[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Evga has some B-Stock today. No specific deals but they have not had any B-Stock inventory for weeks.

Looking for PSU's took me there.

1677685798504.png

Picked up ASRock 7900xt for $779 yesterday at microcenter.

I'm pretty satisfied with that price. Always could be lower, but I needed something now and seemed to be a good deal.
Yes, $750 would be the ideal price for that card. Any lower and it would be too close to upcoming Navi 32 7800 XT 16GB for comfort

Yes, $750 would be the ideal price for that card. Any lower and it would be too close to upcoming Navi 32 7800 XT 16GB for comfort
or... and stick with me for a minute... AMD could choose to not follow Nvidia's lead and actually have a reasonably priced card that is a tier lower. You know how like back in the day the top tier card was quite expensive but the next level was like 40-50% that amount and a good value

or... and stick with me for a minute... AMD could choose to not follow Nvidia's lead and actually have a reasonably priced card that is a tier lower. You know how like back in the day the top tier card was quite expensive but the next level was like 40-50% that amount and a good value

As much as Nvidia ain't a charity

AMD ain't a charity either, they're in the business of making money

As much as Nvidia ain't a charity

AMD ain't a charity either, they're in the business of making money
Oh I get that, and I'm sure there bean counters much smarter than me who figured selling X cards for price Y is better than selling 3X cards for price Y/2, or whatever the numbers may be.

But the real thing is market dominance and brand loyalty, how many people are all about team Red for CPUs now due to Ryzen? Those that were Intel fanboys for "life"? I'm sure the same thing could happen in the graphics cards market too, people are getting really sick at the ever increasing prices on GPUs, plenty of people complaining about a lack of "entry level" or the cost of "mid range" etc etc etc. I think if they released at 7800xt card at sub-500 pricing they'd snatch up a bunch of team green fanboys, doubly so if they also introduce a non-XT version for $100 cheaper.

But who knows maybe the reason why these cards are so expensive is because the parts truly are expensive (I'm not buying that as an excuse) but maybe so, I just think AMD is really missing a good opportunity to take control of a market they are very obviously behind the curve on.

I doubt RDNA 3 cards could be as low as they are on a more expensive node but AMD could do the following with existing RDNA 2 cards:

$400 - RX 6800
$450 - RX 6800 XT
$550 - RX 6950 XT
Oh I absolutely expect RDNA 2 cards to drop in price, maybe not the 6950xt as that one seems perfectly content to contend around the 4070 price point, but yeah the 6800xt is still in the mid to high-$500s which makes it a much harder sell considering how much more powerful the 6950xt is at a relatively small increase in price.

RX 6600 - $200 (check post above)
RX 6750xt - $310
RX 6800 - $450
RX 6800xt - $520
Latest from tracker by Toms Hardware

Graphics Card Deals: Quick Links​

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/best-graphics-card-deals-now

Reactions: DPI
like this
Chinese recycled apparently, looking at the GPU-Z screen they show they block out the subvendor but the hex id numbers show that they're PowerColor cards, wouldn't surprise me if these are "refurbished" in some way but sold as new.

Chinese recycled apparently, looking at the GPU-Z screen they show they block out the subvendor but the hex id numbers show that they're PowerColor cards, wouldn't surprise me if these are "refurbished" in some way but sold as new.
Are you sure they're actually PowerColor cards, vs them actually being from copypastaco and they didn't bother to change the ID code when they stole PowerColor's firmware?

Not that my theory would make things any less bad. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Are you sure they're actually PowerColor cards, vs them actually being from copypastaco and they didn't bother to change the ID code when they stole PowerColor's firmware?

Not that my theory would make things any less bad. 🤦🏽‍♂️
No I'm not sure, I was simply going by the GPUz IDs given in the description of the product. They very well could have just copied some other GPUz bit and got lazy and only blacked out the subvendor without knowing what the hex codes for the ID meant. For all I know this could also be another case of a mobile processor slapped with a heatsink and sold as a desktop GPU.

It’s not quite cheap enough for me to take a flyer on one and tear it down to see what’s in there. I’d use a 6700/xt in my other PC for sure though. I keep hoping they will get closer to 250 used…

51RISC sells mobile GPUs modded for desktop use. That's enough for me to permanently categorize them as an untrustworthy brand.

As additional strikes: on Reddit they've been accused of resoldiering used mining GPUs onto consumer style boards and having malware in their driver bundles.

Lastly is there *any* GPU manufacturing in the US at all? That also smells like a rat to me. OTOH going to the newegg page I only see it claiming to ship from the US. The black bar over the subvendor ID in the GPUz screenshot they posted is another red flag.

https://hwbusters.com/news/never-trust-a-3070-ti-from-china/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/yqdqgl/is_51risc_a_legit_gpu_brand/

51RISC sells mobile GPUs modded for desktop use. That's enough for me to permanently categorize them as an untrustworthy brand.

As additional strikes: on Reddit they've been accused of resoldiering used mining GPUs onto consumer style boards and having malware in their driver bundles.

Lastly is there *any* GPU manufacturing in the US at all? That also smells like a rat to me. OTOH going to the newegg page I only see it claiming to ship from the US. The black bar over the subvendor ID in the GPUz screenshot they posted is another red flag.

https://hwbusters.com/news/never-trust-a-3070-ti-from-china/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/yqdqgl/is_51risc_a_legit_gpu_brand/
There is 1 user review available in NewEgg

Says that it is a PowerColor Fighter RX 6700

Screenshot_20230517-210852_Opera.jpg

Back