[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

i have the older (i think) o11 dynamic and i fit the Zotac Trinity 4090 (standard model) in the case just fine. The vertical mounts that i bought didn't actually work for me.
View attachment 519519
The OG Lian Li Dynamic O11 isn't even wide enough to support the EK waterblock for an EVGA FTW 3080. The dimensions listed in the specs for the block made it seem like it would fit, but it's not even close. I had to go vertical with mine. I have the Phanteks mount and I replaced the riser cable with a gen 4 version.

20221019_103147.jpg

And I'm in the process of rebuilding my computer with a 5950x and EVGA 3080 10GB FTW Ultra. They're both water-cooled already. Feels kind of silly putting a $450 card back in, but I guess it's fitting my needs and the waterblock is already there, so no NEED to upgrade. I will be putting quick detach fittings on it, however.
It is not like the 3080 performes any less because it is a $450 card now.

Last edited:
I wonder why Newegg hasn't brought back the shuffle.
Well it's only a handful of low stock halo cards, not a spectrum of different Nvidia and AMD SKUs where they'd get a dozen pallets of GPUs every day.

I bet we see it back after 4080 and AMD 79XX launch.

Microcenter launch day pricing 13700K at $399.99 (down from $429.99) and 13900K at $569.99 (down $90 from $659.99). Value proposition of 7950X at $699.99 looking a little worse now.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...ga-1700-boxed-processor-heatsink-not-included
https://www.microcenter.com/product...ga-1700-boxed-processor-heatsink-not-included

At the 13900K's original retail $659.99, I wasn't going to bother - 13700K was a no-brainer. But now I've got a dilemma.

Intel dropped the msrp to $590 - https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-36m-cache-up-to-5-80-ghz/specifications.html

Microcenter launch day pricing 13700K at $399.99 (down from $429.99) and 13900K at $569.99 (down $90 from $659.99). Value proposition of 7950X at $699.99 looking a little worse now.

At the 13900K's original retail $659.99, I wasn't going to bother - 13700K was a no-brainer. But now I've got a dilemma.
MC site been down all morning for me.

690 at best buy lol
They'll price match Micro Center if you have one local, otherwise its YMMV. One major thing I noticed with BB is they've revised their Price Match policy wording. I haven't had to use it yet since they made this change in wording in September, but it now appears they will only Price Match competitors at time of purchase and only offer Price Protection if they adjust their pricing later on. Still ways to work around this, like re-buy and return, but it is definitely more of a hassle to do it this way.

MC site been down all morning for me.

I was finally able to get into their website.

However, there was no option to add a Raptor Lake CPU to my cart for in-store pickup. All I was offered was the "Locate in the store" diagram.

Looking at the 13700K/KF. I already have a 6900XT in the system I am upgrading, so integrated graphics are not a need.

For me it would be $400 (13700K) + $30 (gas) + ($20) tolls to pick it up from MC - not to mention four total hours of driving.

Ended up going with the 13700KF for $429 from NewEgg. When I factor in the time, the additional mileage on my leased car, and the higher IL taxes (I'm in Wisconsin) ... I decided I can wait until Wednesday for the CPU to arrive.

I was finally able to get into their website.

However, there was no option to add a Raptor Lake CPU to my cart for in-store pickup. All I was offered was the "Locate in the store" diagram.

Looking at the 13700K/KF. I already have a 6900XT in the system I am upgrading, so integrated graphics are not a need.

For me it would be $400 (13700K) + $30 (gas) + ($20) tolls to pick it up from MC - not to mention four total hours of driving.

Ended up going with the 13700KF for $429 from NewEgg. When I factor in the time, the additional mileage on my leased car, and the higher IL taxes (I'm in Wisconsin) ... I decided I can wait until Wednesday for the CPU to arrive.
MC doesn't allow you to reserve for pick up in demand items.

And what would likely happen - I'd drive down there and find out they were OOS - leaving me with the same travel expenses and no CPU.
Yeah, even back when Fry's AND Microcenter were smack dab in the middle of Silicon Valley (as they should be!) it was such a pain to get there from San Francisco, easily 45 minutes one way. Granted gas was way less than $2/gallon so the cost to get there wasn't huge, but still giving up an hour and a half driving was just too much to do just to "have a look to see what they got" or worse when any sort of return needed to be done, then there's 3 hours of driving, or in the case of the motherboard issues I had with Fry's one year, over 6 hours of driving over a 2 day period before I finally just said "give me my money back".

Yeah, even back when Fry's AND Microcenter were smack dab in the middle of Silicon Valley (as they should be!) it was such a pain to get there from San Francisco, easily 45 minutes one way. Granted gas was way less than $2/gallon so the cost to get there wasn't huge, but still giving up an hour and a half driving was just too much to do just to "have a look to see what they got" or worse when any sort of return needed to be done, then there's 3 hours of driving, or in the case of the motherboard issues I had with Fry's one year, over 6 hours of driving over a 2 day period before I finally just said "give me my money back".
My biggest regret moving up North is lack of MC, all we get is Central Scalpers and even they closed the store in Pleasanton near me a couple of years back, least they were good for ebay priced cables if you needed something urgently.

FYI the 20% coupon on ebay ends Oct 23, so you still have time to think.

Makes me wonder how they do 20% off on brand new items, is the wholesale cost really that much cheaper?

Micro Center seems kind of blind to me, if you need a fresh supply of new buyers every year with big daddy type money, than put your store in the middle of 4 = Wake Forest / Duke / UNC/ NC State all within 1:30 mins driving between them to each school, closest MC is 257 miles to this area in North Carolina

I had to edit, this is where App State is from ( Boone N.C.) the tune up team of the top 10 BCS Schools, they get paid Millions making a joke out of the BCS ratings.

Last edited:
Micro Center seems kind of blind to me, if you need a fresh supply of new buyers every year with big daddy type money, than put your store in the middle of 4 = Wake Forest / Duke / UNC/ NC State all within 1:30 mins driving between them to each school, closest MC is 257 miles to this area in North Carolina

I had to edit, this is where App State is from ( Boone N.C.) the tune up team of the top 10 BCS Schools, they get paid Millions making a joke out of the BCS ratings.

There's a Microcenter in Boone? You've got to be kidding me. Maybe it's changed since I was there in 1988. 😀

Back