated." You mentioned you got a new case. Therefore, your old case might have had a fan controller or maybe your new one does now. I don't know that's why I brought it up incase you had it plugged into a controller before and you don't now so that's why the sound started. Geeesh.

Any advice regarding my question. I had clearly stated that this unit didn't make the pump grinding sound, and that I had returned one that did. I know what this is, and this isn't it, which is why I stated all that. Bringing up something I said it wasn't wastes both our time. Geeesh.

Back