[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

That hydrocopper block they use totally sucks. The internal O-ring started leaking twice on two brand new 3090s using that block within 2-3 weeks, killed my motherboard due to the leak and EVGA refused to replace the board. But they did RMA the two weeks old card for a refurbished air cooled card after I bitched enough :rolleyes:

Excuse the pump gasping for water.. had to do it last minute because they wanted more video evidence.. they ALMOST screwed me over by saying: "You probably opened the water-block and now it's leaking internally" but jokes on them because I never took off the "factory seal" sticker on the screw.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Warranty/3090 hydrocopper 2?preview=20220406_123235.mp4

"You probably opened the water-block and now it's leaking internally" but jokes on them because I never took off the "factory seal" sticker on the screw.
God that's dumb. It's literally just an o-ring. Pretty easy to tell if it's installed right or not.

That's practically MSRP there, granted this is the lowest of low cards with no "boosting" so should be MSRP, but still $40 over would have crashed the whole god damn internet a year ago. Wonder if they have huge stocks they couldn't sell, or if this is a sign the 40 series is coming very soon.

Edit: I do love the touch they put in there saying there's an "Instant rebate" making it seem like they're doing YOU a favor.

That's practically MSRP there, granted this is the lowest of low cards with no "boosting" so should be MSRP, but still $40 over would have crashed the whole god damn internet a year ago. Wonder if they have huge stocks they couldn't sell, or if this is a sign the 40 series is coming very soon.

Edit: I do love the touch they put in there saying there's an "Instant rebate" making it seem like they're doing YOU a favor.
The rebates don't apply to step-up pricing, so they can keep the original MSRP for the step-up queue but give new buyers a "sale" price.
It's also easier for them to move instant rebate pricing up and down as they please, without having to tweak the MSRP constantly. But it's probably the step-up thing.

The rebates don't apply to step-up pricing, so they can keep the original MSRP for the step-up queue but give new buyers a "sale" price.
It's also easier for them to move instant rebate pricing up and down as they please, without having to tweak the MSRP constantly. But it's probably the step-up thing.
That makes a lot of sense, forget what cards could step up to 3060ti as the "max tier" but yeah "hey we're going to milk another $40 out of you because you thought you would just upgrade in 90 days and just pay the difference? LAFF!"

no one is buying 3080s from EVGA or they are keeping them WELL stocked. Their sale is still on going and most of the cards that have been in stock the whole time have been 3080s and 3090s. any thing else was gone real quick especially the 3060 tis...they have been going so fast.

Yep, that rebate thing (and limiting step-up for me to the ridiculously top MSRP stuff) basically prevented me from stepping up. They know exactly what they are doing.

Reactions: ncjoe
like this
no one is buying 3080s from EVGA or they are keeping them WELL stocked. Their sale is still on going and most of the cards that have been in stock the whole time have been 3080s and 3090s. any thing else was gone real quick especially the 3060 tis...they have been going so fast.

Well, they want you to pay $920 for a card that MSRPs for $700 (with an improved cooler, to be fair), and 12gb 3080s can actually be found for only a few dollars more.

Other than crypto there are only so many buyers for $800+ GPUs and I’m assuming by now most of them have caved. Not many people want more than one or two. Most gamers I know are looking at spending half as much so that’s why the $400 cards are gone instantly I’m guessing. Lots of my friends have been looking to upgrade from 10 series cards and skipped Ampere and have refused to buy inflated 30 series even now. The 3060ti is probably the best bang for buck 30 series card right now.

from having both the perf difference is really small so saving money is a good idea there.
I started out looking for a 3060 at a reasonable price that was in-stock. No luck.

Shifted my focus to a 3060 Ti. No luck.

Repeated the process for a 3070, 3070 Ti, and a 3080. No luck.

Finally found - via ASUS - a 3070 Ti that was in my budget. Ordered that.

While following this thread, saw an EVGA 3080 that was within my initial budget - so I bought that too.

Now everyone here has me looking for a deal on a 3060 Ti ;)

I'm replacing the following cards: 5700xt, RTX 2060, GTX 1070.

EVGA midweek sale starts at 3 AM EST. There's a bunch of cards sitting in their b-stock store, the sale kicks in right at 3 AM on the dot.
Might also be worth checking their retail 30 series stock, you never know.

6900XT in stock on amd.com and it's not even Thursday!
Yep, still there. Just came here to post about that. Can't wait for below MSRP deals to start popping up and some healthy GPU market return!

That is a deal so hot I'm getting a boner just thinking about it. Still there (the deal, I mean). If I hadn't already purchased the EVGA 3050 3 days ago at the $250 MSRP, I probably would not be able to fold myself back here (from purchasing the 3060 TI, that is)

Last edited:
That is a deal so hot I'm getting a boner just thinking about it. Still there (the deal, I mean). If I hadn't already purchased the EVGA 3050 3 days ago at the $250 MSRP, I probably would not be able to fold myself back here (from purchasing the 3060 TI, that is)
I haven't seen this one show up to purchase at all. I mean the price is still $440 but i've never seen it in stock. I've been refreshing all day every day at work and at home. Are you just saying the price is the same or that it's available for purchase and i'm just not seeing the buy button?

Last edited:
I haven't seen this one show up to purchase at all. I mean the price is still $440 but i've never seen it in stock. I've been refreshing all day every day at work and at home. Are you just saying the price is the same or that it's available for purchase and i'm just not seeing the buy button?
According to taintedsquirrel, it was in stock at one point recently, i checked about 15 minutes after the post and they were gone. Assuming they went fast. I think everyone wants a 3060 TI right now

Yep, still there. Just came here to post about that. Can't wait for below MSRP deals to start popping up and some healthy GPU market return!

the evga 3060tis come and go so quick. it is amazing.

Demand shows: Most people right now want lower end cards like 3060/ti
Nvidia and AiB partners: Make moar 3090ti and other ultra high end cards for the 1 % of 1% since they make moar profit!
Even when they do make lower end cards, be sure to prioritize high end models because they know most people will cave anyways.

I dunno, I think those who would cave already the rest are holding the line Cardstonks!

I'm definitely holding out for a reasonable MSRP 3080 or 6800 xt (I need 4k-ish performance), and not a FTW ULTRA GAMING RGB ROG STRIX LOL ROFL $$$ version for an additional $300.

I suspect they're just not making them, though, because why would they--people who have money and don't want to wait just buy whatever for whatever $, and people who don't really know much and want a "cheap gaming card" just overpay for a 3050 and think they're getting a deal.

Those of us who get made fun of or not being [H]ard enough and actually try to get the best dollar to performance ratio are just caught in limbo waiting and waiting... Because, to be fair we are the minority compared to those other groups (especially profit-wise to the AIBs which is what they really care about).

Bang-for-the-buck is where I generally live also, and my 1080ti has been a champ, but the upgrade bug is starting to get loud. I'm pulling for a 3090FE with the shorter PCB so it will fit easier in my current build. But we'll see in the next six months.

I'm definitely holding out for a reasonable MSRP 3080 or 6800 xt (I need 4k-ish performance), and not a FTW ULTRA GAMING RGB ROG STRIX LOL ROFL $$$ version for an additional $300.

I suspect they're just not making them, though, because why would they--people who have money and don't want to wait just buy whatever for whatever $, and people who don't really know much and want a "cheap gaming card" just overpay for a 3050 and think they're getting a deal.

Those of us who get made fun of or not being [H]ard enough and actually try to get the best dollar to performance ratio are just caught in limbo waiting and waiting... Because, to be fair we are the minority compared to those other groups (especially profit-wise to the AIBs which is what they really care about).

I don’t know if Nvidia is making many, or any, standard 3080s but your best bet for Nvidia cards at MSRP is probably Best Buy, all of their FE cards (when they get them in) are sold at MSRP.

Active as of 1924CST
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3889-KL
1651191886742.png

Back