[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

A 3090 ti for $1399 - EVGA 3090ti

There seems to be zero demand for these video cards.
A little too late. These should have been launched a year earlier, back when the 3060 launched.

The irony is that, performance aside, the 3090 Ti is a very well made product compared to the 3090. Most of the review samples of the 3090 Ti seem to make it obvious a better cooling design, better board layout, better components, etc. Most of the quality reviews of the 3090 Ti put the build quality of the 3090 to shame.

In other words, it's not just a faster 3090, it's a better built 3090.

A little too late. These should have been launched a year earlier, back when the 3060 launched.

The irony is that, performance aside, the 3090 Ti is a very well made product compared to the 3090. Most of the review samples of the 3090 Ti seem to make it obvious a better cooling design, better board layout, better components, etc. Most of the quality reviews of the 3090 Ti put the build quality of the 3090 to shame.

In other words, it's not just a faster 3090, it's a better built 3090.
I'll be keeping a close eye on 3090 Ti prices when the 4070 and 4080 launch. If the 4070 really ends up with 10 GB matching the 3090 in performance, these cards become a lot more appealing secondhand. The 4080 should also help drive prices down.
It's also better they launched this late because it means there's more time remaining on the used warranties lol.

Sure, but where are those 4080 (don't believe a 4070 will beat a 3090ti) prices going to be? Especially in the first year when the scalpers get them all.

I'll be keeping a close eye on 3090 Ti prices when the 4070 and 4080 launch. If the 4070 really ends up with 10 GB matching the 3090 in performance, these cards become a lot more appealing secondhand. The 4080 should also help drive prices down.
It's also better they launched this late because it means there's more time remaining on the used warranties lol.
Well, one take away from the 3090 Ti is that there were obvious "lessons learned" put into practice. So one would expect to see these improvements make it into the next line of products.

The largest mistake with the 3090 was putting memory on the backside. Over time, higher density memory solved that issue outright. I doubt we'll see dual sided memory layouts return in the next generation.

Also the vapor chamber used on the 3090 Ti to cool both the die and memory is really interesting. I mean as ridiculous as a card with a 500W TDP is, the cooling solution to handle that seems to work well in practice.

This post right here. Is what every "I'll just wait for nextgen - its a buyers market now" post here doesn't grasp.
Yup, GPUs are about as cheap as they're ever going to be right now. Just buy a damn card right now if you need (as much as you can need a luxury item like this) while they're readily available, then you can always sell it for the next gen card later whether the market goes to shit again or not.

Thanks! I bit, finally! Between the price after rebate and the free games (2 of which i actually was going to buy come fall/winter anyway), this is a smoking deal.

This post right here. Is what every "I'll just wait for nextgen - its a buyers market now" post here doesn't grasp.

Yup, GPUs are about as cheap as they're ever going to be right now. Just buy a damn card right now if you need (as much as you can need a luxury item like this) while they're readily available, then you can always sell it for the next gen card later whether the market goes to shit again or not.

While I'm in this camp, I'm happy with getting the RX 6900XT level of performance for around $700. Even if the rumor of the RTX 4070 being a little bit faster than the RTX 3090 is true, I'll have a 90% as good card at my house in 36 hours.

When the free games show up, it's a sign that we hit rock bottom on demand for products that we have been waiting to buy since Aug 2021, I could care less about any new Nvidia gpu's, as I ready have a 3070 that I need to enjoy .

When the free games show up, it's a sign that we hit rock bottom on demand for products that we have been waiting to buy since Aug 2021, I could care less about any new Nvidia gpu's, as I ready have a 3070 that I need to enjoy .
I mean the 30 series launched with a Watch Dogs bundle. After that, it switched to a CoD bundle in October 2020. Nvidia obviously didn't have any problems moving 30 series stock in the 2nd half of 2020...

Told ya.
edit: Store was down for about 20 minutes tonight, it seems a lot of people caught wind of this from last week.

evga_bstock_38012.png

Last edited:
If anyone still cares. BB dropping FE cards. Be interesting to see how long things stay in stock. 3070 was in stock for ~36 hours last time.

I mean the 30 series launched with a Watch Dogs bundle. After that, it switched to a CoD bundle in October 2020. Nvidia obviously didn't have any problems moving 30 series stock in the 2nd half of 2020...
That stock was very limited as why people stood in line at Best Buy for Days just for an RTX 3070, I'm very happy for everyone that can now buy at near or below MSRP with stock! now Satan needs his back up buyers (Gamers) to save his boro from burning down (Nvidia) and (AMD) D evil One of Three

Last edited:
These will go way back up in price again when the 4000 series is "released" and everyone is in the same boat as the 3000 series availability. Then we can wait another 2 years for their prices to drop as well.

And do we really believe a 4070 is going to beat a 3090ti?

These will go way back up in price again when the 4000 series is "released" and everyone is in the same boat as the 3000 series availability. Then we can wait another 2 years for their prices to drop as well.

A 4070 won’t cost anywhere near $1200

3070 were $500 and performed on the heels of 2080TI. So if it stays comparable it’ll be $700 less and 15% slower than a 3090TI.

A 4070 won’t cost anywhere near $1200

3070 were $500 and performed on the heels of 2080TI. So if it stays comparable it’ll be $700 less and 15% slower than a 3090TI.
According to the techpowerup 3070 review, the 2080 TI and 3070 were dead even.

There were other factors though, namely mining that became the biggest problem but also the whole pandemic of people needing it now which also helped push the scalper market. I dont see it as being anywhere bad as it was before

True but botting and scalping high demand or limited stock items isn’t going anywhere sadly. I expect limited launch quantities to make a 2022 window on these cards most of which end up on 3rd party sites immediately. I would love to be wrong here.

Whether the cards can be scalped for months on end depends on the price and good will of BTC and ETH. BTC is the tide that lifts (or sinks) all ships and ETH is the most profitable coin to mine (easily) with a GPU.

Crypto price is the primary factor. Not inventory, not games, not performance relative to the 30x0 series. Not T&L performance improvements, not rasterization speed improvements. Crypto.

It’s why I spent probably 200 hours trying to buy Ampere cards at the first few months of launch (and why I own eight Ampere cards instead of just one). There are many people just like me. I buy one card every other generation without crypto. I buy a bunch of cards, WAY more than ever otherwise, with Crypto.

it’s also why there were NOOOOO cards at all available to buy, not even old or low end cards for nearly a year — despite Nvidia making literally record after record quarter in volume of GPU product sold.

More people than ever are mining now, or capable of it. Nicehash quickminer made it simple for even non technical people to crypto mine. If the price of BTC and ETH goes up, there will again follow the GPU demand, and the GPUs will be scalped (and sold in mass OFF retail channels) and generally unavailable to purchase for gamers and enthusiasts without a lot of effort.

Last edited:
True but botting and scalping high demand or limited stock items isn’t going anywhere sadly. I expect limited launch quantities to make a 2022 window on these cards most of which end up on 3rd party sites immediately. I would love to be wrong here.
It was the insane demand from mining that drove both of those factors. In the past scalpers have taken advantage when there has been poor supply at launch but only for a couple of weeks on the hardest to get cards, they've also usually only marked them up a fraction of what they did for the last gen. Without tons of scalpers trying to buy cards and making tons of money on them there won't be the demand for the pay bots so less effort will go into updating them which will make them less effective.

Back