[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

EVGA 1630 on sale

1663991589243.png

Reactions: DPI
like this
*apparently* purchasing a RTX 4090 on BestBuy will require TotalTech membership, according to a source.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have that RX 6600 Lite, it only comes with one HDMI and one Display Port, I'm ok with it as I don't plan more than one panel and it still covers my 144Hz (hdmi) 165hz (dp) needs.

yes... yes!!! with the AMD 7000 series launching and the 13th gen Intel platform, hopefully soon the AM4 chips will take a tumble. Not holding out too much hope for a sub $300 5800x3d but maybe a little bit? ... or I'll just go for a cheap 5600x and call it a day and maybe upgrade to the 5800x3d in the future if it does eventually drop low.

With the 5800x3D touted as the reason to skip AM5 if you already have an AM4 setup I think it’s going to hold value for a while. It’s still $399 at Microcenter here and they sell out regularly.

With the 5800x3D touted as the reason to skip AM5 if you already have an AM4 setup I think it’s going to hold value for a while. It’s still $399 at Microcenter here and they sell out regularly.
True, it's definitely one of those chips they don't produce much of either. I think my biggest worry would be them stopping the production all together and moving onto the 7000 series if they get their 7800x3d equivalent.
Either way, did some snooping and realized I build this computer nearly 7 years ago, so any upgrade is a good upgrade.

this is my thinking as well. I havea 3800x now and 5800x3d seems like a worth upgrade for now and the near future. Way cheaper than a full upgrade and I could always get faster ddr4

this is my thinking as well. I havea 3800x now and 5800x3d seems like a worth upgrade for now and the near future. Way cheaper than a full upgrade and I could always get faster ddr4
Ryzen 5800x3D is a great choice. These new platforms are not really needed for top tier gaming since 99% of games are GPU limited unless you're playing at low resolutions.

Do those AMD gpus actually do better when paired with Zen 3 CPUs? Or was that just marketing talk to buy more AMD product?

Are you sure that is MSRP? $589 is tray price according to Paul's Hardware.
Over the past few decades of watching Intel 1000x tray prices and internet prices for retail box, there's typically not much of a gap in price - usually they are about the same, sometimes the retail box will command a $20-30 premium.

I think the Newegg price is more like first adopter tax.

Do those AMD gpus actually do better when paired with Zen 3 CPUs? Or was that just marketing talk to buy more AMD product?
IIRC, AMD was hyping SAM, which is their name for resizable BAR. Recent Intel platforms have resizable BAR. I have RDNA 2 cards running with Ryzen and Alder Lake chips and there is no loss in the Intel system.

Over the past few decades of watching Intel 1000x tray prices and internet prices for retail box, there's typically not much of a gap in price - usually they are about the same, sometimes the retail box will command a $20-30 premium.

I think the Newegg price is more like first adopter tax.
Yeah it's hard to believe there's actually a $70 delta between retail box 13900K and 1000-Qty tray. We'll see I guess.

Ryzen 5800x3D is a great choice. These new platforms are not really needed for top tier gaming since 99% of games are GPU limited unless you're playing at low resolutions.
Not really. 4k120 needs just as much cpu as 1080p 120hz. Your cpu also drastically affects your lows regardless of resolution on most modern games. A lot of new and old games have dlss support now, so that puts the onus back on the cpu too.

Any Ryzen 3000 cpu paired with RDNA/RDNA 2 card can enable SAM even on B350 board, could have been folk lore if you never tied it.

Any Ryzen 3000 cpu paired with RDNA/RDNA 2 card can enable SAM even on B350 board, could have been folk lore if you never tied it.
Never had an AMD card, and that's going back a long time! Hell my last AMD CPU was way back in the Athlon days when it was a "cartridge" connection.

Never had an AMD card, and that's going back a long time! Hell my last AMD CPU was way back in the Athlon days when it was a "cartridge" connection.
My old AMD 3800x2 on Abit socket 939 nForce 4 board is still kicking around with an Nvidia 7600GS, sold it to father-in-law way back and he still plays around with in on windows XP, he is so old school.

So you need to sign up to one of those "pay as you go" type apps to get any savings?

Either way some decent enough "deals" MSI 3080 ends up 650 + $30 gift card, Gigabyte 3070 for $442 which is about the same price as the EVGA b-stock but it's a new car, gigabyte 3070ti for $518.50, and a couple 3060s which are the only ones I could find as "less than MSRP" with this deal.

You can get a 6800xt under $500 + an additional $20 rebate.
Oh shit didn't even realize you could get other stuff, only saw a handful of video cards at the bottom of the page and assumed those were the only ones available. While the AM5 processors don't seem to be available, you can get a 5800x3d for about $370, not too bad although I'd wait off on this as new cpus from both amd and intel are bound to bring prices down.

Last edited:
I might of pulled the trigger on a series x but fuck giving my info to a 3rd party company.

I might of pulled the trigger on a series x but fuck giving my info to a 3rd party company.
Yeah looking at what they do, they charge $1 per installment that you use, but I can't believe that's the only way they make money, they gotta be selling all your info to whomever wants to buy it for all of eternity.

Oh shit didn't even realize you could get other stuff, only saw a handful of video cards at the bottom of the page and assumed those were the only ones available. While the AM5 processors don't seem to be available, you can get a 5800x3d for about $370, not too bad although I'd wait off on this as new cpus from both amd and intel are bound to bring prices down.
It works on nearly everything on the site.
I've been sitting here speccing out builds all morning.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/200320510343512065/1025108629294153738/unknown.png

Yeah looking at what they do, they charge $1 per installment that you use, but I can't believe that's the only way they make money, they gotta be selling all your info to whomever wants to buy it for all of eternity.
Per Slickdeals they want your SSN too.

Per Slickdeals they want your SSN too.
Yeah that's what I read on another site, I mean it makes sense since they are effectively acting as a credit card by giving you credit while having your existing credit card pay off said credit. But considering they've already changed names once, maybe owners too(?), does cause my caution-center of the brain to tingle a bit.

Sell my SSN and info to a sketchy buy now pay later site for $100 … lol. No thanks.
I wouldn't say it's "sketchy" per say, it's simply a new push to get young adults (and teens) to over pay on stuff they normally couldn't afford. Really ingenious from a business perspective, just kind of schwarmy from a personal responsibility perspective but the reality is it's no different than a credit card for people who only pay off the minimum.

Back