[H] Thermal Compound TIM Round-up Candidates

D

Deleted member 184142

I read through and didn't see why no liquid metals as you stated in the first post? I know you have some on hand from the delidding, any reason for not using it in the test?

I would suggest Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and/or Conductonaut (if you do metal TIMs).

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
I read through and didn't see why no liquid metals as you stated in the first post? I know you have some on hand from the delidding, any reason for not using it in the test?

I would suggest Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and/or Conductonaut (if you do metal TIMs).

maybe due all the work it take to purify the CPU and cooler surface once metal TIM is applied, some Liquid Metal Tims require specialized lapping in order to return to a somewhat original state of the CPU IHS and CPU cooler. in other words PITA to test and review that doesn't worth all the time spent

D

Deleted member 184142

maybe due all the work it take to purify the CPU and cooler surface once metal TIM is applied, some Liquid Metal Tims require specialized lapping in order to return to a somewhat original state of the CPU IHS and CPU cooler. in other words PITA to test and review that doesn't worth all the time spent

This I know, however his block is already mirror finished, assuming lapped already, and you also test them last, so cleanup is not an issue. They really are not that hard to remove either, and a few of them have come out with cleaning solutions, a quick rub on a lapping block however I find to be the best. You don't really need to test the whole range of metal TIMs, as most of them are exactly the same, one or two to give an idea to people the kind of temp swing from a normal paste to the metal TIMs.

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
Also curious; I have a Corsair AIO en route and was debating using the stock paste vs swapping AS5 on there. To be fair, I'll probably use the stock stuff and try AS-5 if I don't like what i see, but seeing some numbers side by side would be nice.

thesmokingman

Supreme [H]ardness

Rubbing alcohol and and credit card will scrape off the excess. No need to lap.

pendragon1

Fully [H]
Also curious; I have a Corsair AIO en route and was debating using the stock paste vs swapping AS5 on there. To be fair, I'll probably use the stock stuff and try AS-5 if I don't like what i see, but seeing some numbers side by side would be nice.
the stock paste is actually quite good. youd be hard pressed to see a difference, I didn't when I repasted my 280 aio with as5.

doyll

[H]ard|Gawd
Thermalright has their new TF6, TF8 and TFX thermal paste out now. Miaybe worth adding them to list.