[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

ASUS says starting on April 1st through Spring, up to 25% price decrease. So it could still be a few weeks.
The tariff exclusions were re-added a few days ago, and there hasn't been any noticable change in prices, so it hasn't happened yet.

I think supply and demand is determining the prices - so lowering the MSRP won't necessarily lower the selling prices. Luckily supply keeps growing so prices will keep coming down regardless.

ASUS says starting on April 1st through Spring, up to 25% price decrease. So it could still be a few weeks.
The tariff exclusions were re-added a few days ago, and there hasn't been any noticable change in prices, so it hasn't happened yet.

Well the tariffs would still apply to cards already imported, correct? Should just be the newly imported stuff that should be exempt.

I missed the AMD queue again. What time does it normally start?

I hadn’t tried since I picked up a GSync only monitor now, but it was around 9am central opening and supposed to start early signups starting 8:45.

Well the tariffs would still apply to cards already imported, correct? Should just be the newly imported stuff that should be exempt.

From the announcement:

The 352 reinstated tariff exclusions are retroactive to October 12, 2021 and extend forward through December 31, 2022.

So most cards on sale now probably won't have a tariff applied.

I clicked on that link right when you posted it and I didn't see any FE cards. In fact as far as I know they never really have those in stock. The FE 3070 and 3060 Ti are great cards and at their price points they are insane to pass up.

There’s a drop happening. I see a 3080ti available in my area still but still a hard pill to swallow with presumably 4000 series on the way in the next year.

I clicked on that link right when you posted it and I didn't see any FE cards. In fact as far as I know they never really have those in stock. The FE 3070 and 3060 Ti are great cards and at their price points they are insane to pass up.
3060 Ti, 3070, and 3080 FE's were popping in and out of stock.

Best buy just had FE drops (all sold out) but also has a bunch of other 3xxx series cards that aren't too crazy expensive $670 3070, $640 3060ti, etc.)

AMD stock crash today on downgrade & warnings of post-pandemic PC market correction (too many shipments):

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/31/bar...-and-gaming-markets-due-for-a-correction.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/amd-stock-pc-demand-market-correction-51648738350?siteid=nf-rss

He pointed to elevated PC original equipment manufacturing shipments, which are well above prepandemic levels. Though some argue the number of PCs per person per household will increase due to hybrid working, Curtis doesn’t think that trend can sustain the market at recent levels.

The analyst also believes gaming interest will wane a bit when compared with early pandemic levels, which could impact AMD’s business selling custom chips for videogame consoles in 2023 and 2024. Though he thinks AMD is well positioned in the server market, he doesn’t think continued growth in that business will be enough to offset potential struggles elsewhere.

TLDR
bubble go pop.

It looks like this, don't think it's the Founder's Edition:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card - Dark Platinum and Black, $499​

Model:9001G1422510000
SKU:6429442

6429442_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Oh, so I should grab one of those if I can? I was in the queue for a 3070 but didn't have time to sit there and watch it.
For the 3060 Ti, 3070, and 3080 10 GB (FE's) you should buy them without even thinking about it. If you can buy more than one, buy them all.
If you see a man on the street carrying one, stab him in the chest and take it. I once held a 3060 Ti FE in my hand and it was like cradling baby Jesus himself, my life was changed.

It looks like this, don't think it's the Founder's Edition:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card - Dark Platinum and Black, $499​

Model:9001G1422510000
SKU:6429442

6429442_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
LOL I know what the founders edition is but I guess I just wasn't being clear that I meant I didn't see any in stock. Apparently they were popping in and out as others have mentioned. I've gotten several founders editions of different models from Best Buy over the last year from waiting in line all night...

I would though the AiB that have been gouging AMD cards would be stock holding the bag. AMD branded cards have been consistently selling out at MSRP and not the AiB cards that they were asking 2x+ AMD's MSRP. I would assume there wasn't going to be a credit given back to the AiB cause they probably paid the same per GPU from AMD no matter what the AiB set their price at.

Update on the $400 total tech 6700xts: Wife just picked them up today. Checked the Total Tech page and the "member savings" updated after pickup to $600. Checked the cancellation amount and it's $47 instead of the full $200. Eh, $476 each for an AiB model is still pretty solid I suppose. Might still return if I can get my hands on an AMD direct 6800 (lol, doubtful).

So in the end yeah, you won't get the full amount back on a TT refund but you also don't get charged back the full discount either. Still a good deal.

LOL I know what the founders edition is but I guess I just wasn't being clear that I meant I didn't see any in stock. Apparently they were popping in and out as others have mentioned. I've gotten several founders editions of different models from Best Buy over the last year from waiting in line all night...

So that’s the FE? I wasn’t sure cause it didn’t say FE anywhere in the ad. I will definitely try to grab it next time.

So that’s the FE? I wasn’t sure cause it didn’t say FE anywhere in the ad. I will definitely try to grab it next time.
The FE/s are Nvidia's own design. On Bestbuy's product pages for them, it will have "NVIDIA" listed as the brand. Whereas an Nvidia card from Gigabyte, will have "Gigabyte" listed as the brand.

Yeah the cards with no shrouds and black heatsink fins are the FE.
You mean the cards that look like works of art and scream quality? As opposed to the chunks of metal with plastic shrouds screwed to them?

Nvidia even went to the trouble with the FE to hide the screws.

To be fair, you can't tell aesthetically what any gpu looks like in a case running an rgb light show.

I'm not sure I would say screams quality since the heatsink is not mounted securely and moves around inside the shroud bit but they are heavy that is for sure lol.

I bought a 3080ti FE last week. It had a bad fan bearing or something, was loud. I exchanged it for another card and this one is good in that department.

Both have super loud coil whine though so that's disappointing. Hoping it lowers over time. It definitely looks great though.

My local store had quite a few of them though. Still showing in stock now.

I bought a 3080ti FE last week. It had a bad fan bearing or something, was loud. I exchanged it for another card and this one is good in that department.

Both have super loud coil whine though so that's disappointing. Hoping it lowers over time. It definitely looks great though.

My local store had quite a few of them though. Still showing in stock now.
Seems about a 50 50% chance of getting one with a shitty fan. Digital Foundry had two FE 3080 TI and said one of them was extremely noisy. Same in my experience I've had two of them and one of them just had a horrible rickety sounding fan and the other one had a normal sounding fan. But yes they both had completely unacceptable levels of coil whine for me. I had an FE 3090 and it was the loudest card I've ever heard and clearly something had to be wrong with it. It literally sound like it was going to take off when under full load and it also had stupid levels of coil whine. The FE 3070 I had was extremely quiet with essentially no audible coil whine.

Warm??? - 6800XT $825-ish (+ tax depending on location)
https://stockx.com/amd-radeon-rx6800xt-graphics-card
Seem to be fairly available at around this price:

Your Purchase Price $775.00
Processing Fee $34.88
Shipping $14.95
Total (incl. tax)* $824.83

Unless you know the buyer to help rma it, I would not buy an amd card off stock x at that price. AMD is super picky about warranty and will only assist original buyer. I'm not saying amd makes bad cards but 824.83 paperweights is an expensive paperweight.

Last edited:
Here's my takeaway on the 3090 Ti (FTW3 specifically):

1. Heatsink is an extra half-slot larger than the 3090 FTW3. They also switched to a vapor chamber. It actually cools better despite using more power.
2. All GDDR6X modules are 2GB and moved to the front of the PCB, improves cooling and reduces power.
3. 8-12% faster than the 3090 FTW3 according to GN.
4. Full hash rate, like the 3090.
5. Sells at FE MSRP, as opposed to the ~$200 mark up on the 3090 FTW3. With EVGA 3090's, MSRP would get you the basic XC3 model. But at these prices I'm not sure that's relevant.

Unless you can find a 3090 at $1500-$1700 (FE, basically) the 3090 Ti at MSRP is a better deal. 3090's on Ebay are going for $2,000+ for some reason.

Yeah I believe that when I see it. It's like whenever oil prices spike, gas prices spike almost immediately, but when oil comes back down gas prices kind of trickle back down slowly.

BB is showing "stock" for FE 3070 and 3080Ti in my area. In line to see if one can actually be had.
IN line for a while and was shown "Add to Cart" button but went OOS once clicked.

Still, looks like stock is coming in and lasting a bit longer. Maybe ppl waiting to see what prices do after the "tariff's" end...or, hopefully, ppl are done with $800+ cards from NV.

Here's my takeaway on the 3090 Ti (FTW3 specifically):

1. Heatsink is an extra half-slot larger than the 3090 FTW3. They also switched to a vapor chamber. It actually cools better despite using more power.
2. All GDDR6X modules are 2GB and moved to the front of the PCB, improves cooling and reduces power.
3. 8-12% faster than the 3090 FTW3 according to GN.
4. Full hash rate, like the 3090.
5. Sells at FE MSRP, as opposed to the ~$200 mark up on the 3090 FTW3. With EVGA 3090's, MSRP would get you the basic XC3 model. But at these prices I'm not sure that's relevant.

Unless you can find a 3090 at $1500-$1700 (FE, basically) the 3090 Ti at MSRP is a better deal. 3090's on Ebay are going for $2,000+ for some reason.
Just like all the other basic black cards don't expect to see any after the initial units sell out. Everything will be the FTW3 at the $200+ premium.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-Graphics-WINDFORCE-GV-N3080GAMING-OC-12GD/dp/B09QDWGNPG

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12G Graphics Card, 3X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 384-bit GDDR6X, GV-N3080GAMING OC-12GD Video Card​

$1049 from Amazon shipped and sold by. 4 year warranty.

I finally bit. Been trying the shuffle and AMD’s drop forever and it’s worth it to me at this point to not waste any more time and effort.
Yeah that's really good, I've said before the 3080 12 GB MSRP should be about $1,000. Although that's just my own opinion.

For what it's worth that card has been in stock for at least 10 hours, too.
Also on Newegg, shell shocker.

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3080-gv-n3080gaming-oc-12gd/p/N82E16814932489

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back