H100 Mod -Homemade Copper pipe rad, need advice

NeonGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to make a old school rad for my corsair h100 only if it will cool better than stock.
I want to make this to fit on a 200 mm fan on my half case.
I will use smaller copper tubing and make it fit the 200 mm fan nicely rounded.
I can see the amount of liquid needed might b 3 to 4x more, is the pump strong enough ?

Will the h100 pump work for this mod ?
will cooling be any better than stock rad.

pic of what i want to do except using a 200mm case fan on my half case not this big arse fan.:

fan1.jpg

Last edited:
I think the pump could handle it, but I honestly don't think it will perform any better than the stock rad. Rads have fins for a reason - they drastically increase surface area, which is absolutely key for effective cooling. Maybe I'm wrong, though. It's a total guess from me, haha!

I think the pump could handle it, but I honestly don't think it will perform any better than the stock rad. Rads have fins for a reason - they drastically increase surface area, which is absolutely key for effective cooling. Maybe I'm wrong, though. It's a total guess from me, haha!

You are right on the money! So no worry about being wrong :p

I would think it will probably cool worse (most likely significantly worse) than the default radiator due to the horrific surface area. The stock radiator likely has much more and thus much easier time getting rid of heat into something like the air.

please give it a try!!! and dont forget to post the finished product in the ghetto mods section.

Custom water loop with a 200mm radiator would be far more effective. Something like this is seriously not worth your time and defeats the purpose of an AIO cooler like the H100. If you want a pump/cpu block on one unit, Swiftech and Coolermaster will have what you need (if they haven't released them already).

Also, if you do it, don't blow the money on a H100. Get a H50 or H60. Then you aren't wasting money on the nicer rad of the H80/H100.

PS: That is SO ghetto.

As many have already said its pretty ghetto and is likely to perform worse, but please don't let that discourage you :D

Take lots of pics:p

Only collecting data from you guys at this point.

Looks like its not a good idea. I replaced the stock corsair fans with 3 antec fans and on high niose isnot bad at all. im getting 55c--61c on cores on my 2500k 4.4 ghz under prime with the h100.
my 2500k suck fro o/c ican only get 4.5

You're a mad scientist of water cooling with your ideas. Beware the torches and pitchforks are heading your way.

Back