[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

If they're giving you an actual code after waiting in line, they should give you at least 3 minutes to make the purchase before removing it from your cart. That sucks.
When I do it it says you have 10 minutes to complete your purchase.

When I do it it says you have 10 minutes to complete your purchase.
You sure do. But if there are other people that also have it in their carts, whoever finishes checkout first wins. The issue is we don't know how many customers are trying for the same item, and how much stock a given store has. Could be 30 customers fighting over 2 cards, you never know. That ten minutes is just how long before your session times out, it isn't a reservation of that stock for you. I played this game all through 2021 and never got a single card from Best Buy.

You sure do. But if there are other people that also have it in their carts, whoever finishes checkout first wins. The issue is we don't know how many customers are trying for the same item, and how much stock a given store has. Could be 30 customers fighting over 2 cards, you never know. That ten minutes is just how long before your session times out, it isn't a reservation of that stock for you. I played this game all through 2021 and never got a single card from Best Buy.
FWIW, when I purchased my 4090 from Best Buy on the 20th it was shipped from Georgia up to Boise. So, I'm not so sure that on-hand stock has anything to do with it. I'd wager that it's more of an allocation thing.

EDIT - and for those still trying to snag one of those new GPUs (4090, XTX) - this is the live tracker that I used. I kept it to the forefront of my browser so that the text stock alerts were right there instead of needing to catch up -

Anyone need a 4090 for NY before it goes back next week? Not gonna keep an almost 2k item for long. Canceled my alerts so my trigger finger doesn't end up ordering more.
1000005329.jpg

More cards went up.
3090 Ti $1100, 3080 12 GB $800.

They are charging shipping which makes them even worse of a deal. I carted a 3080 and they want to charge me $47 shipping lol.

Retail EVGA cards are basically impossible to find these days so I assume they are betting a few desperate people will snatch these up for the last chance at 3 year warranty.

How are they restocking new 30xx cards. I though production stopped awhile ago. Honestly those prices are rough. Might as well spend a little more for 40xx cards.
Yeah an extra $100 to get a 4070ti instead of a 3070? Yes please... well assuming the AiBs don't use fancy adjectives that add $200 to the cost of the cards

I've been tracking 3080+ cards on Ebay the last few months, I'm seeing a lot more expiring with 0 bids the last week or so. Many more ending with a single bid at starting price.
The 4070 Ti isn't a great card at retail but it's been a little kick in the pants on the secondhand market.

12gb vram and gimped 192bit bus it still hangs with the 3080ti/ 3090 in games for now I suppose. I’ve never been inclined to pay more than $500-550 for a 3080 and a lot of people are getting it maybe. What’s kind of a bummer is the 6800xt seems to be more like 600 now on eBay and that’s going the wrong direction. Great card (I have owner bias!) but it should be cheaper than that used.

12gb vram and gimped 192bit bus it still hangs with the 3080ti/ 3090 in games for now I suppose. I’ve never been inclined to pay more than $500-550 for a 3080 and a lot of people are getting it maybe. What’s kind of a bummer is the 6800xt seems to be more like 600 now on eBay and that’s going the wrong direction. Great card (I have owner bias!) but it should be cheaper than that used.
Agreed. I got mine cheaper than that from Mircocenter (okay, open box, but still better than ebay used) and it had a $50 rebate.

Agreed, I've been able to buy a dozen 4090's over the last week if I wanted one, mostly through NewEgg. None have been the $1599 variety though, so not interested.

Why would you buy this vs the 34" Dells which are often this price or lower with discounts and Amex offers? The QD OLED will have better HDR and can act as a 27" 16:9 anytime you want it too...unless you must have 240 Hz.

Why would you buy this vs the 34" Dells which are often this price or lower with discounts and Amex offers? The QD OLED will have better HDR and can act as a 27" 16:9 anytime you want it too...unless you must have 240 Hz.

240hz, no curve.
Annnnd, LG Panels retain their blacks in a lit room. Dell/Alienware use Samsung panels. And all of Samsung's OLED panels this year, lose their amazing black level in a room with light. And that infinite black is one of the main points of OLED.

I wish these OLED monitors looked more sturdy it's like a paper thin so I wonder if adjusting it could break. I don't think the price will go down they know they have a hot item.

Last edited:
Annnnd, LG Panels retain their blacks in a lit room. Dell/Alienware use Samsung panels. And all of Samsung's OLED panels this year, lose their amazing black level in a room with light. And that infinite black is one of the main points of OLED.
I haven't actually seen anyone game with multiple lights on in front of the monitor. And Samsung OLEDs get much brighter. I'm not defending the lack of a polarizer but W-OLED is inferior technology. And the text fringing is a non issue in my experience, also not a fault of the panel but rather of OS developers failing to keep paces with display panel development.

I haven't actually seen anyone game with multiple lights on in front of the monitor.
Sure, if you wait until nightfall, great. But, not everyone is setup to create a dark room----in the middle of the day. And I actually prefer to have some ambient light on >_>

As far as brightness goes----LG's panels get better every year. They claim 1000cd/M2 for the typical peak brightness and 800 minimum. Even if it turns out the typical peak is only like 800----That's nuts for a 26.5 inch monitor which will be 3< feet from your face. I have a 27 inch monitor which does over 400 and its too bright past '73' in the settings, in a fully lit room. I turn it down to about 40, for web browsing.

Anyway, I'm not going to buy an OLED panel which sacrifices one of the main reasons to want an OLED panel.

I haven't actually seen anyone game with multiple lights on in front of the monitor. And Samsung OLEDs get much brighter. I'm not defending the lack of a polarizer but W-OLED is inferior technology. And the text fringing is a non issue in my experience, also not a fault of the panel but rather of OS developers failing to keep paces with display panel development.
Anyone who uses a QD-OLED in a lit room will notice the lack of a polarizer — period. This is not to dismiss the panel technology which is brilliant. However, for many use cases including mine, I am waiting for QD-OLED with a polarizer film.

Oh yeah, the odd pixel structure is another flaw I forgot to mention. Good catch!
Whenever I tried an LG OLED including the 42C2, the text has been worse than on my AW. I'm speaking from experience, having tried well north of 50 displays over the past decade, QD OLED is nearing perfection. 50% of the W-OLED screens I've seen have bad uniformity, not so on the AW.

Whenever I tried an LG OLED including the 42C2, the text has been worse than on my AW. I'm speaking from experience, having tried well north of 50 displays over the past decade, QD OLED is nearing perfection. 50% of the W-OLED screens I've seen have bad uniformity, not so on the AW.
This is why I turned my 42” that I’d thought would be my daily driver into a secondary gaming/video only monitor on my side wall, text was just weird, now I know the name for it!

For anyone in the SF bay area, Central Computer has them in stock for in-store purchase. They are coming available regularly and it looks like they might start shipping soon.

Last edited:
For anyone in the SF bay area, Central Computer has them in stock for in-store purchase. They are coming available regularly and it looks like they might start shipping soon.
They just announced online shipping so yeah the 4090s are becoming more plentiful--except for the FE that will actually fit in my case :(

They just announced online shipping so yeah the 4090s are becoming more plentiful--except for the FE that will actually fit in my case :(

I just saw that last update. I keep having to tell myself I don't another one. Still waiting for EK blocks to be available. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back