[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I mean the $500 release baseline price coming down, not being able to buy consoles without a bundle. I don't have an interest in buying a series X at $500, but I might for under $350.
Price drops usually come when sales take a dip. Both Sony and Microsoft are still selling every console they make. No reason for them to drop the price.

Reactions: File
like this
No reason for them to drop the price.
after the last 5 years of GPUs... they have no reason to, just limit production to maintain the demand..
with MS going towards content for all platforms the market share war is no longer vital to the console market.

Two more 1080 Ti's at $150 tonight. 2080 Ti Kingpin at $450.
Bunch of other 2080 Ti's at $450. Bunch of 16's and 1070/1080 around the $100 mark.

I always seem to miss these. Do they drop at random times? Is there a good way to monitor B-Stock for these?

I always seem to miss these. Do they drop at random times? Is there a good way to monitor B-Stock for these?
Sale kicks in every Wednesday at 3 AM EST. Everybody knows about it now, so the good stuff sells out within seconds. For cards with 1 in stock, you have to put it in your cart before the sale starts and then start checkout at 3 AM on the dot.

Sale kicks in every Wednesday at 3 AM EST. Everybody knows about it now, so the good stuff sells out within seconds. For cards with 1 in stock, you have to put it in your cart before the sale starts and then start checkout at 3 AM on the dot.
Thank you for this info, I appreciate it!

This is why I'm glad CPU releases are always at 9am eastern time or later.

FWIW-----I bought an MSI SSD in November. It had a rebate. Good SSD but....the rebate took like 4 months and the pre-paid card they sent me couldn't be activated. The company whom issued it had been sold and bought between the time the card had been produced and then was sent to me:nand when I actually received it, And It wouldn't activate.

FWIW-----I bought an MSI SSD in November. It had a rebate. Good SSD but....the rebate took like 4 months and the pre-paid card they sent me couldn't be activated. The company whom issued it had been sold and bought between the time the card had been produced and then was sent to me:nand when I actually received it, And It wouldn't activate.

When one buys a product with mail in rebate, buy it with the mindset that the rebate is a bonus and you are happy with the price as is. If and when the rebate arrives, celebrate and treat yourself with the Popeye chicken sandwich that you have always wanted.

When one buys a product with mail in rebate, buy it with the mindset that the rebate is a bonus and you are happy with the price as is. If and when the rebate arrives, celebrate and treat yourself with the Popeye chicken sandwich that you have always wanted.
This is one area where Asus support is actually great, they lost my rebate application but still got me hooked up after sending them my invoice and pictures of my product and I got my check pretty soon after. It was easy and no hassle which was surprising.

Did you contact MSI support for the rebate then?

I hope he did. I've never had a denied rebate and I used to do tons of them back when they were more prevalent.
Yeah having your rebate disappear because the company that the vendor hires to deal with rebates does some shady shit is one thing, but the vendor should still honor the rebate if you reach out to them.

Hope you still have that rebate card — I was in the same boat (rebate card was issued by WireCard, who are defunct, and activation URL and phone number on the card no longer worked), but in the end I was actually able to activate it after I figured out the name of the successor company (North Lane) and went through their activation page instead.

It looks like The Dumpening is about to kick off. I see a batch of (used) 3070's for $390 on hardwareswap.

EVGA Midweek sale in 15 minutes. At this point I'm not sure it's worth bothering anymore.
edit: EVGA is bundling free "I survived the queue" shirts with their GPU's right now. Nice bonus.

Nothing good this week.

Last edited:
I should have qualified by statement by saying any FE card outside of 3080 TI or 3090 TI . Those are still very difficult to come by.
PS5s drop on Target local multiple times a day, and while new FE 60 ti, 70 or 80 are few at BB that's because they are barely made but like new ones are selling at or below cost at usual places, sold my 60 ti fe at cost here, unimaginable few weeks ago and my 70 fe is still up for cost.

IMHO this thread can finally be retired. Let's spin a new one this fall :)
Yes, please. I'll probably unsub soon as I'm tired of seeing it pop up every day after all these months (years?!) and it's been a while since there's been any thing to get excited about (for me). Most people have been able to get what they want by now. Availability is leagues better than it was months ago. Edge case scenarios (who is actually looking for and buying a 3090Ti right now, LOL?) excluded...

Yes, please. I'll probably unsub soon as I'm tired of seeing it pop up every day after all these months (years?!) and it's been a while since there's been any thing to get excited about (for me). Most people have been able to get what they want by now. Availability is leagues better than it was months ago. Edge case scenarios (who is actually looking for and buying a 3090Ti right now, LOL?) excluded...
IDK, I mean, the comment that you could add yourself to an Amazon lottery for a PS5 literally got my friend one just last week, or whenever that was - we do not have any local availability where we are for Target drops (trust me, I'm still in Discord rooms helping friends get them when I can). I appreciate the conversation still in the thread, personally.

IDK, I mean, the comment that you could add yourself to an Amazon lottery for a PS5 literally got my friend one just last week, or whenever that was - we do not have any local availability where we are for Target drops (trust me, I'm still in Discord rooms helping friends get them when I can). I appreciate the conversation still in the thread, personally.
Yup, I entered that on my account and my gf's account pretty early on, still no notification for me. I did manage to get my brother his ps5 in like February of 2021, but since then struck out trying to get one for my cousin. So it's still a desolate wasteland out there for ps5s.

All good. I'm glad it's still useful for some folks. I don't think I've seen stuff this hard to get in 3+ decades of gaming. What a time to be alive, lol. Guess I'll see you gents in the 4000 series thread (depending on rumored performance increases over Ampere)...if it's just a "tick" and not a "tock" I'll just wait for the 5080/90.

Yup, I entered that on my account and my gf's account pretty early on, still no notification for me. I did manage to get my brother his ps5 in like February of 2021, but since then struck out trying to get one for my cousin. So it's still a desolate wasteland out there for ps5s.
There have been multiple walmart and PSD drops, I recall offering to order one direct for you a couple of times :)

3070 FE dropping easy on BB, was able to order one 40 mins after initial alerts lol, still not sure why? I'm actively trying to sell the one I do have but 2 years of card hunting has made it impossible to resist clicking on submit order on any GA 104 FE card :( Will just cancel it later.

Back