[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Hell if you need a card right now bad enough those are not insanely bad deals. That said a 4080 will crap all over these cards for a couple hundred dollars cheaper if you can wait three or four months.

You really think that? My bet is 4090 in October at $1499. 4080 at $1000 next year. Of course things could change a lot between typing this and it actually happening.
I was just guessing around 800 and maybe sometime in December. And down the road sometime the 4080 TI for 1200.

Yeah, people thinking that are in an alternate reality. NVIDIA is going to let that happen and neither are AIB and resellers.

Yeah, people thinking that are in an alternate reality. NVIDIA is going to let that happen and neither are AIB and resellers.
Well if it cost more then that means used cards will have more value so it kind of evens out. And December was what I've been thinking for a while but yeah early next year may be more realistic with their current ampere inventory situation.

More like late next year, if that. There is a precedent set already these past cycles by NVIDIA and even AMD. Shortage or not, mining or not...they want their top dollar for the GPUs until they absolutely have to drop pricing.

Reactions: ncjoe
like this
More like late next year, if that. There is a precedent set already these past cycles by NVIDIA and even AMD. Shortage or not, mining or not...they want their top dollar for the GPUs until they absolutely have to drop pricing.
Late next year for the 4080? Sorry but I think that's flat out nonsense. They want to get their big 4090 out this year for sure and then as soon as reasonably possible very late this year or early next year they're going to release the 4080 and I think every single person with any inside knowledge at all has said that. And what precedent are you talking about because if anything it's the opposite of what you're saying because the 80 class cards have always been released in the beginning from what I remember.

Last edited:
I was just guessing around 800 and maybe sometime in December. And down the road sometime the 4080 TI for 1200.
I think pricing will be similar to this as well but even lower, we’re seeing a major price correction occurring right now and as recent prices and news articles state, it’s still not enough to move this old Ampere inventory so there’s a good chance prices drop even more.

I think we’re going to see a big leap in performance but buyers are going to be reluctant to pay 3000 series prices for it, so Nvidia will basically be forced to offer a much bigger boost for similar pricing to get people to buy. Think along the lines of Maxwell to Pascal levels of performance increase.

I’m thinking 4090 for $1200, $600-750 for 4080 (AD103), 4070 for $450-550 etc.

Then after 8-12 months we see the Ti refreshes with the 4080Ti slotting at $800-$1000 using a cut down AD102, 4090Ti for $1500 etc.

Of course all of this assumes adequate supply and ramp of TSMC 4nm and little/no demand from crypto.

Idk you probably should get it soon. Walmart has had it listed for sale since Sunday. They must be expecting a huge shipment next week.
I was in a Wal- Mart yesterday and saw the 1tb $499 X Box in the display case to sale, and to give you in that store to take home (in store stock) it was like seeing Jesus in person!

I was in a Wal- Mart yesterday and saw the 1tb $499 X Box in the display case to sale, and to give you in that store to take home (in store stock) it was like seeing Jesus in person!
Xboxs have been in stock pretty regularly for a bit now. I can walk into almost any best but and buy one right now.

My 3070 Heats my PC room the 3090ti must be like a furnace.
The stand-alone AC unit in the bottom right of this pic supplements the central air conditioning for my office. I have a 3090.
1662401170461.png

I've been saying this for a while now. The amount of heat being dissipated from a graphics card that's pulling over 500 watts is insane! My 3090ti makes gaming uncomfortable in my computer room. Now I have the AC set to 70 degrees and a tower fan pointed directly at my PC to blow the hot air away from me before I attempt to play any games.

Surprisingly even my dinky Xbox Series S will heat up my room. I have a gaming room that is a standard size bedroom and the TV and Xbox combined use less than 200 watts but I can easily feel it after some time especially with the door shut. When I walk out of the room and then back in it is shocking the temp difference. Heck I can't understand why I can feel so much warm air coming out of the little Xbox considering how low power it is. If I game on my pc then it gets stupid hot in this room with the door shut. Plus my body temp goes up anyway if playing a hard or stressful game so it can get pretty uncomfortable.

Surprisingly even my dinky Xbox Series S will heat up my room. I have a gaming room that is a standard size bedroom and the TV and Xbox combined use less than 200 watts but I can easily feel it after some time especially with the door shut. When I walk out of the room and then back in it is shocking the temp difference. Heck I can't understand why I can feel so much warm air coming out of the little Xbox considering how low power it is. If I game on my pc then it gets stupid hot in this room with the door shut. Plus my body temp goes up anyway if playing a hard or stressful game so it can get pretty uncomfortable.
People really underestimate the impact an extra 100w or so has on your average enclosed room. Add in that people are getting more and more obsessive with sealing up every air leak possible...

Hence why my pc is going in the basement in the future.

I used to run 10x GPUs (1.5 KW) in my 160 sq ft (medium size room) office till June, suffice to say I am glad Eth mining became unattractive.

PS5 finally shipped ordered on the 27th through Walmart used my lifetime discount card. So I had 54.00 off so it was 494.10 before taxes.

Last edited:
this is why about 2 months ago I had to move my desktop pc to basement and drill hole in
floor for cables. Never had this problem before with room getting so hot, but this gen
has forced me to do this... Will bring pc back up once winter sets in though, Instant heat....

this is why about 2 months ago I had to move my desktop pc to basement and drill hole in
floor for cables. Never had this problem before with room getting so hot, but this gen
has forced me to do this... Will bring pc back up once winter sets in though, Instant heat....
It's all about the power draw, doesn't matter if its "wasted" heat, photons coming off a monitor or electrons going through gate junctions that energy will go into the room in some way. Rig is drawing 1000 watts? That's virtually identical to having a 1000 watt space heater turned on instead, it's just you get more fun out of a computer

Hell if you need a card right now bad enough those are not insanely bad deals. That said a 4080 will crap all over these cards for a couple hundred dollars cheaper if you can wait three or four months.
Against a 3090 Ti? Don't know about that. The 4080 is going to be severely bandwidth-limited at 4K resolution. The 3090 Ti has 1TB/sec of bandwidth while the 4080 will have half that at 500GB/sec if the leaked specs are true.

Against a 3090 Ti? Don't know about that. The 4080 is going to be severely bandwidth-limited at 4K resolution. The 3090 Ti has 1TB/sec of bandwidth while the 4080 will have half that at 500GB/sec if the leaked specs are true.
Um the 3090 ti is only about 20% faster than the 3080 so yes without a doubt the 4080 will be quite a bit faster than the 3090 ti.

Haven't had a decent b-stock sale in about a month. The merge is next week, probably a good idea to start holding off buying anything. Especially for me where it takes 7 or 8 days for EVGA to deliver.

Haven't had a decent b-stock sale in about a month. The merge is next week, probably a good idea to start holding off buying anything. Especially for me where it takes 7 or 8 days for EVGA to deliver.
I was hoping to get a cheap 1080ti or 2080ti... Been waiting for weeks

I was hoping to get a cheap 1080ti or 2080ti... Been waiting for weeks
That's the only way I'd go with Bstock, they simply are not having discounts to reflect a refurbished 1-year only warranty video card. Maybe $20 less than new in some cases? IMO, not enough.

If you believe JayzTwoCents interpretation of nVidia's recent earnings call, 30 series are going to continue to be sold for a while longer and will still be produced when the 40 series launches, maybe for a quarter or more. They are trying to keep 30 series prices from crashing any further by reducing availability in the near term, then they will layer in the 40 series cards. All about hitting different price points based on performance. In other words, don't expect 30 series prices to drop too much more than they already have.

Reactions: DPI
like this
If you believe JayzTwoCents interpretation of nVidia's recent earnings call, 30 series are going to continue to be sold for a while longer and will still be produced when the 40 series launches, maybe for a quarter or more. They are trying to keep 30 series prices from crashing any further by reducing availability in the near term, then they will layer in the 40 series cards. All about hitting different price points based on performance. In other words, don't expect 30 series prices to drop too much more than they already have.
I think his interpretation is pretty spot on, Nvidia wants to restrict supply to keep prices from dropping, so expect the same shit from the 40 series, the cards that the vast majority of people want (hint: not 3090s) aren't going to drop much, hell Nvidia doesn't want prices to drop because they credit AIBs who claim that they can't sell the boards that they bought as a result as is most definitely the case in the 3090+ series as a "$1500" video card selling for $1000 would otherwise hurt them.

Either way. AIBs pricing won't necessarily go hand in hand with Nvidia's. I have a feeling that the 30 series really burned a lot of people out on wanting to upgrade to the latest and greatest, considering the number of "new" players to the game (Crypto miners, older upgraders, people who were bored while stuck at home during lockdowns) and there's not going to be a huge demand for new cards as it is.

It feels like less an interpretation and more like bad faith hyperbole and stating the obvious for clicks. The idea that a corporation has an influence over their supply/demand curve - nevermind legal obligation to their shareholders to optimize it - is not shining a light on anything previously unknown.

The real question is, is the youtube hardware review business really down that bad, that he has to now stoop to making videos that attempt to sensationalize the obvious..?

1662578568701.png

Last edited:
Didn't he say a few weeks ago he had multiple sources in the industry confirm to him the 40 series was delayed up to a year? Can't keep up anymore.

Didn't he say a few weeks ago he had multiple sources in the industry confirm to him the 40 series was delayed up to a year? Can't keep up anymore.
The rumor mill had the 4000 series coming out in June so who knows what to believe at this point.

Back