[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Midweek madness started. 1080 Ti $350.
No restock tonight. Will probably get cards, including the 30 series, throughout the day.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A couple of points to add to the current situation of things and some of the comments I’m seeing. Prices are falling as expected now that crypto and secondary markets have collapsed and GPUs are readily available.

Tariffs exemptions have been reinstated and that is also being reflected in the significant price drops below inflated MSRP resulting in only 10-30% premiums over floor pricing which is Nvidia FE or true MSRP.

However, there are some traps to avoid:

1. 4000/5000 series are imminent so you shouldn’t pay full price for 3000 series this late in the game. This assumes you will be able to get one at launch and launch msrp is reasonable and resets price and performance. None of this is guaranteed. If anything early adopters may be able to upgrade for free, so if you get lucky, you’ll enjoy that upgrade for x months while you wait to get Lovelace on RDNA3 and still get most of your money back.

2. While tariffs are going away, retailers and distributors are starting to charge for fuel and inflation surcharges. As with all of these supply chain tariffs/surcharges, the consumer will ultimately absorb the increases.

In summary, a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush if you are in dire need of an upgrade. I’m not saying go crazy on a 3090Ti at $2000 “msrp” but if you’re sitting on something old, a $500-$800 3070/3070Ti/3080 is a pretty safe bet on a massive upgrade from anything below a 1080Ti and if you get lucky enough to get a next gen amd or Nvidia GPU you will probably get most of your money back and also have use of that card for that amount of time instead of waiting.

I’m not a YOLO kind of person over fiscal responsibility but in the big picture how many months are in a lifetime???

I got in in about 20min. Only 6900XT and 6700XT available :(
Really trying to get a 6800XT...
I got in around 10 mins and the same. I thought about the 6900xt but seeing all the price cut around and almost 2 years after launch, I can wait some more. Aib 6800xt should be less than that soon.

I got in after about 3 min and 6800 and 6800 XT were available still but decided not to get anything and had a meeting I had to get to anyway lol. I wanted to get a 5800X3D but I guess they aren't for sale yet.

Got in at 2 mins, ATC not working at all and I wasn't the only one apparently. Serves me for returning that 6700xt, guess I will never get a 6800 FE again. 😞

I got in after about 3 min and 6800 and 6800 XT were available still but decided not to get anything and had a meeting I had to get to anyway lol. I wanted to get a 5800X3D but I guess they aren't for sale yet.
4/20 is the release date for 5800x3D I believe.

NVIDIA today announced that their RTX 30 graphics cards have been resupplied and should now be available to gamers.
oh yay how great still no msrp sightings? At this point may not even bother even at msrp with the 40 series coming up

5900x cpu goes from 549 to 379.. if I saw something similar with a 3080 or hell even a 3070 I'll bite but I was on one side of a supply and demand argument screw job so now that the tables have turned I'll not bite until the benefit leans in my direction

I’ve been told there have been huge shipments of 3080 12gb models lately. I wonder if this overstock will start to cause prices to come down from the high end.

I’ve been told there have been huge shipments of 3080 12gb models lately. I wonder if this overstock will start to cause prices to come down from the high end.
Seems like nvidia moved all their 3080 chips to the 12 GB model, but nobody wants to pay the premium for it (they just want the regular 10 GB model).
As a result, lots of excess 12 GB cards.

Seems like nvidia moved all their 3080 chips to the 12 GB model, but nobody wants to pay the premium for it (they just want the regular 10 GB model).
As a result, lots of excess 12 GB cards.
Can you blame them? It costs them the same either way and of course larger profit margins for the 12GB. Year and a half later and the yields have undoubtedly improved to the point that they are force binning chips to be 3080 10GB because they are too stubborn to obsolete it.

Get enough of those 12GB to stockpile and they'll get the point. Customers just gotta hold the line.

Back